Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

WH Posts Vids of kids begging for gun control

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#31    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 18 January 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

Proponent loons on each side are using the media to drive up fear of either "the government is taking all your guns and we will be Nazi germany" or "gun nuts are going to kill your kids if we don't get all the guns".

Both sides are wrong and neither of the extreme loons are willing to meet in the middle for reasonable discussion.

Nibs

Loons is the right word to describe them..  Someone should toss them a brain cell and tell them to put it into action before they mouth off ..

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#32    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,081 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Proponent loons on each side are using the media to drive up fear of either "the government is taking all your guns and we will be Nazi germany" or "gun nuts are going to kill your kids if we don't get all the guns".

Both sides are wrong and neither of the extreme loons are willing to meet in the middle for reasonable discussion.

Nibs

Well, sometimes I have the feeling that there is something like NS propaganda in the whole story, because the complaints we are hearing lately are those promulgated in the Turner Diaries including the clamor for revolution.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#33    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

View PostBama13, on 18 January 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

Is the WH now suggesting that children should make policy or drive policy decisions? I bet most children think that Christmas should come once a month, candy should be free, movies should be free, games should be free, etc.

I think there is a reason why you have to be 18+ to vote.

A kid said this --> “I thought I would write to you to stop gun violence,” reads little Taejah. Are you saying that the kid who said this should be silenced?

Kids were shot dead in their classroom for goodness sake, I say why not let kids have a voice.. If adults are willing to shoot kids, then like adults who suffer losses over gun violence, then so should kids have a voice..

When we went through tough times in N Ireland, a good number of little kids came on asking for the violence to stop.. ( gun violence by terrorists ) No one yapped their mouths off at that..  If a child can sit down and write a letter speaking up about gun violence, it shows they have more wit than some adults that cannot tell their as$ from their elbows ...

I would like to think that every law abiding citizen in the USA ( including those who carry their guns )  would agree with the kids - Please stop the gun violence... That does NOT mean  take away your guns..   I don't know any sane person in their right minds who would want gun violence..  Unless you are totally screwed up and you haven't got the sense you were born with .

There are many US gun owners who feel they need protection and they use their guns for sport, hunting ect, they too would say  no more violence ...   But NONE of them should or will ever loose their guns.. and rightly so

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 18 January 2013 - 08:56 PM.

#34    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,378 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 18 January 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

A kid said this --> “I thought I would write to you to stop gun violence,” reads little Taejah. Are you saying that the kid who said this should be silenced?

Kids were shot dead in their classroom for goodness sake, I say why not let kids have a voice.. If adults are willing to shoot kids, then like adults who suffer losses over gun violence, then so should kids have a voice..

When we went through tough times in N Ireland, a good number of little kids came on asking for the violence to stop.. ( gun violence by terrorists ) No one yapped their mouths off at that..  If a child can sit down and write a letter speaking up about gun violence, it shows they have more wit than some adults that cannot tell their as$ from their elbows ...

I would like to think that every law abiding citizen in the USA ( including those who carry their guns )  would agree with the kids - Please stop the gun violence... That does NOT mean  take away your guns..   I don't know any sane person in their right minds who would want gun violence..  Unless you are totally screwed up and you haven't got the sense you were born with .

There are many US gun owners who feel they need protection and they use their guns for sport, hunting ect, they too would say  no more violence ...   But NONE of them should or will ever loose their guns.. and rightly so

All the abrasive talk about loons and brain cell aside, an assault gun ban means taking away one's right to own assault guns.   What is preventing us from being able to understand that?   Your position boils down to:  You don't have nor want an assault rifle, so what do you care?   And since you don't care, nobody else with a "brain cell" should either!   You have to deny the existence of assault rifles just to insult the people you disagree with.

If these federal bureaucrats want to convince America that they have a brain cell in their heads, they'd stop their violence.   They'd stop having the highest violent crime rates in the country in their jurisdiction, Washington DC.   Hypocrisy reigns and ignorance flourishes.  

Bama13 is right, although it's worse than he says it is.   It's not only most kids that want these things for "free", it's half the adults these days.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#35    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

View PostYamato, on 18 January 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

an assault gun ban means taking away one's right to own assault guns.   What is preventing us from being able to understand that?  

Reading comprehension FAIL..  My post was not about banning assault guns ... I was speaking about those wanting gun violence to end.. ( I highlighted it for a reason )  and yet when you read my post you go off on another  ( and I mean another ) tangent of your own..

Learn to read the post you quote from me before you go off..I have told you this a couple times before .

All the abrasive talk about loons and brain cell aside   
Yea sure, take note  !!

Your position boils down to:  You don't have nor want an assault rifle, so what do you care?     And since you don't care, nobody else with a "brain cell" should either!     
This is what I mean about your reading comprehension.. FAIL .. I  never said anything about not caring   You make things up and you go ahead and answer your own imagination ramblings  lol  

You have to deny the existence of assault rifles just to insult the people you disagree with.     

I denied what now? And insulted who?    Your imagination runs wild  ...

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 18 January 2013 - 10:46 PM.

#36    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,378 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 18 January 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

Reading comprehension FAIL..  My post was not about banning assault guns ... I was speaking about those wanting gun violence to end.. ( I highlighted it for a reason )  and yet when you read my post you go off on another  ( and I mean another ) tangent of your own..

Learn to read the post you quote from me before you go off..I have told you this a couple times before .

Yea sure, take note  !!

This is what I mean about your reading comprehension.. FAIL .. I  never said anything about not caring   You make things up and you go ahead and answer your own imagination ramblings  lol  

I denied what now? And insulted who?    Your imagination runs wild  ...
Exactly, who did you insult?  Who needs a brain cell tossed to them?   You tell me, because I have no idea who you're insulting.  Name some names so I can be convinced you know who you're talking about.

You weren't talking about those wanting gun violence to end or you wouldn't have thrown insults about "tossing them a brain cell".   The kids may have been talking about wanting gun violence to end but they were also stating that they want the President to take away peoples' guns.   If the President's administration is putting that statement on the whitehouse website from the mouth of a child no less, this is troubling.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#37    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,051 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

View PostYamato, on 18 January 2013 - 11:04 PM, said:

Exactly, who did you insult?  Who needs a brain cell tossed to them?   You tell me, because I have no idea who you're insulting.  Name some names so I can be convinced you know who you're talking about.

You weren't talking about those wanting gun violence to end or you wouldn't have thrown insults about "tossing them a brain cell".   The kids may have been talking about wanting gun violence to end but they were also stating that they want the President to take away peoples' guns.   If the President's administration is putting that statement on the whitehouse website from the mouth of a child no less, this is troubling.

She was talking about the loons who are taking everything to extremes and using bs and fear to try to get support.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#38    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,378 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 18 January 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

Where are you getting that idea from?
Barack Obama   :blink:

#39    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

View PostYamato, on 18 January 2013 - 11:04 PM, said:

View PostHerNibs, on 18 January 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

She was talking about the loons who are taking everything to extremes and using bs and fear to try to get support.

Nibs

Thank you Nibs..

#40    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,378 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 18 January 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

Nibs
You both were talking about them.  So I'll ask you the same question.  Who are these loons?   If we're going to start throwing accusations and insults at people, let's at least have some examples for who we're talking about.

#41    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

View PostYamato, on 18 January 2013 - 11:11 PM, said:

You both were talking about them. So I'll ask you the same question.  Who are these loons?   If we're going to start throwing accusations and insults at people, let's at least have some examples for who we're talking about.

Here is how our conversation went.....

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 18 January 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

Nah never.. Only Obama and his party would ever do that..lol

I would like to know where exactly does it state that Obama has in fact confirmed that every last gun owner  will have their guns taken from them??   I am asking because someone on the first page of this thread mentioned  about how he will stop them from taking his guns away.. I thought why say that??  Was there actual news to say guns will go ?

View PostHerNibs, on 18 January 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

:)  Nope.  No such order or law has been passed.  

Nibs

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 18 January 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

Well then why are some getting paranoid over it? Not you but others are getting too paranoid I for one cannot see any of you loosing your guns ( I think you can agree with that too ) .. I doubt Obama would ever make such a decision .. It would ruin his career .......Actually it would ruin any politicians career  and do a lot of damage to society ..

Nibs

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 18 January 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

Loons is the right word to describe them..  Someone should toss them a brain cell and tell them to put it into action before they mouth off ..

That is were the loons came in and what we are speaking of.. If you followed it properly first time, you would have noticed it..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 18 January 2013 - 11:26 PM.

#42    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,378 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 18 January 2013 - 11:20 PM, said:

Here is how our conversation went.....

That is were the loons came in and what we are speaking of.. If you followed it properly first time, you would have noticed it..

AGAIN, who the bloody hell is saying those things?   So far I've got one person, the Straw Man.

#43    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

View PostYamato, on 18 January 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

AGAIN, who the bloody hell is saying those things?  

You read this..

Nibs

It was highlighted and put in bright color for you ......And you STILL don't get it  lol...  

So far I've got one person, the Straw Man.   

And you wear the poor bloke out every time   lol :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 18 January 2013 - 11:52 PM.

#44    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,378 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 18 January 2013 - 11:51 PM, said:

You read this..

It was highlighted and put in bright color for you ......And you STILL don't get it  lol...  

And you wear the poor bloke out every time   lol :P
I STILL don't get it alright.  I still don't know who you're talking about.   I haven't heard anyone use that kind of language.  Honestly, if that's the problem with this discussion, I don't think you have the foggiest idea who you have a problem with.   There are no people who lack brain cells and there are no loons.  There are people with enormous differences over what they think the role of government ought to be.  So long as we fight the tendency to centralize and federalize every single issue we have to deal with in society, there will still be a chance for both sides to get most of what they want.

I see you assigned the sound and logical middle ground for yourself, between these two straw extremes of nameless masses that you're throwing insults at, and so my question now becomes (that I now doubt will be answered):  What do you propose we do about this issue?    Talking about people is small-minded.  Let's talk ideas.

#45    Clyde the Glyde

Clyde the Glyde

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 18 January 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

I object to that. Here is my reason.... I live in a very rural location.  The local police is probably 20+ minutes away if I phone call them. Or more.  And then it is probably just a deputy sheriff.  I need the ability to defend myself, my family, and my property.

Am I a loon for wanting a 30 round mag for my AR-15 ?

Or should I defend my kids with a single shot, bolt action .22LR ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users