Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

flatwood

MissJatti

what do you think the flatwood monster really is, if it was not imagined??

apparently this is what the flatwoods monster looks like by eye witness accounts, depicted by the history channel program monster quest.

I have attached the pic in the reply

This is the Flatwoods Monster according to Wiki:

flatwoods.png

what do you think the flatwood monster really is, if it was not imagined??

If not imagined, I'd say it resembles the Ace of Spades in a skirt...

• Like 3

ok, it seems like the plausible explanation of the flatwoods monster could may well be an owl....................................BUT!!! what the bloody hell is the thing, in the picture I posted above, that the monster quest depicted

A bunch of kids and their mom, fueled by the cold war era space stories, see and owl, and lose their ****.

• Like 1

ok, it seems like the plausible explanation of the flatwoods monster could may well be an owl....................................BUT!!! what the bloody hell is the thing, in the picture I posted above, that the monster quest depicted

the results of on over active imagination and an adreneline rush brought on by being scared... by those that supposedly saw the creature/monster.. im sure they believe they saw what they did.. but i question the accuracy of the eyewitness accounts based on the former statement

Edited by Overdueleaf

Can't really say for certain. There were many eyewitnesses so I take it more seriously than cases with a single witness. It apparently didn't like Earth, because it hasn't been seen since. So I would classify it as unknown strangeness, like Mothman, the Dover Demon, etc.

Some guy wrote a book but his website is hard to read. (It needs a web designer): http://www.flatwoodsmonster.com

I do like the action figures a toymaker came up with. (Monster pictured with friend Mothman).

653.jpg

Generally, I am with the Owl theory. And like Mothman, there was not an extended period of time over which the thing was seen. So the number of reports is low and the number of eyewitnesses few.

Personnally to me it has always looked like a robot. If there were any proof of ETs, I'd go with ET Robot first thing.

flatwoods-01.jpg

Edited by DieChecker

The thing I've always found interesting about the whole Mothman thing was no one mentioned it, reported it or said anything about it until after that bridge collapsed in West Virginia. Then suddenly we had all this stuff come out like a good pooh after taking a laxative.

The thing I've always found interesting about the whole Mothman thing was no one mentioned it, reported it or said anything about it until after that bridge collapsed in West Virginia. Then suddenly we had all this stuff come out like a good pooh after taking a laxative.

As I stated before, I spent twenty years living within an hour of Point Pleasant and never heard one conversation about the Mothman, but I did hear conversations about the bridge collapse. Multiple deaths in your area tend to trump myth unless you're under a certain age, imo.

In fact, my West Virginian husband just reminded me we used to fish and camp along the river there with friends when we were dating.

No mothman visit, not once, And not one story of it told around the campfire with a bunch of "locals", either.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Flatwoods Monster to me sounds exactly like something Lovecraft would've come up with.

in fact, kind of reminds me of these buggers... Great Race of Yith.... A little.....

Yithian2.jpg

Edited by Urisk

Monsters keep competitors away from your still, hikers out of your pot patch, poachers off your land and the kids in bed at night...lol

Goodnight, JohnBoy (he never did climb out a window did he?)

• Like 1

The Flatwoods Monster to me sounds exactly like something Lovecraft would've come up with.

in fact, kind of reminds me of these buggers... Great Race of Yith.... A little.....

Yithian2.jpg

Perhaps, but they were native to Australia.

• Like 1

They were "discovered" in Australia, but I'm sure they existed at a time when the landmasses were all together. It's been a few years now since I read TSOOT but I don't recall if they were limited to just one city?

Anyway it's just a story :unsure2: ..... :innocent: