Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Do Scientists Fear the Paranormal?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#46    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 2,875 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostCrikey, on 20 January 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

If fundies are going to heaven, I swear I don't wanna go.. :)
They hate my guts, I get messages like this when I try to log back into their forums-
"Your account has been disabled,
Please do not make any attempt to participate further in any of our Communities
"

No sweat, they can't get under Jesus's radar-
  "Not all who call me "Lord,Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I'll tell them plainly, I never knew you, GET AWAY FROM ME!" (Matt 7:21-23)  

No sweat, they can't get under Jesus's radar
Ah, the "not a true Christian" argument.

You sound just like those who "can't get under Jesus's radar", dismissing left, right and center people not real Christians and therefore won't be in heaven with you.  Only certain Christians are really Christians and deserve eternity in heaven instead of getting tossed into the fiery lake, huh?  And of course you happen to be one of the real Christians...

Yup, you don't sound that much different than them.

Edited by Archimedes, 20 January 2013 - 05:43 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#47    Crikey

Crikey

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

• I just keep getting stronger..

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

View PostArchimedes, on 20 January 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

Ah, the "not a true Christian" argument... Only certain Christians are really Christians and deserve eternity in heaven instead of getting tossed into the fiery lake, huh?  And of course you happen to be one of the real Christians...

Nice try mate but no..:)
We all know fundy xians are small-minded creeps, so you surely can't expect us to believe they'll go to heaven?
As for the rest of us, none of us know if we're heaven-bound, heck I'm an ex-convict (3-month vigilante rap) so my chances are...who knows?
Even Paul never assumed he'd automatically make it through the pearlies-
"I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time" (1 Cor 4:3)

#48    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Somedays Id rather go to hell if all these nutjobs are heaven bound.

#49    Judeaous

Judeaous

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

• Your mind will never "play tricks" on you. Ghosts will....

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

View PostRyu, on 19 January 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

Convenient because it is true.
The reason many people hate rational explanations is because it totally demolishes their little boat of fantasy and woo theories.
Once the veil of genies, fairies and boogey-men has been ripped down, they don't like the reality behind it.

Ryu, your post reflects a point I like to bring up about Science, which is on target with topic.....  Your statement champions scientific theory over the supernatural, comparing the latter to
"Genies, Fairies and Boogymen".  The language used is an attempt to "Dyphemise" the supernatural through use of weak analogy.  This type of un-objective rhetoric is fine for a message board, as Ive found myself guilty on the opposing side...But!!  Science itself uses this style of writing to sell its wares to the unbeknownst readers of its theory's opposing the para-normal.  Ghost Hunting and Clairvoyance are lumped together with Bigfoot, lockness, UFOs, and other unrelated data.  A newbie picks up a psych text and learns about "Pareidolia" for the first time... The examples shown are vague coincidences of nature, such as the Virgen Mary on a tortilla, or Jesus on a slice of burnt toast.  (You will not see a good, authentic ghost pic. like The Lord Cumbremere) as an example.   The reader then forms their own conclusions about the issue, solidified by the "trusted" text.  It's not unlike .."un-objective brainwashing" to sell its theory's concerning the supernatural.  If science has to resort to this kind of reporting.... It leaves one to wonder....
Is The Governing Board of the 20 top Scientific Society's afraid to accept clairvoyance and spiritualism as legitimate?  

"People with a psychological need to believe in marvels are no more prejudiced and gullible than people with a psychological need not to believe in marvels."
Charles Fort

Sent from my iPhone

Today's paranormal researchers err....by clinging to the skirts of science, who's naturalistic viewpoint CAN NEVER allow for the bearing of any fruit.
Not unlike studying the fundamentals of American Democracy, by referencing MEIN KOMPF.

#50    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,230 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

" Science progresses one funeral at a time"
Max Planck

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users