Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Anglers demand seal be shot

anglers fish seal river severn keith

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16    JasonPollock

JasonPollock

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 53 posts

• "Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?" - Ernest Gaines

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

View PostSakari, on 19 January 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

The Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation is the state agency responsible for managing fish and wildlife. The Wildlife Department receives no general state tax appropriations and is supported by hunting and fishing license fees and special taxes through the Wildlife & Sport Fish Restoration Program on sporting equipment and motorboat fuels paid by anglers, boaters hunters and recreational shooters.

Southwick Associates’ Rob Southwick notes that states must dedicate 100 percent of license revenues to fish and wildlife management or risk losing their share of federal fish and wildlife restoration excise tax revenues. In 2007, nearly $350 million was allocated for fisheries and $267 million for wildlife and hunter education.

No, I don't think you understand. I'm not talking about, and have never talked about, tax, money or license revenues. YOU brought that up. I couldn't care less about that - I'm saying to you when you kill something, you cannot also be at the same time 'saving it'. When you kill it, it is dead - it cannot come back to life. You cannot state that hunters/anglers are saving animals when they are killing them.

If you can still not figure it out let me know....

#17    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,753 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

View PostJasonPollock, on 19 January 2013 - 11:01 PM, said:

You cannot state that hunters/anglers are saving animals when they are killing them.

Over population, disease, loss of habitat, water trofts, over fishing......And many more. Are just a few examples of why legal and tracked hunting and fishing is what keeps these animals on our planet.

Without hunters and fisherman ( more on the hunters if you ask me ) Deer, Elk, Moose, Coyote, Bear, Antelope, etc. would die off do to over population.

Anglers are funding the Governing bodies that enforce the laws to stop over fishing, and also establish quota's allowed, both hunting and fishing on that.

So, without quoting a butt load of things, and giving links as sources, yes, hunters and anglers are helping keep the fish and animals alive, even by killing some of them.

Back to topic....Is that seal still alive?

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#18    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

Anglers fish for sport,probably because they got no attention from their dads as kids,or they are deficient in some other area.
Nothing to do with needing food,or there are too many fish.....they just get off on beating or killing , some poor defenseless animal ,with a brain the size of a blueberry ,to feel good about life .

Nuff said.

Miss me?

#19    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,753 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

wrong topic....deleted

Edited by Sakari, 20 January 2013 - 01:33 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#20    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

The same anglers that want cormorants, herons, anything else that lives on fish killed.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#21    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,749 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:24 AM

View PostSakari, on 20 January 2013 - 12:16 AM, said:

Over population, disease, loss of habitat, water trofts, over fishing......And many more. Are just a few examples of why legal and tracked hunting and fishing is what keeps these animals on our planet.

Without hunters and fisherman ( more on the hunters if you ask me ) Deer, Elk, Moose, Coyote, Bear, Antelope, etc. would die off do to over population.

Is that right?

Wow, good thing we have hunters and anglers saving all these species from extinction. Hooray for "wildlife management". It's also a good thing we have all these logging companies performing "forest management", or we'd have no trees either.

p.s. you forgot the all hard work trappers do to save the animals from extinction. Each year they trap around 4 million animals,

You guys rock! keep up the good work.

#22    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,753 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

View Postredhen, on 20 January 2013 - 03:24 AM, said:

Is that right?

Wow, good thing we have hunters and anglers saving all these species from extinction. Hooray for "wildlife management". It's also a good thing we have all these logging companies performing "forest management", or we'd have no trees either.

p.s. you forgot the all hard work trappers do to save the animals from extinction. Each year they trap around 4 million animals,

You guys rock! keep up the good work.

Georgia Pacific, Coos Bay.....Deck Saw Operator. Just started 2 weeks ago, it is putting food on my families table, and keeping a roof over our heads. Also took me off of the unemployment payroll, I was only on for 2 weeks. Do you use paper plates, or any other wood product?....I am willing to bet you do.

As for trapping, I can not stand that, never did, never will. I also see no need to hunt things like Cougar, Bear, or Coyote. Deer, Elk, Antelope, Rabbit, and upland Birds, sure. Duck, Goose, and Turkey. I did forget Wild Bore.....

And, as I say, " Ignorance is Bliss ".....

We have people around like this called C.A.V.E. people...........Citizens against virtually everything

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#23    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,749 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

View PostSakari, on 20 January 2013 - 04:07 AM, said:

Georgia Pacific, Coos Bay.....Deck Saw Operator. Just started 2 weeks ago, it is putting food on my families table, and keeping a roof over our heads. Also took me off of the unemployment payroll, I was only on for 2 weeks.

I did not claim that logging did not economic advantages for people.

Do you use paper plates, or any other wood product?....I am willing to bet you do.

That's a tu quoque (look who's talking) fallacy.

As for trapping, I can not stand that, never did, never will.

I'm sure that the trappers think that they are "managing" wildlife too, and without them these fur bearing mammal populations  would explode and cause grief.

I also see no need to hunt things like Cougar, Bear, or Coyote. Deer, Elk, Antelope, Rabbit, and upland Birds, sure. Duck, Goose, and Turkey. I did forget Wild Bore.....

What's your criteria for "harvesting" these animals? It seems arbitrary to me.

p.s.  I saw the link to your memorial for Sakari. I have no doubt you are a decent person. I just wish you could expand your circle of compassion to other species as well.

#24    dharma warrior

dharma warrior

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 226 posts

• "Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

They should release a polar bear into the river. He would make short work of that seal.

#25    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,753 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

View Postredhen, on 20 January 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

What's your criteria for "harvesting" these animals? It seems arbitrary to me.

p.s.  I saw the link to your memorial for Sakari. I have no doubt you are a decent person. I just wish you could expand your circle of compassion to other species as well.

My Criteria....No hunting of Predators. ..... When I used to hunt ( been 15 years now ) I hunted Chukar, Elk, and Deer. The only reason why, I enjoy the taste of Chukar, Venison, and Elk. I know plenty of people whom still hunt, and eat the same thing, because they enjoy the taste. Elk is far better then beef.

I have compassion for all creatures, every single one of them. Just because I fish, and I used to hunt, does not mean I do not have compassion, I did then also. I never enjoyed the fact that I killed something, although I understood and was thankful for the food they were providing.

Thanks on Sakari, she was a gift for sure.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users