Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

senteced to 15 years for converting

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,413 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

From the article:
  • Nadia Mohamed Ali and seven children jailed after converting to Christianity
  • Sentenced to 15 years in jail at a criminal court in Beni Suef, central Egypt
  • Seven others involved in the case sentenced to five years in jail
A mother and her seven children have been jailed for 15 years for converting back to Christianity from Islam in Egypt.
Nadia Mohamed Ali was raised a Christian but converted to Islam 23 years ago when she married Mohamed Abdel-Wahhab Mustafa.
Following his death, she planned to convert back to her original faith, along with the rest of her family.
But a criminal court in Beni Suef, in central Egypt, sentenced them to jail for 15 years last week, according to reports.
Seven other people, who were involved in the case, were also sentenced to five years in jail.
Human rights advocates have now warned the sentence is a sign of things to come in Egypt under the Islamist government

http://2012countdown...trashed=1&ids=3

#2    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

Unnnbelievable !

Miss me?

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,450 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Yea they do that if you try to leave Islam, she's lucky they didn't execute her.  Seems like Egypt is worse off than it was.  Their tourist industry has died.

#4    tipotep

tipotep

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

• Muchos Spectacular

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

View PostOverSword, on 17 January 2013 - 11:19 PM, said:

From the article:
  • Nadia Mohamed Ali and seven children jailed after converting to Christianity
  • Sentenced to 15 years in jail at a criminal court in Beni Suef, central Egypt
  • Seven others involved in the case sentenced to five years in jail
A mother and her seven children have been jailed for 15 years for converting back to Christianity from Islam in Egypt.
Nadia Mohamed Ali was raised a Christian but converted to Islam 23 years ago when she married Mohamed Abdel-Wahhab Mustafa.
Following his death, she planned to convert back to her original faith, along with the rest of her family.
But a criminal court in Beni Suef, in central Egypt, sentenced them to jail for 15 years last week, according to reports.
Seven other people, who were involved in the case, were also sentenced to five years in jail.
Human rights advocates have now warned the sentence is a sign of things to come in Egypt under the Islamist government

http://2012countdown...trashed=1&ids=3

What a joke , looks like Egypt has gone backwards under the new Islamic rule .

Does anyone know what the ' exact ' law was that she broke ?

TiP.

The people who post in the fun and games section have a serious problem with gerbils, this includes and is not limited to Helen, JC and Oversword - they need to seek professional help stat.

#5    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,580 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

Well England cant shout a lot because when old Henry V111, renounced the Pope, and declared the new Protestant religeon, Catholics were treated like lepers, and still are to some extent.But now there are 5 cities in England where the Moslems are the main religeous group.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#6    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,898 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:01 AM

Well, that sure is swell.  Good luck with that Egypt, and my condolences to everyone who doesn't support the extremist takeover democratic constitution.

#7    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• 1,228 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 17 January 2013 - 11:30 PM, said:

Unnnbelievable !

Very believable, unfortunately; and yes, it will get much worse !

Edited by meryt-tetisheri, 18 January 2013 - 04:35 AM.

#8    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• 1,228 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

View Postspud the mackem, on 18 January 2013 - 01:19 AM, said:

Well England cant shout a lot because when old Henry V111, renounced the Pope, and declared the new Protestant religeon, Catholics were treated like lepers, and still are to some extent.But now there are 5 cities in England where the Moslems are the main religeous group.

That was then, this is now! That Catholics were discriminated against under Henry VIII is no consolation for Copts or for Egyptians in general.  

#9    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• 1,228 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

More details about the case are available here

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/01/16/egyptian-court-sentences-entire-family-to-15-years-for-converting-to/

I disagree with Sekulow’s optimisim, at best the US administration will only give lip service to the whole issue and readily accept any lame explanation provided by Egypt because they choose to do that. The role played by the USA in supporting the MB’s climb to power is a common belief in Egypt. Personally, I’m not holding my breath!  

#10    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,233 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:14 AM

Why does the west give these nations money and call them allies when it is clear they are not.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#11    shadowx

shadowx

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

You realize that we're slowly starting to go that way to don't you? Hell, France and Russia have pretty much turned into that now, just has a little more pushing to do before they turn into carbon copies. Don't worry though, we're next  :td:

#12    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,233 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

View Postshadowx, on 18 January 2013 - 05:19 AM, said:

You realize that we're slowly starting to go that way to don't you? Hell, France and Russia have pretty much turned into that now, just has a little more pushing to do before they turn into carbon copies. Don't worry though, we're next  :td:

Damn rights we are, Islam is the biggest threat to the human race as we know it.  I seriously think asspects of it should be banned and labled as hate.  When a muslim hold up a sighn that says behead those that call Islam violent retarted well what does one think.

Islam is a hate crime disguised as a religion. Religion of any kind should not be political ever. Islam is nothing but political. I no longer care about freedom of religion, do it in your home same as crack.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#13    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,570 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 18 January 2013 - 05:35 AM, said:

Damn rights we are, Islam is the biggest threat to the human race as we know it.  I seriously think asspects of it should be banned and labled as hate.  When a muslim hold up a sighn that says behead those that call Islam violent retarted well what does one think.

Islam is a hate crime disguised as a religion. Religion of any kind should not be political ever. Islam is nothing but political. I no longer care about freedom of religion, do it in your home same as crack.

"do it in your home same as crack. "... lol

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#14    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 2,355 posts

• I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 18 January 2013 - 05:35 AM, said:

Religion of any kind should not be political ever.

It's hard to break old habits.

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#15    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,965 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

I had hopes that the Egyptian youth were not finished and would stand against this tyranny.  Maybe they still will.  The MB in charge of the largest population in the region is a catastrophe for that region.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users