Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Resident Evil 6

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,736 posts

• With great power, comes great irresponsibility.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 23 January 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

Yeah  the 1-5 were extremely good, I kind of dont like that they strayed from the horror aspect of the game also. Its like I know they were trying new things but they just now added in where you can move the same time as your shooting. I mean thats been a basic of first person shooters for as long as I can remember... But Ill maybe pick it up if I see on sale somewhere.  Iv been having a really fun time playing Borderlands 2 which is excellent in my opinion.

I have good news man!  Looks like another new RE game is coming to 360/PS3. It's a port of the 3DS RE game, but that game was fantastic!  Definitely going to pick this up for the xbox. Check it out:

http://www.maxconsol...0000019695.html

Edited by WoIverine, 23 January 2013 - 08:29 PM.

#17    F3SS

F3SS

Her name is Jodi :)

• 7,560 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

How can anyone say that they loved RE4 & 5? 4 was not only the best RE but one of the best games ever made. The weapon upgrades, the challenges, the mood and overall gameplay. The extras at the end were great. Needless to say I was pumped about 5. RE5 was graphically great but a mediocre game. Gone were any real challenges, puzzles or exploration. It was nearly a straight and narrow corridor game where you just had to keep plugging down a given path with no alternate routes and if you died you just tried again. I found it boring and honestly didn't finish it but was probably close. I've played them all from the start and 4 is my gold standard. So if 6 is like 5 and nothing like 4, well I had 6 in my hands but chose to pass. I just heard it blew. But that's an opinion. Anyone feel like I do about 4 and 5 and tried 6 and like it?

Posted Image

#18    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,736 posts

• With great power, comes great irresponsibility.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 23 January 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

How can anyone say that they loved RE4 & 5? 4 was not only the best RE but one of the best games ever made. The weapon upgrades, the challenges, the mood and overall gameplay. The extras at the end were great. Needless to say I was pumped about 5. RE5 was graphically great but a mediocre game. Gone were any real challenges, puzzles or exploration. It was nearly a straight and narrow corridor game where you just had to keep plugging down a given path with no alternate routes and if you died you just tried again. I found it boring and honestly didn't finish it but was probably close. I've played them all from the start and 4 is my gold standard. So if 6 is like 5 and nothing like 4, well I had 6 in my hands but chose to pass. I just heard it blew. But that's an opinion. Anyone feel like I do about 4 and 5 and tried 6 and like it?

Yep, pretty much man. 4 > 5 > 6, that about sums it up. I liked 5 because I had a coop friend to play it with, which was better. Solo campaign probably wouldn't be so appealing though. Revelations is really good though from what I hear.

Edited by WoIverine, 23 January 2013 - 09:29 PM.

#19    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

Not been a fan of RE for a long time, not since the PS2 days and back then I preferred Silent Hill.

For my Zombie/horror type needs I usually play stuff like Killing floor and Dead Island.

View PostExpandMyMind, on 20 January 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

I'm not sure about RE6, but I've heard the Dead Space games blow the series out of the water.

My mate plays Dead space and said it is the best horror game franchise he has ever played.

I played the demo and that was pretty good alone. lol

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#20    mypaddedroom

mypaddedroom

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,429 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

View PostKipperphoenix, on 22 January 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

Resident Evil 6 is about as long as RE4 and it's definitely longer than RE5. If you think about it, Capcom basically gave us 4 games for the price of one. Each campaign lasts about 5-8 hours and that's how long a typical game now-a-days lasts, which is unfortunate. You times that by 4 and you easily get a 20+ hour game and that doesn't include going back and getting collectibles and playing Mercenaries. Capcom definitely went the extra mile with RE6.

Maybe I'm just very anti about the new game. I really think 5 was longer, but I would think I'm just being difficult until I read many reviews about the game also seems others agree with me on it. I don't know to me it's very blahh.

#21    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

Expert Procrastinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

• I make blog entries with stupid jokes and post them to the internet.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

View PostNemoMysterio, on 23 January 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

Because Stone Cold said so
The wrestler?

Check out my paranormal news blog on Tumblr! TheParanormalBlog.Tumblr.com

#22    NemoMysterio

NemoMysterio

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

• And that's the bottom line...

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

View PostKipperphoenix, on 23 January 2013 - 11:24 PM, said:

The wrestler?

WHAT?!    

;-) yes

#23    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

Dead Space was an awsome game I have both the first one and the second one, cant wait till the third comes out. Im all over it

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users