Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

[Merged]Amateur prospector finds massive gold nugget

gold nugget metal detector ballarat

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    TheOtherSide1945

TheOtherSide1945

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 105 posts

• "Some men just want to see the world burn" Alfred

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:05 AM

surprised the critics arent on here saying its swamp gas.

#17    Erudite Celt

Erudite Celt

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:35 AM

@ pallidin' such a large nugget wont have come far from it's origonal source. I googled the area on google maps and a few things stand out.#1 its a very flat area. #2 it has few river sources but lots of small lakes and swamps. This is both good and bad, good because any gold carried to the area will remain in the area because it sits in a natural basin and cannot get washed away, bad because most of the gold will have settled in the bottom of the lakes and swamps "the very bottom". If I lived in the area I would be looking for traces of ancient water and river courses,the present drought in Australia would be an ideal time to look for such   courses as they will probably be greener than the surrounding area.  the outer race of a river course is were you would find the greatest accumulations, but the sumps of those swamps must be full of the stuff.

PS If you ever find naturally occurring gold in the UK don't tell any one and sell it because it is crown property and unlike treasure trove you will not get a penny from the government!!!

Edited by Erudite Celt, 24 January 2013 - 06:40 AM.

#18    Erudite Celt

Erudite Celt

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

View PostOverSword, on 18 January 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

Jealous!
Try Sultan in Snohomish County you might get lucky!!!

#19    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,083 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

View PostErudite Celt, on 24 January 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

PS If you ever find naturally occurring gold in the UK don't tell any one and sell it because it is crown property and unlike treasure trove you will not get a penny from the government!!!

Already had this idea firmly planned out if I ever do find a hoard! Even if its classed as Treasure you still need to wait till someone buys it before they pay you out, that may not be so quick in the current financial state of the UK either..

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#20    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

Great timing finding that nugget with the way gold prices are these days.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much of it can make you arrogant & egotistical.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users