Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

If ET arrived and said: I'm God

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: If ET arrived and said: I'm God (47 member(s) have cast votes)

If extra terrestrials landed and told us that they were our creators, would you believe it?

1. Yes (3 votes [6.38%])

Percentage of vote: 6.38%

2. No (20 votes [42.55%])

Percentage of vote: 42.55%

3. DON'T KNOW (15 votes [31.91%])

Percentage of vote: 31.91%

4. DON'T CARE (9 votes [19.15%])

Percentage of vote: 19.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 19,354 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

Well, if they were as good looking and intelligent as me, I'd be more inclined to believe them.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#47    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

View Postseeder, on 17 January 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

ha - maybe but I only quoted from whats in the big book! So if the big book has got that bit wrong, about things that MUST come to pass.. well maybe all of its wrong then?  But I never argue religion with anyone.  Thats how wars start!

Anyway..

What does God need with a starship?

edit to add better sound quality vid

Star Trek is so wise!

#48    Magicjax

Magicjax

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

If that happened the reason would probably be to test the planet. Seed the planet then come back later to see if the life they "planted" where able to survive. In they can't survive the planet could be thought of as inhabitable.

So they better hurry up and come back because we're starting to ruine this planet. :)

Man in suit!

Posted Image

#49    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,229 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

View Postand then, on 17 January 2013 - 02:02 AM, said:

Yep...we are even warned that a great deception would fool most in the last days.  I can't think of one that would be more universally accepted - can you?
I can, the Anti-Christ is meant to be killed and rises again, can yo imagine the reaction to seeing som leader shot in the head and miraculously healed? The world would fallover itself to fawn over him.

Shoul that happen in our lifetime, I expect we'd meet at Megedo.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#50    SubjectDigamma

SubjectDigamma

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

Yes
No
DON'T KNOW
DON'T CARE
Geting my gun here  ET ET ET mwhaaaa haaaaa 😈

👽   🔫

#51    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,827 posts

• With great power, comes great irresponsibility.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

Biblical God viciously curb stomps ET claiming to be "God".

Edited by WoIverine, 21 January 2013 - 03:11 AM.

#52    chopmo

chopmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 342 posts

• aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

I think we will more likely see a united from of interstellar species that will present themselves, tbh if we are engineered in any aspect I would hate to think of the Jealousy, Greed and Hatred goes on for what we do not understand, not saying that all species would have that effecting them but if you follow the gist if we are they way we are as a species what to say theirs not some p***ed off species that wants nothing more than to have our lives. To say only one species will visit us when it happens is as ignorant as humans thinking we are completely alone.

The most scariest things we face today, is if anything were to arise would we accept any changes that are requested upon us as a planet? I would hope/pray/call it what you will that 3/4 of the population would see the truth and if it all was ok and it wasn't some master plan to rape and pillage the earth and follow suit. The biggest threats to anything that could possibly happen is the Mass Media/Politics/Religion especially Political Leaders and Religious Leaders tbh I don't think they would all like to be taken of their high horses/pedestals too many unsafe people are given access to the big red buttons that NO ONE should have. Even worse to think if say Obama (example) went with open arms and the US Military refused to follow suit.

I put it to it's not what an ET would want to do with us, but how the main slate would react, short on having a miracle cure wash the indifference of religion/politics/greed from the world then it happens, I do not expect it to be an easy transition... there's always one f*^$head no matter where you are.

why is everyone so &^%$ing concerned with "the end"...
new beginnings is what you should be concerned about...

#53    srd44

srd44

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

The Op launched 2 completely different questions.1) If an ET said they were God I'd respond how is it they're familiar with our cultural concpetions? 2) is the created us is a different question.... I'd ask them, WTF were they thinking?

1 Bible Contradiction a day -- identified & explained !! http://contradictionsinthebible.com

#54    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

They`d certainly have a more credible claim than our "mainstream" religions.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#55    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

View Postand then, on 17 January 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

So a first contact occurs.  The government can't/won't hide it and we see our first real ETs.  They tell us that they planted us here very long ago and that they are our "god".  They have technology we cannot imagine.  Do you believe their story?

They may have helped to develope our race, but the real God created them too. Doesn't make them God, they didn't create the universe, it just makes 'em a bunch of scientific A-holes that should've minded their own business.

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#56    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,937 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

View Postand then, on 17 January 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

So a first contact occurs.  The government can't/won't hide it and we see our first real ETs.  They tell us that they planted us here very long ago and that they are our "god".  They have technology we cannot imagine.  Do you believe their story?
  That kind of claim would require some incredible proof.

"But then with me that horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" - Charles Darwin, in a letter to William Graham on July 3, 1881

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users