Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

'Spookers' Haunted attraction, New Zealand

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    I want to see

I want to see

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Here is little ole New Zealand we have an attarction called 'Spookers' which is set up in the old Nurses home at what used to be a mental hospital, Kingseat. The place has always just looked fair weird.

http://www.spookers.co.nz/

It's in the middle of nowhere on the outer country areas of Auckland, old buildings and all and set amongst trees. You drive past it dauy or night and it fair gives you the willies. If they ever decide to film another take of 'Texas Chainsaw massacre' then this place is a gimme.

They have various attractions like the haunted house (the actual hospital), pathways through the forest, working your way through the cornfields and a maze. Actors roam the attractions dressed up as all manner of horrors and there are all of the appropriate scary noises that go with such things. Revolving walls, dispappearing doors, blood curdling screams and the odd clown that plainly isn't as friendly as he seems, are par for the course. Apparently by all reports these guys scare the s$%t out of you, repeatedly.

I have never been (Wife dearest would need psychriatic help after visiting there!) but have heard great raps about how scary it is. The setting is just perfect and if somewhere was genuinely haunted, then this would have pretty good reasons to have the odd spirit hanging around.

I haver a nephew who lives maybe 15 minutes away - I can feel a group organised and a visit coming up.

Personally, walking through the corn fields in the pitch black waiting for whatever monster or whatever to appear (knowing they are just actors probably doesn't count when you're out there all alone) sounds a lot like me!

Do you have anything similar in your area?

#2    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

• Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Nothing like that, although there are a few old abandoned buildings out the "back" of town that look like they may be haunted.

Signature removed - please see rule 3b.

#3    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,288 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

There's Waverly Hills Sanatorium in Louisville, Kentucky USA.   A former hospital that's supposedly haunted.  One day I might check this place out.

http://www.tripadvis...e_Kentucky.html

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,421 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

Nothing like that, its sounds like it would be fun.  We have a old mansion built about the time of the civil war that is suppose to be haunted by Captain Leeper.  The man was nuts.

If you want to get scared here you can take a walk through the woods at night with no flash light while the coyotes and mountain lions are out hunting.

#5    RavenEyes19

RavenEyes19

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

There are a lot of haunted attractions (where actors jump out at you) in the U.S around Halloween. I've been to several haunted houses, corn mazes and forests in my state and they are so much fun. Some places really go all out on designing the sets, animatronics, costumes and makeup. In a few of the attactions I attended, the actors were allowed to touch and grab the people going through  and those were by far the scariest. I love the adrenaline rush.

Edited by RavenEyes19, 19 January 2013 - 03:42 AM.

#6    _Only

_Only

• 6,593 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

There is a 'gravity hill' in the area I used to live, that is also known for a spooky slaughterhouse and 'Hell's Gates", and there was always legend of an abandoned mental hospital past those gates, but of course we found it was all talk as me and my friends set out one day to find it. But it was fun.

Other than that, the Winchester Mystery House is somewhat nearby me.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#7    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

• Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

View PostHilander, on 19 January 2013 - 03:12 AM, said:

If you want to get scared here you can take a walk through the woods at night with no flash light while the coyotes and mountain lions are out hunting.

I got pine forests where I live. We don't have anything as dangerous (because it's New Zealand, the only dangerous thing here are the people) but we do have wild pigs and some feral cattle, the latter of which I have encountered.

Apparently, feral cattle can be considered dangerous.

Signature removed - please see rule 3b.

#8    I want to see

I want to see

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

As soon as you mention 'old mental hospital' and Corn fields, it's game on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users