Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Spookers' Haunted attraction, New Zealand

I want to see

Here is little ole New Zealand we have an attarction called 'Spookers' which is set up in the old Nurses home at what used to be a mental hospital, Kingseat. The place has always just looked fair weird.

http://www.spookers.co.nz/

It's in the middle of nowhere on the outer country areas of Auckland, old buildings and all and set amongst trees. You drive past it dauy or night and it fair gives you the willies. If they ever decide to film another take of 'Texas Chainsaw massacre' then this place is a gimme.

They have various attractions like the haunted house (the actual hospital), pathways through the forest, working your way through the cornfields and a maze. Actors roam the attractions dressed up as all manner of horrors and there are all of the appropriate scary noises that go with such things. Revolving walls, dispappearing doors, blood curdling screams and the odd clown that plainly isn't as friendly as he seems, are par for the course. Apparently by all reports these guys scare the s$%t out of you, repeatedly.

I have never been (Wife dearest would need psychriatic help after visiting there!) but have heard great raps about how scary it is. The setting is just perfect and if somewhere was genuinely haunted, then this would have pretty good reasons to have the odd spirit hanging around.

I haver a nephew who lives maybe 15 minutes away - I can feel a group organised and a visit coming up.

Personally, walking through the corn fields in the pitch black waiting for whatever monster or whatever to appear (knowing they are just actors probably doesn't count when you're out there all alone) sounds a lot like me!

Do you have anything similar in your area?

• Like 1

Nothing like that, although there are a few old abandoned buildings out the "back" of town that look like they may be haunted.

Nothing like that, its sounds like it would be fun. We have a old mansion built about the time of the civil war that is suppose to be haunted by Captain Leeper. The man was nuts.

If you want to get scared here you can take a walk through the woods at night with no flash light while the coyotes and mountain lions are out hunting.

There are a lot of haunted attractions (where actors jump out at you) in the U.S around Halloween. I've been to several haunted houses, corn mazes and forests in my state and they are so much fun. Some places really go all out on designing the sets, animatronics, costumes and makeup. In a few of the attactions I attended, the actors were allowed to touch and grab the people going through and those were by far the scariest. I love the adrenaline rush.

Edited by RavenEyes19

There is a 'gravity hill' in the area I used to live, that is also known for a spooky slaughterhouse and 'Hell's Gates", and there was always legend of an abandoned mental hospital past those gates, but of course we found it was all talk as me and my friends set out one day to find it. But it was fun.

Other than that, the Winchester Mystery House is somewhat nearby me.

If you want to get scared here you can take a walk through the woods at night with no flash light while the coyotes and mountain lions are out hunting.

I got pine forests where I live. We don't have anything as dangerous (because it's New Zealand, the only dangerous thing here are the people) but we do have wild pigs and some feral cattle, the latter of which I have encountered.

Apparently, feral cattle can be considered dangerous.

As soon as you mention 'old mental hospital' and Corn fields, it's game on!