Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

19y old is making life hell for creationists

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#16    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

View PostCoffey, on 19 January 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

Surely if god was real he created evolution..... Hence why i don't get it. (If god is real he created everything... Which means all science is doing is showing how god did it. lol)

Both versions of the Creation in the Bible do not show any signs of the evolutionary process. Humans were created just as they are today (both times) and placed directly on Earth.

Evolution also contradicts Biblical stories like Noah's Ark in which every living thing on Earth was destroyed.

#17    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,050 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Good. Fairy tales don't belong in science classrooms.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#18    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

View Postscowl, on 21 January 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

Both versions of the Creation in the Bible do not show any signs of the evolutionary process. Humans were created just as they are today (both times) and placed directly on Earth.

Evolution also contradicts Biblical stories like Noah's Ark in which every living thing on Earth was destroyed.

I never said anything about the bible. God is mentioned in many scriptures not just the bible. The bible was written by humans, so there will obviously be human error.... Just like a lot of cases with science in the past.

Edited by Coffey, 21 January 2013 - 06:31 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#19    Doug1o29

Doug1o29

Telekinetic

• 6,898 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

View PostV0ID, on 19 January 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

Such nonsense! but still thats the way of science! like the old times when they were trying to make gold with copper & mercury.
Science has ways of detecting and fixing its mistakes.  Religion doesn't.  Science cleans itself.  Religion just perpetuates its own mess.

The Paradox of Evil is discussed in the Book of Job.  Religion still has no answer.

Augustine expounded upon the Just War in the early Fifth Century.  Religion still hasn't figured out that there is no such thing.

And the Pelagian Heresy (410 AD) was about whether there is such a thing as free will.  That issue still hasn't been settled.

We can speak of scientific progress.  There is no such thing as religious progress.
Doug

Edited by Doug1o29, 21 January 2013 - 09:29 PM.

If I have seen farther than other men, it is because I stood on the shoulders of giants. --Bernard de Chartres
The beginning of knowledge is the realization that one doesn't and cannot know everything.
Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance. --Hippocrates
Ignorance is not an opinion. --Adam Scott

#20    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

View PostCoffey, on 21 January 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

I never said anything about the bible. God is mentioned in many scriptures not just the bible. The bible was written by humans, so there will obviously be human error.... Just like a lot of cases with science in the past.

How true, man created all the religions and which versions of scrolls were cannonized and how their interpetations were passed down.  It takes alot of guts to tell God how God created all the different universes!

The way one thing comes into being is not necessarily how another being or world comes into existence. Man has proven that in a small way by clones a non sexual created life. Man in God's image can also create light through electricity etc.     

If you look at Genesis you see the natural process of evolution, energy and light, a consciousness that created from the void, the stars,  heavens, earth gets water and land, day and night of seasons,  fishes then higher forms of life come later. Consciousness of God created all the natural laws and all time and dimensions but is also above them.

As you would study an artist's work to know more about the artist, so we can study the sciences behind creation and the natural laws and "super natural" laws  to know the Creator who formed them.  We are the children meant to learn to live with each in peace and create as well as being the good custodians of all that is created.  Over time religions seem to fail in this message and a new "prophet" is sent whether in the name of God or a science.

People who close their minds in either direction- ultra pro a God that's misrepresentated in a tradition by others or ultra atheists who can deny a higher level of a creative and conscious being both show their ignorance.

Within and at the center there is a concious unification of truth and love which can over come all these  misperceptions.  Meanwhile we witness the crusades over and over until we learn to live with others who are searching for the same thing but don't realize it.

#21    The Id3al Experience

The Id3al Experience

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

• "Live with cause and leave results to the great law of the universe"

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

How do you teach creation?

Teacher: Ok students, Today we are going to learn about creation! Before anything exsisted, there was a word, and the word was god.... then god created us....

Ok, so know you know how we was created?

Any questions?

Student: Um Sir, how did god do it all?

Teacher: Well Simon, that is a good question.... God is all powerfull... thats how.

Student: Ummmmm, yeah but what powers made us?

Teacher: Look Simon, Do you ask how leonardo stroke his brush to create Mona Lisa? GOD DID IT, DO NOT QUESTION HOW...... HE JUST DID IT.

Student: ............

Watch this space

#22    sslama

sslama

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 98 posts

• Say what you mean and mean what you say....that way I know who you are and what you stand for!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

It's possible we were created but there isn't any proof yet.....so I don't see how it can be taught in public schools.  School are to teach you about science that is not moulded by religion doctrine.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."

#23    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

Turn off and throw away your computers all you believers in creationism! Computers are the work of science and therefore are EVIL!

Repent sinners, lest ye be cast into your hard drive for all eternity!

#24    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,369 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

Science has answered many questions except the most important ones- why can't we live in peace with each other?  Why do we kill, rape, torture and subjugate the weak?  The derision I see exhibited here toward the concept of a Creator God is a form of pride I think.  Pride that humans have come so far and don't need anything from anyone except to shut up and let us keep experimenting, we'll work it all out, thanks.  But the reality is that with the absolute EXPLOSION of knowledge we've experience over the past 70 years or so, mankind has only moved closer to the edge of annihilation.  Think not?  In 1945 we learned the secret that makes it possible for men to actually, physically destroy all life on this planet.  We have avoided that fate for a few decades but the world grows darker every day.  The hate in men's minds and souls is not conquered with knowledge, else we'd all be saints by now living in a Utopia of harmony.
Religion is NOT what I'm talking about.  I'm talking about the ability of the creation (us) to simply acknowledge that we ARE a creation and that the force which did the creating knows more about how we should live than we do - at least if we are to survive as a species and grow into the next level of evolution.  I believe the stories of apocalypse are the warning to us that not many will survive our arrogance and pride.  We will be given our own way - right up to the point where ALL life is about to be extincted from this blue planet but THEN it stops and the Creator will deal with those doing the destroying - whether in the name of religion OR science.  Bumpy ride ahead folks.  And I think it's in our lifetime.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#25    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,694 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

View Postand then, on 22 January 2013 - 04:16 AM, said:

We will be given our own way - right up to the point where ALL life is about to be extincted from this blue planet but THEN it stops and the Creator will deal with those doing the destroying - whether in the name of religion OR science.  Bumpy ride ahead folks.  And I think it's in our lifetime.
Only for so long you can sit and wait for others to fix your problems.

#26    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 4,032 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

View Postand then, on 22 January 2013 - 04:16 AM, said:

Science has answered many questions except the most important ones- why can't we live in peace with each other?  Why do we kill, rape, torture and subjugate the weak?  The derision I see exhibited here toward the concept of a Creator God is a form of pride I think.  Pride that humans have come so far and don't need anything from anyone except to shut up and let us keep experimenting, we'll work it all out, thanks.  But the reality is that with the absolute EXPLOSION of knowledge we've experience over the past 70 years or so, mankind has only moved closer to the edge of annihilation.  Think not?  In 1945 we learned the secret that makes it possible for men to actually, physically destroy all life on this planet.  We have avoided that fate for a few decades but the world grows darker every day.  The hate in men's minds and souls is not conquered with knowledge, else we'd all be saints by now living in a Utopia of harmony.
Religion is NOT what I'm talking about.  I'm talking about the ability of the creation (us) to simply acknowledge that we ARE a creation and that the force which did the creating knows more about how we should live than we do - at least if we are to survive as a species and grow into the next level of evolution.  I believe the stories of apocalypse are the warning to us that not many will survive our arrogance and pride.  We will be given our own way - right up to the point where ALL life is about to be extincted from this blue planet but THEN it stops and the Creator will deal with those doing the destroying - whether in the name of religion OR science.  Bumpy ride ahead folks.  And I think it's in our lifetime.

The problem with that is religion simple does not help with that. Each religion claim to speak for 'the creator' and they have been very capable of using that to make sure we can't live in peace. They have used that to kill, to torture, to rape and to subjugate the weak. And this is from people that claim we are a creation of some creator and claim to know what its thinking. So when you act like a belief in a creator is the cure to all world's ills and that belief is used right now, today to cause the very problem's you claim it solves it makes me extremely skeptical.

There's not enough evidence to suggest we WERE a creation at the moment. Sure, religious texts say we are, but when half of the stories taken as fact now are meant to make taken as symbolism well, it kinda shows off the possibility that its flawed. Youd need real, hard evidence that we were a creation outside of a religious text and that just isn't there now.

You know what the stories of the apocalypse are? Scaremonging. And they are NOT helpful in the slightest. Saying the world is going to end every five seconds isnt goig to help anyone or make things better. You know what it does? It either makes people panic, which makes them do stupid things or it makes people think you're crazy. Which again, is not helpful.

As Ryleh said above. We have to sort these problems out ourselves instead of sitting back and expecting god to come and sort it out for us. Otherwise nothing will get done and nothing will change. Worse is that I wouldn't put it past religious people to actively be making things worse in hopes pf speeding their apocalypse along so their god will come faster.

Edited by shadowhive, 22 January 2013 - 09:13 AM.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
We'll just keep on trying till we run out of cake
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#27    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

View PostWhite Unicorn, on 22 January 2013 - 01:25 AM, said:

How true, man created all the religions and which versions of scrolls were cannonized and how their interpetations were passed down.  It takes alot of guts to tell God how God created all the different universes!

The way one thing comes into being is not necessarily how another being or world comes into existence. Man has proven that in a small way by clones a non sexual created life. Man in God's image can also create light through electricity etc.

If you look at Genesis you see the natural process of evolution, energy and light, a consciousness that created from the void, the stars,  heavens, earth gets water and land, day and night of seasons,  fishes then higher forms of life come later. Consciousness of God created all the natural laws and all time and dimensions but is also above them.

As you would study an artist's work to know more about the artist, so we can study the sciences behind creation and the natural laws and "super natural" laws  to know the Creator who formed them.  We are the children meant to learn to live with each in peace and create as well as being the good custodians of all that is created.  Over time religions seem to fail in this message and a new "prophet" is sent whether in the name of God or a science.

People who close their minds in either direction- ultra pro a God that's misrepresentated in a tradition by others or ultra atheists who can deny a higher level of a creative and conscious being both show their ignorance.

Within and at the center there is a concious unification of truth and love which can over come all these  misperceptions.  Meanwhile we witness the crusades over and over until we learn to live with others who are searching for the same thing but don't realize it.

Exactly, you are well educated on the subject. :tu:

Makes me laugh how people are "skeptics" or try to act intelligent on forums and bash religions etc don't actually know anything about them. lol

They just quote textbook science or quote actual scientists. lol

The funny thing is that all the great scientists would be laughed at in todays world and called conspiracy theorists or quacks if they tried to work in new fields pushing the human race forward. In my opinion it's why our technology and discoveries have slowed. I know there is new discoveries everyday, but not on the same large scale and i don't need a scientist testing on  dogs to discover they have feelings either. I've known that most of my life from living.

Tesla and Einstein would have been classed as crazy in todays world.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#28    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 6,140 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

Video from the article:

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#29    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,369 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 22 January 2013 - 05:13 AM, said:

Only for so long you can sit and wait for others to fix your problems.
Is that what you took from my statement?  You can't get past your bias on me to even read what I say.  I deal with my personal issues and my life choices the way most adults do.  My comments are about humanity at large.  If you spent less time being negative about me personally, you might see that.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#30    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,694 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

View Postand then, on 22 January 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

Is that what you took from my statement?  You can't get past your bias on me to even read what I say.  I deal with my personal issues and my life choices the way most adults do.  My comments are about humanity at large.  If you spent less time being negative about me personally, you might see that.
I read what you said, doesn't change my response. You want your deity to come and solve humanity's problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users