Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Best evidence for ET visitation - 4th edition

• Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

#106    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,534 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 24 January 2013 - 06:38 AM, said:

Ah, the BE thread has risen once again from the ashes.  Congrats to your success Hazzard!  So many good times here.  So much study.  So much learning.

It is with great regret that I say my farewells.  I just don't feel at home here anymore.  Most of my memories of this place are filled with great camaraderie, stimulating discussions, and thoughtful investigations.  So many articles, so many videos, so many threads, so much research, so much time effort and energy.  It has been a great experience overall.  Sad that I take my leave over something completely stupid, but it is what it is.

Take care all.  I'll check back in periodically if I don't end up getting banned.  And if I do get banned, oh well.  I've found new ground.  Anyone who wants to reach me can.  People have the contact information.

Cheers.

BooNy,

What the h...? I am going to miss your inputs around here.

Take care!

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#107    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,268 posts

• I know someday
    you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a sun
    In somebody else's sky
    But why can't it be mine? -Pearl Jam

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

A lot of members come and go though some leave a lasting impression. Boony was one of them. I'll miss his input around here too and I hope he at least remembers us and drops by on occasion.

A lot of good members have left recently, one way or another... :hmm:

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#108    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,762 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

Boon!!

Posted Image

This is not good news. :no:

Hope you will be back some day.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#109    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

What the hell, BooN..... :cry:  If you are going to another forum Im with you brow!!!

Seriously..... Hope everything is ok.

Miss you I will.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#110    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,904 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Its an old forum ploy Boon`s going to get the hype in here build a case ,then hit back like Lighting ! Ive seen this trick ! He`s watching us all ! :alien:

This is a Work in Progress!

#111    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,534 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:31 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 24 January 2013 - 07:32 PM, said:

A lot of members come and go though some leave a lasting impression. Boony was one of them. I'll miss his input around here too and I hope he at least remembers us and drops by on occasion.

A lot of good members have left recently, one way or another... :hmm:

Aye, well said S2F.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#112    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

Any idea why he left... say, instead of just taking a 2 months vacation?

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#113    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,268 posts

• I know someday
    I know you'll be a sun
    In somebody else's sky

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

View PostDBunker, on 25 January 2013 - 04:07 AM, said:

Any idea why he left... say, instead of just taking a 2 months vacation?

I believe it was over a disagreement with a Mod or two, I am unsure of the details though. Anyone know what booN meant by 'new ground'? Some other site, or an entirely different hobby? I'd like to know where he went to, just to check it out myself. I know he was on ATS for a bit during his 'hiatus' however he hasn't posted there in a while. I think the woo woo was even more than what we see around here and one can only take so much of that before needing to buy a new monitor after cleaning the old one up off the floor. ^_^

Edited by Slave2Fate, 25 January 2013 - 04:13 AM.

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#114    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,534 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 25 January 2013 - 04:10 AM, said:

I believe it was over a disagreement with a Mod or two, I am unsure of the details though. Anyone know what booN meant by 'new ground'? Some other site, or an entirely different hobby? I'd like to know where he went to, just to check it out myself. I know he was on ATS for a bit during his 'hiatus' however he hasn't posted there in a while. I think the woo woo was even more than what we see around here and one can only take so much of that before needing to buy a new monitor after cleaning the old one up off the floor. ^_^

I have no idea where he went off to, but I do hope that he will lurk around here and in the end change his mind. A disagreement with a mod or two shouldn't be enough to make him leave, I would think. But I would like to know where he buggered off to as well, if anybody knows.

As the old (danish) saying goes: "it's no shame to leave a bar if you are kicked out." :P

Cheers,
Badeskov

#115    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,268 posts

• I know someday
    I know you'll be a sun
    In somebody else's sky

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 25 January 2013 - 04:19 AM, said:

I have no idea where he went off to, but I do hope that he will lurk around here and in the end change his mind. A disagreement with a mod or two shouldn't be enough to make him leave, I would think. But I would like to know where he buggered off to as well, if anybody knows.

As the old (danish) saying goes: "it's no shame to leave a bar if you are kicked out." :P

Cheers,
Badeskov

Aye, I've been 'forcibly removed' from a bar or two in my younger days, sometimes two or three times in a night. :devil:

Those tales are best left for discussions of glory days and a not-so-family-friendly environment though. :P

#116    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,534 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 25 January 2013 - 04:24 AM, said:

Aye, I've been 'forcibly removed' from a bar or two in my younger days, sometimes two or three times in a night. :devil:

Those tales are best left for discussions of glory days and a not-so-family-friendly environment though. :P

Indeed they are, indeed they are - good memories :P

Cheers,
Badeskov

#117    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,762 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:41 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 25 January 2013 - 04:10 AM, said:

Understandable,... seems odd that he was banned though, I never seen him do anything "bad" to anyone. He is almost as nice as Badeskov. ;) Let us know if anyone know where he went.

Back on topic, anyone. :tu:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#118    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,743 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

View PostHazzard, on 24 January 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

Boon!!

Posted Image

This is not good news. :no:

Hope you will be back some day.

I second that notion... What the?.....

I don't have his contact details...

Edited by Paxus, 25 January 2013 - 06:06 AM.

#119    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,762 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 24 January 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

This is another of those stories that I love for the sheer wierdness of it. I'd love to know what the standard Rational Explanation is for this one.
*waits patiently*

Lets do some digging and see what turns up. For and against. :tu:

#120    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 37,226 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

View PostSweetpumper, on 24 January 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

Mass hallucination.

Such nonsense. Everyone knows they were Gremlins.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users