Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

23 Executive Actions for who?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1    Pyridium

Pyridium

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Can someone explain how any of these new orders will help protect any of the children he had seated behind him?

#2    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,098 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

it wont.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#3    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,865 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

Could you post what these 23 executive actions are? I didn't see his little speech.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#4    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,051 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

I watched his Groundbreaking speech. Of course, most NRA Goons and Redknecks cannot understand any of it, they want free access to weapons designed only to fire the maximum number of rounds in the shortest time (not exactly your classic Game Hunting scenario is it??).

Background checks on EVERYONE buying a weapon - even private purchases, what is so wrong with that?? It takes away one avenue for Idiots and Criminals to purchase weapons (please note that I said "1 avenue")

#5    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 16 January 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

I watched his Groundbreaking speech. Of course, most NRA Goons and Redknecks cannot understand any of it, they want free access to weapons designed only to fire the maximum number of rounds in the shortest time (not exactly your classic Game Hunting scenario is it??).

Background checks on EVERYONE buying a weapon - even private purchases, what is so wrong with that?? It takes away one avenue for Idiots and Criminals to purchase weapons (please note that I said "1 avenue")

Hunting? lol

Might want to learn why Americans want guns.... it sure as hell isn't for hunting. lol

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#6    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,098 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

nothing wrong at all, i don't mind it at all. knock yourself out.but tell me how does 7 bullets instead of 10 in MY (or anyone elses that obey the law) gun makes any difference.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#7    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,051 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

View Postaztek, on 16 January 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

nothing wrong at all, i don't mind it at all. knock yourself out.but tell me how does 7 bullets instead of 10 in MY (or anyone elses that obey the law) gun makes any difference.
7 bullets instead of 20 or 30 - now that makes a difference. Why do you even need 7 bullets in your clip???

#8    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Of course if you go to Obama's old district in Chicago, you won't see guns everywhere, nor impoverished people who can't speak a ******* word of English.

Or DC for that matter. Obama should clean up his backyard before he attacks the rest of the country.

Edited by Order66, 16 January 2013 - 06:59 PM.

Posted Image

#9    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,098 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 16 January 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

7 bullets instead of 20 or 30 - now that makes a difference. Why do you even need 7 bullets in your clip???
no the question was, and the law is, 7 bullets not as prevously 10. 20-30 already were illegal.lets not get into NEED debate, you'll lose there

RESIDENT TROLL.

#10    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

You do realize that this really does nothing. After you expend the 7 rounds you can simply reload with a new mag. What does it matter why I want more than 7 rounds in the clip if I am obeying the law it doesnt matter. People that do these awful crimes are going to do them anyway whether they have a 7 clip mag or a 20 clip mag they will find a way to do what it is they do because they are sick. The bottom line is that these are isolated incidents that while horrible are not the norm, they are not even common place they are incredibly rare. Why go after guns so hard when more kids die while texting and driving, or drinking to much alchol, or in car accidents caused by excessive speeds. It really is a knee jerk reaction to something that while insanely horrible is an isolated incident in the grand scheme of things. Here are some links I found interesting about mass shootings

http://articles.lati...common-20121218

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=17978004

http://chronicle.com...mass-shootings/

Edited by Grey14, 16 January 2013 - 07:20 PM.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#11    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Because if you're in my home, I'm making sure you're not leaving healthy, if at all.

My handguns hold 15 and 17 rounds.  They won't be taking them from me.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#12    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

- Post removed -
Explain the law abiding citizens who already own said "Assault Weapons" who do not go on shooting sprees. I'm not seeing a problem there. Just because you own a military grade rifle does not mean you're going to go Rambo at a shopping mall. Your logic fails.

#13    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,051 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 16 January 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

Explain the law abiding citizens who already own said "Assault Weapons" who do not go on shooting sprees. I'm not seeing a problem there. Just because you own a military grade rifle does not mean you're going to go Rambo at a shopping mall. Your logic fails.
Take them all away. Your logic fails because (according to you) they have never been needed. But enough have been used in countless shootings to make them extremely dangerous, and unnecessary

#14    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 16 January 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

Take them all away. Your logic fails because (according to you) they have never been needed. But enough have been used in countless shootings to make them extremely dangerous, and unnecessary

Keith, from now on you will be referred to as "nanny state", anyone disagree?

Edited by WoIverine, 16 January 2013 - 07:36 PM.

#15    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,051 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 16 January 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

Keith, from now on you will be referred to as "nanny state", anyone disagree?

In other words... you also have nothing to suggest that will help to prevent such tragedies. You take ALL School shootings as Collateral Damage to your own weird desire to own guns and weapons that are only designed to kill people... Nice...

***SNIP***

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf, 16 January 2013 - 07:50 PM.
personal attack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users