Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange weather system in the Gulf of Mexico

Macroramphosis

What I am curious about, if this turns out to be authentic, is how such a prominent system has failed to rate prominence or mention on your local weather reports. Two days of this should have been the big story wouldn't you think?

I don't know enough about your corner of the world to say anymore, any locals hear about this from their weather forecasters?

I´m with you on this one Libstack. Whenever ALL major media ignore a fairly interesting story (in this case a weather anomily) it not only makes me curious but also a little suspicious. Atmospheric River is plausible but this doesn´t seem to fit the normal pattern at least in my understanding.

• Like 1

Granted, they are amateur experts, but most do know what they're talking about, or they get called out by others who are, pretty fast.

Oracle~ There was a surface high that sat unmoved to the East of FL. That's wispy upper clouds you see move eastward, while the surface was stuck. It was a low on the end of the front & adjoining huge low to the north. I remember checking the sheer & thinking if that wasn't 60kt we'd have a storm. High completely block FL from it. Was a really warm one. I'm sure that helped feed it.
Edited by Raptor Witness

Texas needs some rain! :w00t:

Texas used to be a desert, I believe. Geographically, I'm surprised that it's not one now. If not for El Nino, I expect it would be again.
  • Like 1

Here` another abnomality on a radar screen that can`nt be explained.

http://www.news.com....i-1225848774377

What do you mean by "can't be explained?". It just was, interference. Have you ever seen interference in RF or optical systems?

Some think those fools at the Hadron Collidar are creating small black holes.

http://www.cnn.com/v...ticle-found.cnn

Eh, what would be the connection? Even if small, black holes are created, so what? Do you understand the physics behind those small, black holes and why they have no impact on anything?

Cheers,

Badeskov