Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Roman ceramic 'gaming pieces' were loo roll

gaming pieces roman ceramic fishbourne roman palace

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,779 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

Well guys, paper was not yet invented and papyrus and parchment too expensive to wipe your behind with... now evidently they had to do it with something, right?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#17    thewild

thewild

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Y HELLO THAR

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

I am sure that the stones worked fine because they used them through the Greek period through the Roman Empire They did have an awful lot of rocks laying around over there on those lands

Posted Image

#18    Erowin

Erowin

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

• This is incredibly silly!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Leaves are much softer! Why not forest vegetation? That wouldn't wipe you clean, it would scrape you clean :P

#19    Hartmut

Hartmut

-

• PipPip
  • 272 posts

• Without artists, the worlds would be - like a world without flowers and butterflies.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

Gee, were they all stupid?
Whats wrong with using pieces of cloth?
They could even be used several times, like baby nappies, if washed.

#20    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:15 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 26 January 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

That is one of the things I dislike about having to go to the States sometimes; they force you to use toilet paper.  A simple sprayer or of course one of the modern toilets that does it all from inside the bowl, or even a bidet, is much cleaner, doesn't require the destruction of trees, is much easier on the sewerage system and is more comfortable (especially for those with handicaps and the obese).

I provide toilet paper in my house for those who feel they need to dry themselves after spraying, but I think this unnecessary.

Hello, where it's the sprayer located if not in the toilet bowl?  Does it get sanitized after each use?  I can't imagine putting my panties back on  with a wet butt after spraying.  Sounds uncomfortable and not very sanitary.  

I'm not judging, just wondering because I'm American although no one forces me to use toilet paper, I have a choice and I choose to use it... ;)

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#21    chopmo

chopmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 342 posts

• aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

View PostErowin, on 29 January 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

Leaves are much softer! Why not forest vegetation? That wouldn't wipe you clean, it would scrape you clean :P

Would you have liked to be the first person to put poison ivy on your anus!

why is everyone so &^%$ing concerned with "the end"...
new beginnings is what you should be concerned about...

#22    Eihpospiritamer

Eihpospiritamer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Location:Your worst nightmares and your wildest dreams... 0.o

• She has me like a pices when I am weak. I've been locked inside your heart shaped box for weeks.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

" In a further humorous twist, it is thought that some Romans would have etched the names of people they didn't like on to a disk before using it."

b****y.

#23    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 01 February 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

Hello, where it's the sprayer located if not in the toilet bowl?
  Sometimes in the seat, sometimes on the side where you spray manually.

Does it get sanitized after each use?  I can't imagine putting my panties back on  with a wet butt after spraying.  Sounds uncomfortable and not very sanitary.
Obviously you don't understand; it's much more sanitary than putting things up your butt -- the only thing that touches you is fresh water.  Some of the more high-class units come with air driers, but I always saw that as wasting power.  It only takes a second or so and you are dry enough.

It is especially good for the obese and people with handicaps that prevent their reaching back there.  It also saves money and effort keeping the paper available, and is much less a strain on the sewage system.

#24    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 08 February 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

Sometimes in the seat, sometimes on the side where you spray manually.Obviously you don't understand; it's much more sanitary than putting things up your butt -- the only thing that touches you is fresh water.  Some of the more high-class units come with air driers, but I always saw that as wasting power.  It only takes a second or so and you are dry enough.

It is especially good for the obese and people with handicaps that prevent their reaching back there.  It also saves money and effort keeping the paper available, and is much less a strain on the sewage system.

Hmm thanks.

I've never seen one,.you're right about that.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#25    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

in the article it says that the romans had the most sophisticated toilets in the ancient world, with designs that were lost for hundreds of years after.
when skara brae was excavated in the 1920's, they found a toilet in every home, that was kept clean by a constant flow of running seawater that formed an extremely effective sewage disposal system. skara brae is over five thousand years old, and a MUCH better system than the roman one. after all, crapping through a hole into a pit isn't all that 'sophisticated'.
proof again the scots invented just about everything worth inventing.....

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#26    justcalmebubba

justcalmebubba

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 229 posts

• there are many things that bump along in the nite but there are sum of us that bump back

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

well i guess its safe to say  them with stinky ass is in b****y mood!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users