Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Best evidence for ET visitation - 4th edition

• Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

#346    notforgotten

notforgotten

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

• The educated lie can be the most deceiving...gullible people believe them without question.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

I've had personal encounters with aliens and have witnessed some of their work. To me, questioning their existence is just ridiculous.

#347    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

View Postnotforgotten, on 06 April 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

I've had personal encounters with aliens and have witnessed some of their work. To me, questioning their existence is just ridiculous.

And for anyone who has not shared that experience to take your word for it is equally ridiculous.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#348    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,066 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

Personal encounters in what way? And you didnt think to take a camera? Or gather any 'trinket' of evidence whatsoever? And what work have you witnessed them doing?  ... Its normal for you is it, to meet aliens?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#349    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

This is interesting,... please tell me all about it. What "work",... where was this, when was this, did anyone else see them, etc,...?

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#350    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:11 AM

Where these actual aliens that you witnessed, or were they in fact the demons that you posted about elsewhere?

#351    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

View PosttheSOURCE, on 07 April 2013 - 02:11 AM, said:

Where these actual aliens that you witnessed, or were they in fact the demons that you posted about elsewhere?

Or, maybe we are living in a Matrix type of reality, and all these paranormal phenomenon are glitches in the software??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#352    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

View PostHazzard, on 07 April 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

Or, maybe we are living in a Matrix type of reality, and all these paranormal phenomenon are glitches in the software??

If reality indeed was a movie, THAT is the one I would pick...... You??

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#353    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,852 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

notforgotten did this work involve drugs,and mind melting? just asking? :tu:
justDONTEATUS

This is a Work in Progress!

#354    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,600 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

Posted Image

#355    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

View PostDBunker, on 07 April 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

If reality indeed was a movie, THAT is the one I would pick...... You??

I would pick this one.

Posted Image

#356    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,852 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:51 AM

Which one is that Hazzard? My best pick would be "Mars Attacks"

This is a Work in Progress!

#357    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,405 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:05 AM

View Postmcrom901, on 05 April 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

@psyche.. i googled about that article and 'bio-complexity' and came across this... http://sensuouscurmu...gns-wow-signal/ which i believe is the source of the info which you mentioned... but that write-up is regarding the following article... http://www.evolution...l_of069941.html so, just to clarify i don't think that the actual authors of the published work from kazakhstan have any affiliation to the discovery institute... anyway, i would like to see what other scientists have got to say on all this.... here is an interesting comment about the non-randomness... http://www.reddit.co...l_genetic_code/ but would the reviewers from icarus miss that? idk... cheers

Gidday Mate

Yes I did see that link, but as you say, mostly deals with that other IDN site, and the comments made there regarding the way the article is touted, however, it's strong support did indeed lead me to Google who had peer reviewed the articles, which is why I only spoke of the aspect concerning "the message" and indeed Icarus is a noted Journal, however, they do deal with cutting edge, and I figure that is how this slipped through the net. Reading your link (Thank you) I see that this is pretty much how I would also describe the paper, the section Algebraic representation of the signal seems to pretty much admit that many options can be entertained.

Cheers.

Edited by psyche101, 08 April 2013 - 02:06 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#358    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,405 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:10 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 06 April 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

i don't know, don't forget that there was a very fine line between "legitimate" science and all those things that Rational people now consign to the category of "bunkum". How fine a line there was between alchemists & numerololoogists and "legitimate" scientists in people like Paracelsus, John Dee, Francis Bacon and so on.Not to mention the Islamic alcehmists during the "dark Ages" who more or less kept learning & science going after the Roman empire collapsed. There was essentially no distinction drawn between Astrology and Astronomy until the Enlighthenment. I wonder how many great scientific discoveries would never have been made, or never have been taken seriously, if there'd always been these rigid division between Cranks & Loons and Legitimate Science.

I do not see that it would change drastically. Whsilt many snake oil salesmen might have managed a leg up with little challenge until recent times, repeatability is stil the most valuable commodity. Today that is policed by peer review. There is no "fine line" at all, it is more like a major dam wall. One can make claims and say what they imagine, the other has to pass a strict regime. The Homo Florensis debate is testament to this.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#359    notforgotten

notforgotten

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

• The educated lie can be the most deceiving...gullible people believe them without question.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:42 AM

View PostHazzard, on 06 April 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

This is interesting,... please tell me all about it. What "work",... where was this, when was this, did anyone else see them, etc,...?
Here's the link to the OP I posted some time ago:

http://www.unexplain...topic=240712=

I've had, what I believe to be some extraordinary experiences with aliens. Also, the night of the third experience my wife felt something pulling on her legs.

Edited by notforgotten, 08 April 2013 - 04:52 AM.

#360    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,825 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:56 AM

View PostHazzard, on 07 April 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

I would pick this one.

Posted Image
I wish my browser worked properly so I could see what that was rather than just a little red x.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users