Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* - - - - 1 votes

60,000 patients put on death pathway. (NHS)


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

http://www.dailymail...-fantastic.html


I posted this because I have witnessed it. My housemates Grandmother was falsely diagnosed with cancer. (Mistakes do happen) She was given chemo for the alleged cancer. She became very ill and was rushed into hospital. She didn't make it through the night. My housemate told me she kept asking for water and the nurses said she wasn't allowed it. Move forward a few months and the Post Morten revealed that she did not have cancer, she had a rotten small intestine which had become stuck. Which was causing the pain in her abdomen. Which they thought was the "tumor". The chemo had caused this. An operation would have saved her life..... So why did she die? We tried to figure that out and we came across a form stating that she was not to have food or drink. The doctor had signed this and it was because they put her on the "death pathway".




I thought the NHS was supposed to save lives, this is murder. They say we can't be euthanized in the UK, yet they will starve and dehydrate you to death. Isn't that being euthanized?  Which means it's illegal and it slow and with a lot of suffering! So why are they getting a way with this?!

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#2    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,357 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

That's awful.  It sounds like a situation where there are too many patients in a system being cared for by too few workers/caregivers.  Are their shortages of healthcare workers?

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#3    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

View Postand then, on 21 January 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

That's awful.  It sounds like a situation where there are too many patients in a system being cared for by too few workers/caregivers.  Are their shortages of healthcare workers?

Yeah there is shortages in workers and jobs. Also hospital beds etc.

It's a mess to be honest.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#4    stevewinn

stevewinn

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 8,401 posts
  • Joined:05 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Liverpool, England

  • Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

the pathway is not new its been used for years, and a lot longer in hospices. what should happen is the Doctors should explain to the family that they think the patient should be put on the pathway. it is then up to the family to decide Yes or No. my auntie died last year from cancer and was put on the pathway. but her illness was terminal and nothing more could be done, even after a course of Chemotherapy. i'd say the pathway eased her suffering. she never lingered on for weeks which is what would have happened.

Coffeys' experience above is a total disaster from start to finish, from false diagnosis, to the treatment offered. the family should put in a complaint. to late for the patient i know but if whats stated happened then there's questions which need answering. -

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#5    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,357 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

View PostCoffey, on 21 January 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

Yeah there is shortages in workers and jobs. Also hospital beds etc.

It's a mess to be honest.
Here in the US we have people who die because they have no insurance.  They can go to an emergency room to be stabilized but they cannot get long term treatment without jumping through much bureaucracy and many just give up.  I don't agree with the system president Obama has put in place but I do think that change has to come in healthcare here.  I just hope we don't trade one problem for another.

Edited by and then, 21 January 2013 - 11:20 AM.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#6    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

View Poststevewinn, on 21 January 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

the pathway is not new its been used for years, and a lot longer in hospices. what should happen is the Doctors should explain to the family that they think the patient should be put on the pathway. it is then up to the family to decide Yes or No. my auntie died last year from cancer and was put on the pathway. but her illness was terminal and nothing more could be done, even after a course of Chemotherapy. i'd say the pathway eased her suffering. she never lingered on for weeks which is what would have happened.

Coffeys' experience above is a total disaster from start to finish, from false diagnosis, to the treatment offered. the family should put in a complaint. to late for the patient i know but if whats stated happened then there's questions which need answering. -

The put in a complaint and they rejected it. The Lawyer said there was nothing more that could be done. :td:

Edited by Coffey, 21 January 2013 - 11:54 AM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#7    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

    Poltergeist

  • Banned
  • 2,924 posts
  • Joined:16 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

View PostCoffey, on 21 January 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

http://www.dailymail...-fantastic.html

I posted this because I have witnessed it. My housemates Grandmother was falsely diagnosed with cancer. (Mistakes do happen) She was given chemo for the alleged cancer. She became very ill and was rushed into hospital. She didn't make it through the night. My housemate told me she kept asking for water and the nurses said she wasn't allowed it. Move forward a few months and the Post Morten revealed that she did not have cancer, she had a rotten small intestine which had become stuck. Which was causing the pain in her abdomen. Which they thought was the "tumor". The chemo had caused this. An operation would have saved her life..... So why did she die? We tried to figure that out and we came across a form stating that she was not to have food or drink. The doctor had signed this and it was because they put her on the "death pathway".

I thought the NHS was supposed to save lives, this is murder. They say we can't be euthanized in the UK, yet they will starve and dehydrate you to death. Isn't that being euthanized?  Which means it's illegal and it slow and with a lot of suffering! So why are they getting a way with this?!

How does someone starve or dehydrate to death in one night (29 hours in article)?

What happened (I suspect) is she was in agony at hospital and with them believing she had terminal cancer they put her down. In UK legal jargon thats not called euthanizia because thats illegal. Its called giving someone a massive dose of diamorphine (heroin) to ease their pain and distress. Death quickly follows by heart attack.

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 21 January 2013 - 12:55 PM.


#8    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 21 January 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

How does someone starve or dehydrate to death in one night (29 hours in article)?

What happened (I suspect) is she was in agony at hospital and with them believing she had terminal cancer they put her down. In UK legal jargon thats not called euthanizia because thats illegal. Its called giving someone a massive dose of diamorphine (heroin) to ease their pain and distress. Death quickly follows by heart attack.


it said no food or liquids and the doctor signed it. There was more to it, but I'm sure they bring on dehydration as well. She was begging for a drink and the Nurse told my housemate not to give her one when she tried.

If they gave her diamorphine then they never told the family. They certainly never told the family she was dying or going to die or what they where doing.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#9    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Joined:31 May 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Frozen Tundra of the USA

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

welcome to Obamacare.
This is exactly what we are going to see in America, people who used to have good insurance because they got educated and got jobs and contributed to society are being drug down just to try and lift up those who made poor choices with their life.
Darwinism has its place and Obama is doing everything possible to ensure his voting base is placated with freebies and welfare.
You get what you pay for.

Edited by Capt Amerika, 21 January 2013 - 02:53 PM.


#10    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

If the patients and their families gave consent, then at least as the patients are dying anyway, they can go out with dignity.. BUT  as they are not told nor are their families made aware of what these doctors are doing ( Withdrawing meds ) then it does seem rather cruel...

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#11    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostCoffey, on 21 January 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:


I posted this because I have witnessed it. My housemates Grandmother was falsely diagnosed with cancer. (Mistakes do happen) She was given chemo for the alleged cancer. She became very ill and was rushed into hospital. She didn't make it through the night. My housemate told me she kept asking for water and the nurses said she wasn't allowed it. Move forward a few months and the Post Morten revealed that she did not have cancer, she had a rotten small intestine which had become stuck. Which was causing the pain in her abdomen. Which they thought was the "tumor". The chemo had caused this. An operation would have saved her life..... So why did she die? We tried to figure that out and we came across a form stating that she was not to have food or drink. The doctor had signed this and it was because they put her on the "death pathway".


That sounds so cruel to do that to anyone.. They made the mistake in the first place that lead to her death in the end.. Did anyone ( family members ) do anything about this ?

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#12    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,570 posts
  • Joined:16 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free America

  • it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

I would call this the downside of a NHS. To keep costs down corners are cut. Its a problem that needs to be addressed. Health Care should be equal for everyone. It shouldnt just be the ultra rich that get the best healthcare.

I dont know how things work but in America that would be a lawsuit.

Edited by AsteroidX, 21 January 2013 - 03:42 PM.


#13    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 21 January 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

I would call this the downside of a NHS. To keep costs down corners are cut. Its a problem that needs to be addressed. Health Care should be equal for everyone. It shouldnt just be the ultra rich that get the best healthcare.

I dont know how things work but in America that would be a lawsuit.

That's what I was thinking about..Surely if no one was consented  ( including family members of the dying ) then there would be lawsuits to follow?  Or is there some legal loophole they have found to block this?

I don't think much of the NHS........ I had my last two children with the NHS, and BOTH times they put me on a 9 month waiting list   lol :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 21 January 2013 - 04:06 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#14    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 21 January 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

That sounds so cruel to do that to anyone.. They made the mistake in the first place that lead to her death in the end.. Did anyone ( family members ) do anything about this ?

Yeah, they got a lawyer who started an investigation which led to them seeing the signed file that said to go a head with this etc. But then the lawyer said the lawsuit against them was rejected.. He told them he wouldn't do anything further. They have also tried contacting MP's etc to get support. Not much has been done by anyone they contacted. They are still trying, but it seems like it's being blocked by people.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#15    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 21 January 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

If the patients and their families gave consent, then at least as the patients are dying anyway, they can go out with dignity.. BUT  as they are not told nor are their families made aware of what these doctors are doing ( Withdrawing meds ) then it does seem rather cruel...

I understand that side, but that also makes you question why we don't have euthanasia in the UK, cause that will cause the person to suffer less and is the same thing really.

But no consent was given in this case and many others.

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 21 January 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

That sounds so cruel to do that to anyone.. They made the mistake in the first place that lead to her death in the end.. Did anyone ( family members ) do anything about this ?

Yeah, they got a lawyer who started an investigation which led to them seeing the signed file that said to go a head with this etc. But then the lawyer said the lawsuit against them was rejected.. He told them he wouldn't do anything further. They have also tried contacting MP's etc to get support. Not much has been done by anyone they contacted. They are still trying, but it seems like it's being blocked by people.



View PostBeckys_Mom, on 21 January 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

That's what I was thinking about..Surely if no one was consented  ( including family members of the dying ) then there would be lawsuits to follow?  Or is there some legal loophole they have found to block this?

I don't think much of the NHS........ I had my last two children with the NHS, and BOTH times they put me on a 9 month waiting list   lol :P

That's what you would expect but this goes pretty high up according to the articles I've read. Seems to be some loophole they have.

Haha, a friend of mine is a nurse so I understand the pressure she goes through and how hard it is, but the NHS really does annoy me.

View PostAsteroidX, on 21 January 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

I would call this the downside of a NHS. To keep costs down corners are cut. Its a problem that needs to be addressed. Health Care should be equal for everyone. It shouldnt just be the ultra rich that get the best healthcare.

I dont know how things work but in America that would be a lawsuit.

Seems like someone higher up cares more about numbers than people to be honest.  That part isn't shocking really.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users