Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

London Helicopter Crash

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 34,219 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

London helicopter crash: Two die in Vauxhall crane accident

www.bbc.co.uk said:

Two people have been killed and nine injured when a helicopter crashed into a crane in central London in misty conditions.

Police said it appeared the helicopter had hit the crane on top of The Tower, One St George Wharf at about 08:00 GMT.

About 90 firefighters are at the scene near Wandsworth Road in South Lambeth. Doctors said one of the dead was in the helicopter and the other on the ground.

Posted Image Read more...

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#2    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 7,570 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

I had a helicopter pilot tell me once "A lot of things can happen when you fly a helicopter... Only one of them is good"..

Tragic accident... My condolences for those involved and their families...

#3    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

Absolutely tragic news.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#4    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,148 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

Initially looked fishy that it was right across the road, more or less, from the gigantic wedding cake that houses MI6, but looks as though he clipped the crane on approach to Battersea Heliport in poor visibil'm alwaysity. Must say I'm always surprised that they allow helicopters to fly low right over the centre of London, but there you go.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users