Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Heaven and Hell

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1    SarahAvery

SarahAvery

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

What do you think is Heaven and Hell? Do you think that Heaven is a kingdom in the sky, kind of like it is projected to be in the Bible. Or do you think heaven is the place you were the happiest on earth? or do you have a different ideal on what it is? Same for Hell, do you think it is this fiery place below the earth or do you think that maybe just maybe it is being stuck something or someone you don't like here on earth? Whats your opinion, this is just my thoughts on this. I am not  saying that the Christian Bible is right or wrong, just curious on what you believe. Maybe you don't believe in a Hell, or maybe you believe something different. Just curious.

#2    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,165 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Mythological places.

#3    SarahAvery

SarahAvery

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 20 January 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

Mythological places.

what do you mean?

#4    Pupp3t

Pupp3t

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

• "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds", verse 32 from chapter 11 of the Bhagavad Gita.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

My mind can drift into the seas of 'open-mindedness', so I have no actual explanation for these two places.
Hell can be what we experience right now, with its unfairness and misery. It can become Purgatory as we continue to press on, Life seemingly becoming better. Paradise would finally be where our lives are at their greatest. If you're life is still miserable, however, you haven't done specific things yet. Losing your ego would be one, sharing would be another, and etc.
  Maybe those two places DO exist, but in different dimensions. Maybe they really are below/above us, although we have surpassed the skies multiple times. We haven't seen any castles made out of shining bricks. The core could be Hell, seeing that it's hellishly hot. (Hahaha no.)

#5    _Only

_Only

• 6,632 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

I strongly believe heaven and hell are states of mind; the stories mentioning it being symbolic representations of the state of a being. I can visit the same exact place at any given time, and on one visit it will be a miserable place, and another it will be the most wonderful place. The place remained the same; only my mind was different.

Edited by _Only, 20 January 2013 - 04:46 PM.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#6    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,917 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:26 AM

Heaven is the place where God will be when the End comes.  Hell (if it is proper to call it that) is a place or state of being where God is not.  And since God is the giver of life, I would argue that "hell" is nothing more than eternal death.  Beyond this, I cannot really give more detail on heaven and hell - for me as a Christian, knowing that heaven is where God is, that's enough for me to take joy.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#7    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,293 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:59 AM

View PostParanoid Android, on 21 January 2013 - 05:26 AM, said:

Heaven is the place where God will be when the End comes.  Hell (if it is proper to call it that) is a place or state of being where God is not.  And since God is the giver of life, I would argue that "hell" is nothing more than eternal death.  Beyond this, I cannot really give more detail on heaven and hell - for me as a Christian, knowing that heaven is where God is, that's enough for me to take joy.

Yeah, "the secret things belong to God" as is written.

#8    shadowlark

shadowlark

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 20 January 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

Mythological places.

View PostSarahAvery, on 20 January 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

what do you mean?

Pretty self-explanatory, isn't it?

#9    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,165 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

View PostSarahAvery, on 20 January 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

what do you mean?
Fictional places that represent ideas, beliefs, and wishful thinking.

#10    chhavi150

chhavi150

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

Heaven is a place God will take us to at the End, after the destruction of this old world takes place. And it is soon going to happen, we believe it or not. I got a clear understanding of heaven and hell, of God and his arrival from the BKWSU (Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University).

#11    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Heaven and Hell are made up places in my opinion. There's no proof of their actual existence. Describing a place or an emotion or even a person as 'heaven' or 'hell' is about the closest I'd come to saying they exist. If it helps you sleep at night that good people get rewarded and evil people get punished in the end, go for it, just don't let it muddle your common sense.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#12    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,777 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Being a Pagan, I ascribe more to reincarnation.  Reward and punishment implies a conscious Universe and I am not sure about that.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#13    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:15 AM

There could be a heaven and a hell. I think when we die we either go to a happy place.
Or get reborn

#14    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

The 'Eternal Death' idea of Hell is my Heaven...if god let's me, I'll choose that; non-existentance/eternal oblivion.

Feeling nothing and being unaware of anything is amazing. How do I know? because I've been in a dreamless sleep many times.

Edited by Sean93, 22 January 2013 - 04:40 PM.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#15    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Heaven is paradise. It comes from the Persian word for garden.

Hell, well there is more than one hell mentioned in the Bible if this is where you are getting it from, which one did you mean? They might all be written "hell" in English but there are different original words if you look into it. Gehenna, Hades?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users