Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

23 Executive Actions for who?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,050 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 16 January 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

Take them all away. Your logic fails because (according to you) they have never been needed. But enough have been used in countless shootings to make them extremely dangerous, and unnecessary
Killing is extremely dangerous and unnecessary, law abiding citizens don't do that. Anything can kill. Need I link you to the petition to ban hammers and baseball bats? They've killed more people then any civilian with an assault rifle. THINK OF THE CHILDREN.

Edited by Hasina, 16 January 2013 - 07:41 PM.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#17    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,737 posts

• With great power, comes great irresponsibility.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 16 January 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

In other words... you also have nothing to suggest that will help to prevent such tragedies. You take ALL School shootings as Collateral Damage to your own weird desire to own guns and weapons that are only designed to kill people... Nice...

Maybe we should ban everything used in the mass of violent crimes in the UK? Obviously they have found ways to improvise without having "assault weapons", so we can start by banning glass bottles and cutlery. Yes, lets's make everyone use plastic forks and knives as well.

#18    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,888 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

View PostGrey14, on 16 January 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

Please explain to me (seriuosly and logically) how banning assault type weapons and magizines in excess of 10 rounds will reduce gun violence. I just want to know what is it going to do. Can you tell me that?

It's going to make them feel better.  It won't change a damn thing, but they'll feel better.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#19    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,510 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

View PostGrey14, on 16 January 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

And niether is you refering to anyone that disagrees with you a NRA fanatic or redneck.

Please explain to me (seriuosly and logically) how banning assault type weapons and magizines in excess of 10 rounds will reduce gun violence. I just want to know what is it going to do. Can you tell me that?

Let me turn that question on it's head...

Why, seriously, WHY does anyone need an Assault Weapon for any other reason than to actually decide to kill people?? A short barrel shot - gun is so more effective in personal defence

#20    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,510 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 16 January 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

Maybe we should ban everything used in the mass of violent crimes in the UK? Obviously they have found ways to improvise without having "assault weapons", so we can start by banning glass bottles and cutlery. Yes, lets's make everyone use plastic forks and knives as well.

Maybe you should answer the question I put to you: "What would you propose to prevent these incidents"?  Think outside of the box, think....

#21    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 16 January 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

Why, seriously, WHY does anyone need an Assault Weapon for any other reason than to actually decide to kill people?? A short barrel shot - gun is so more effective in personal defence

Why does anyone need a 60' flat screen tv? Why does anyone need a 100k BMW? Why does someone need a 10k gold watch? Why does anyone need any of the things people like to buy or collect? Why someone may want one is irrelavent but it did allow you to avoid the question. So I will answer it for you. These new limits will do NOTHING to lessen Violent crimes.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#22    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,737 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 16 January 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

Maybe you should answer the question I put to you: "What would you propose to prevent these incidents"?  Think outside of the box, think....

I actually tend to agree with some of the things the president put forth earlier today. In each of these major gun related crimes, psychiatric drugs and conditioning through violent media were factors, this needs to be examined closely.

Edited by WoIverine, 16 January 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#23    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,510 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 16 January 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

I actually tend to agree with some of the things the president put forth earlier today.

What do you agree with?

#24    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,876 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 16 January 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

To rebel against a dictator. How would you rebel against a dictator? Ask him nicely (or her, i don't want to discriminate) to step down?

#25    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,737 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 16 January 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

What do you agree with?

I'm not really seeing the harm in these:

1. Universal criminal background checks

2. National criminal database improvements.

3. Increases in mental health funding.

4. Federal gun violence research.

5. Anti-trafficking proposals.

Edited by WoIverine, 16 January 2013 - 08:05 PM.

#26    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 16 January 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

I'm not really seeing the harm in this:

"universal criminal background checks, national criminal database improvements, increases in mental health funding, federal gun violence research, and anti-trafficking proposals."

I would agree with this as well.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#27    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,888 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 16 January 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

7 bullets instead of 20 or 30 - now that makes a difference. Why do you even need 7 bullets in your clip???

Just ordered a couple of 20 round magazines for my Beretta Storm.  Thanks for making it click that I'd better order them now.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#28    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,510 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Then we are not so different, except I would remove Military type Assault Weapons from the shopping list

View PostSweetpumper, on 16 January 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

Just ordered a couple of 20 round magazines for my Beretta Storm.  Thanks for making it click that I'd better order them now.

Just childish... but I expect nothing more from you

#29    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,814 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

as long as they come with stiff fine recommendations in case of disobedience I see no harm either. The "assault rifle" and magazine part is just a placebo and more designed as window dressing than effective. Now, politics does not work without window dressing. I would add a national firearm database including firing pin, extractor and barrel markings, but it looks like nothing is perfect.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#30    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,737 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

I would however want item 4 to be compiled of federal research and public research from different firms, represented by different parties. Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Constitution, and even by the public itself (if possible) so as to safeguard the popluation from propagandized research. Let's get the real facts, ones that are not based on agendas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users