Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Martian Crater May Once Have Held Lake

mars mars reconnaissance orbiter mro nasa

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,666 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

Does the revelation that mars currently or in the past supports life really surprise anyone?  Not me.

#17    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,666 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostEonwe, on 22 January 2013 - 07:25 AM, said:

Even if there isn't life there now, this is certainly an exciting time to be alive.

Who knows what we'll know about Mars 50 years from now?
Who knows what they really know now?

#18    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,662 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

View PostOverSword, on 22 January 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

Who knows what they really know now?

In reality? No one.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#19    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,588 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

Sounds like a song in the making ! :tu: :whistle:

This is a Work in Progress!

#20    MedicTJ

MedicTJ

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:01 AM

We have had the technology to determine whether or not there is now, or has been in the past, life on Mars....for the past 50 years.

It's laughable when scientists say that with the new space-based telescopes...that they will be able to say for certain that there is life on a planet light years away....but they can't say for certain regarding a planet they've landed on several times?

Regardless of what you believe, NASA knows the answer already.  It's their funding that fuels the entire thing.

If I owned a private space-faring company, I'd milk it for all it was worth to gain your money in support of finding life....EVEN IF I knew it was already present.  That's just smart and savvy business sense.

And we're now at the point to where people are starting to question why so much money is being spent on space exploration and, in particular, the exploration of Mars.

Guess what's next?  What would YOU say if you were in THEIR shoes?

"We think we have evidence for past life..........but we're gonna need another $100 billion to find out...."

Gimme a friggin' break.  If they can determine if life is present through spectroscopy on a damn world 15 light years away, then they surely can't when they take our money to send lander after lander to a world that's cosmically in our own back yard.

Dr. Phil says that marriage is hard work.

I say....if marriage is hard work, you're doing it wrong.  Love is not work.  Love is eternal.

http://www.reverbnat...om/tjflickinger

#21    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,065 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

View PostMedicTJ, on 23 January 2013 - 04:01 AM, said:

We have had the technology to determine whether or not there is now, or has been in the past, life on Mars....for the past 50 years.

It's laughable when scientists say that with the new space-based telescopes...that they will be able to say for certain that there is life on a planet light years away....but they can't say for certain regarding a planet they've landed on several times?

Regardless of what you believe, NASA knows the answer already.  It's their funding that fuels the entire thing.

If I owned a private space-faring company, I'd milk it for all it was worth to gain your money in support of finding life....EVEN IF I knew it was already present.  That's just smart and savvy business sense.

And we're now at the point to where people are starting to question why so much money is being spent on space exploration and, in particular, the exploration of Mars.

Guess what's next?  What would YOU say if you were in THEIR shoes?

"We think we have evidence for past life..........but we're gonna need another $100 billion to find out...."

Gimme a friggin' break.  If they can determine if life is present through spectroscopy on a damn world 15 light years away, then they surely can't when they take our money to send lander after lander to a world that's cosmically in our own back yard.

I don;t know where you got the idea from that they can determine whether life exists on planets 15 light years away. What they CAN determine is whether the conditions on that far away planet could make the existence of life 'as we know it' possible.

Also tagged with mars, mars reconnaissance orbiter, mro, nasa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users