Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

French Intervention in Mali

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#46    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,965 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 19 January 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

No, but the forces that are arrayed against the West aren't a cohesive, organised organisation (?) under one leadership, like, for example, the Germans in WWII or indeed the Communists; they're individual, unrelated small groups, or even individuals who are "inspired" by the ideals that what we like to call Al Q represent. (Which is after all one translation of what Al Qaeada means, an idea or inspiration). How could that be defeated by means of Military intervention? Even if we (the West) do succeed in wiping out a local group declaring allegiance to Al Q in our current preferred country of choice in which to intervene, would that make the slightest difference to any of the other countries in which they are, or so we say, involved? Are they likely to be so discouraged they'll just lay down their arms, if they're as insane and fanatical as people like to claim? Even if they are motivated by a fanatical hatred of Christianity, how on earth would an endless series of one intervention after another deter them? Surely it wuld do just the opposite and just perpetually antagonise them even more :cry:
The question was about what do we do to survive as a distinct culture.  I agree that the problem seems darned near hopeless.  But to do nothing guarantees that the ideology they espouse will dominate the globe in time.  Sometimes it is better to fight - even when there is no hope - than to just submit and hope for the best.  These are our choices as I see them.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#47    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 2,355 posts

• I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

Sounds like the French want to blow the Islamists all the way to,,,,...,Timbuktu. :unsure:

Mali conflict: France aiming for 'total reconquest'

Even the Russians are offering to help.  How about that!!

Edited by BlackRedLittleDevil, 21 January 2013 - 07:24 AM.

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#48    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

• Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

View Postseeder, on 17 January 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

Well, RT live news just had a guy saying basically.... that the french have moved in, in an effort to protect European interests, gold/diamond mines and oil fields...plus keeping china from getting in there and buying the resources for bigger money..thus china getting a foothold into Africa, with promises of building infrastructure... which the west doesn't want...

and then...he was going on that with the downfall of Libya, Algeria was sposed to be next., and may even be so

RT isn't exactly on the ball when it comes to mainstream journalism. For one thing, the Chinese have been in sub-Saharan Africa for years now, building infrastructure and acquiring  new resource contracts from places like the DRC and Angola. Thousands of Chinese have moved into Africa also, much to the chagrin of the locals in Zambia for example where the Chinese are setting up businesses and stealing money away from locals.

But yeah, anything that gives Alex Jones air time is garbage in my opinion.

Signature removed - please see rule 3b.

#49    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

View PostBlackRedLittleDevil, on 20 January 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

You make a clear allegation that some of us are out there to blame western Govts for anything that goes wrong in the world (not true) and when we do provide you with the evidence, you find reasons to justify their actions and on top of it all you're still adamant that people still see, what you call conspiracy theories everywhere and are persistently witch hunting.
You surely are a true believer.  Unfortunately after a couple of lies here and coverups there, I do start becoming skeptical.  Sorry, can't help it.

Just because there have been dirty tricks in the past, and there have definately been some dirty tricks played, does not mean that every single event is some kind of plot. Being skeptical is fine and should be encouraged. But you need to be careful that your skeptism doesn't turn into paranoia.

Look, your eyes see what to want to see.  You call it conspiracy, I call it dirty international politics and there is plenty of it which us commoners only know a small percentage of.  Your faithful to the official versions, fine with me.

And likewise your eyes see what they want to see. If your faithful to the various blogs and videos and other sources that put out these theories it's no skin off my nose.

We'll never know will we.  What do you put the arab uprise in most ME and NA countries to?  Evolutionary progress, new spiritual awakening?
Considering they've become more radical, I would disregard the two.  So what's driving the up rise, because I'm not sure.

Could it be they way you simply perceive things, that people got sick after decades of thievings and dictatorships, ALL AT ONCE??  Maybe

Oh I'm sure we'll know eventually, but it will take years of study to hammer out the details. Personally I think the people in the ME just got tired of the same people running their countries and they wanted a change, any change. As for why it happened all at once I think it's because they saw results in Tunisia and later in Egypt. People started thinking that if it happened there, it could happen in their own countries. And with the internet and social media this idea spread a lot quicker than it would have in the past. I find this much more reasonable than the idea that the US managed to find thousands of people willing to sell out their country.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#50    ali smack

ali smack

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

I don't normally agree with interventions but I do agree with this as the terriosts are Raping and killing innocent women, children and men. They are also cutting people's hands off and all kinds of other despicable acts.
The French have to go in there to save the citizens of Mali from these foul beasts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users