Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Best evidence for ET visitation - 4th edition

• Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

#136    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,758 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

UFO hall of shame - http://www.ufowatchd...ll_of_shame.htm

Be aware if any one of these guys are trying to sell you something.

Edited by Hazzard, 25 January 2013 - 07:12 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#137    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,580 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

View PostHazzard, on 25 January 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

UFO hall of shame - http://www.ufowatchd...ll_of_shame.htm

Be aware if any one of these guys are trying to sell you something.

I still haven't figured out why good, ole Friedman isn't on that list as well, but rather in the Hall of Fame. Mind boggling to say the least.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#138    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Fat and complacent

• 25,913 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

They do seem to be generous to mr. Friedman.
"Nuclear Physicist, Noted Roswell UFO Investigator, "Father of Roswell"
Discovered Roswell UFO case in 1978, a fearless proponent of UFOs, has often made fools of many skeptics in UFO debates. Veteran UFO investigator who termed the phrase 'Cosmic Watergate'. Friedman uses science and common sense in his investigations. You don't have to be sensationalistic when you have as much class as Friedman.-RMIII
Friedman has traditionally been a 'Nuts & Bolts' guy in favor of the ETH-The Extra Terrestrial Hypothesis that states UFOs are physical alien spaceships from other stars. Only recently has he acknowledged the possibility of an inter-dimensional aspect to the phenomenon.
Friedman is also heavily involved in the Majestic 12 Documents issue. Although he was first to decry some of them as hoaxes, he has steadfastly adhered to the view that some of them are real and that they represent a real committee and that there is a US government cover up of events at Roswell in 1947."
:unsure2:

They say "Coming Soon!" in green for a lot of them, but as it doesn't seem to have been update since 2009 we seem to have a while to wait. :(

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#139    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

Friedman pretty much "invented" the Roswell legend..... just like Charles Blitz "invented" the Bermuda triangle myth.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#140    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,333 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:50 AM

Waht will be ,will be ! E.T or not ! I would start fingering our where your next drop of water is going to come from,and Whom`s going to Use a AR-15 on you to get it !

This is a Work in Progress!

#141    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

Another thread of crap responses by clueless people.

#142    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

20150328 (not ever banned)

• 3,550 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

topsecretresearch, I politely asked you to properly CITE this post.

Are you refusing to do so?

Edited by Chrlzs, 26 January 2013 - 05:23 AM.

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - ChrLzs

#143    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,081 posts

• I know someday
    you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a sun
    In somebody else's sky
    But why can't it be mine? -Pearl Jam

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:18 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 26 January 2013 - 05:11 AM, said:

If you were expecting a pat on the back for shoveling drivel then yes, I can see why you would feel that way.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#144    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,580 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

Yeah, we have noticed - but that is what you seem to excel in. Mindlessly posting drivel....

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#145    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Fat and complacent

• 25,913 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

As opposed to posting random and seemingly unrelated pictures, with no attempt at all to put any context on them and explain what you might be trying to suggest?

Edited by Lord Vetinari, 26 January 2013 - 11:01 AM.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#146    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Fat and complacent

• 25,913 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 25 January 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

Back on task though...

Owls? That seems like one of those 'outlandish' explanations that the believers always blame the skeptics for. Although it does seem to fit the descriptions fairly well I have a bit of a hard time thinking that at least one person wouldn't notice wings? The report stated that there were no exterior lights so that could be a factor too though what about any sounds? I would think some uppity owls would at least make some kind of describable noise? Surely an odd case though I don't have anything to rebut the owl angle with.
Hold the front page! This story just today! http://travel.aol.co...ttack-scotland/

See, they can be tricky blighters, Owls.

* That story is rich in symbolism in itself, isn't it; John Mackay, 58, from Inverness-shire, was heading towards a masonic club with his friends on Saturday, when the two-foot-high eagle owl attacked, and he woke up on the floor with blood pouring from his head.

A Masonic club? And we know all about the Illuminati and their giant Owl, don't we. There's got to be some deep meaningfulness there. :unsure2:

H. P. Lovecraft.

#147    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,758 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

How does a given witness transform the prosaic into the miraculous? What are the psychological processes operating in a normal person by which this transmutation is to be accomplished?

Why We See Things That Aren’t Really There - http://www.csicop.or...he_unexplained/

Edited by Hazzard, 26 January 2013 - 03:11 PM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#148    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,758 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

View PostDBunker, on 25 January 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

Friedman pretty much "invented" the Roswell legend..... just like Charles Blitz "invented" the Bermuda triangle myth.

Making money off the gullible has never been a problem. http://www.jimwillia...latanSample.htm

#149    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,699 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Well, the 1993 Cossford triangle case then - oh wait... i think that's a man made (prob US) vehicle like TR 3B...

This isn't easy! Sorry Hazz

#150    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Fat and complacent

• 25,913 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostPaxus, on 26 January 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

Well, the 1993 Cossford triangle case then - oh wait... i think that's a man made (prob US) vehicle like TR 3B...

This isn't easy! Sorry Hazz
I doubt that very much. Cosford isn't exactly Area 51; it hasn't been an operational base for a good few years, it's right next to a Railway station, and and in fact it houses a branch of the RAF Museum, so it's fairly publicly accessible. http://en.wikipedia....iki/RAF_Cosford Although fans of war movies may be rather excited to see that it is currently the base of 633 Squadron: No 633 Volunteer Gliding Squadron, at any rate.

H. P. Lovecraft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users