Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Time capsule from 1930s found at Bannockburn

time capsule bannockburn

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,348 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

Conservationists repairing a flagpole at the Bannockburn memorial in Stirlingshire have found a time capsule from more than 75 years ago.

Workers uncovered a newspaper, coins and fragments of glass sealed inside the historic monument in 1937.

The 1870s flagstaff is being repaired in time for the 700th anniversary of the Battle of Bannockburn next year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...entral-21058125

Posted Image

#2    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,275 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

One for the Scots amongst us......

Two members of the Clan Campbell were on their way home after a Christmas Eve drink in the pub. One said to the other, "Jings, I could murder a MacDonalds!"

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#3    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Gosh darn it! I guess I didn't bury the body there either! *snaps fingers*

Where oh where, could it be?

:)

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#4    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,275 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

View Postealdwita, on 17 January 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

One for the Scots amongst us......

Two members of the Clan Campbell were on their way home after a Christmas Eve drink in the pub. One said to the other, "Jings, I could murder a MacDonalds!"

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Eldorado....where are you when I need you???

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!

#5    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 6,150 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Yeah the joke kinda falls flat without the likes of Eldorado to throw in a pithy response. LOL

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#6    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,275 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

For anyone still agonizing over the meaning of post #2....Google the 'Great Feud'.

Edited by ealdwita, 21 January 2013 - 04:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users