Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Web 're-defining' human identities

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

I don't need people checking in or messaging all that often. Nor do I want to know every little thing about people. A little mystery behind the people you know is nice.

What was it the whole distance makes the heart grow fonder, I find this to be more relevant today then it has ever been.

#17    Majikwayz

Majikwayz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

its a good time capsule or timeline for pics and events, even if i lose all my physical pictures and things ive done, it will still be backed up online, as long as nothing happens to internet.

#18    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

People will post the most ridiculous bits of information about themselves and I read about someone getting in trouble for posting a picture or making a dumb comment on Facebook at least once a week if not more.  It's as if .these people lose their ability to make wise decisions

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#19    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

View PostLava_Lady, on 24 January 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

People will post the most ridiculous bits of information about themselves and I read about someone getting in trouble for posting a picture or making a dumb comment on Facebook at least once a week if not more.  It's as if .these people lose their ability to make wise decisions
I suspect that out of the gazillions of posts made there are bound to be a few really dumb ones.

#20    sslama

sslama

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 98 posts

• Say what you mean and mean what you say....that way I know who you are and what you stand for!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 21 January 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

Don't use FB, but respect others right to do so. :yes:

It simply creates  or enables another level of human interaction.  But it does become impulsive somehow, and sometimes that interferes with other levels of human interaction.
Like anything if you let it, it can be a little consuming.  Just like TV, just like all sorts of things.  I am an optimist so I look at what this technology can do to help people. It does connect people, especially people that are cut off for some reason.....maybe an illness, maybe location.  I think we are living in exciting times.  We are just beginning to enter a new realm where billions have a voice.  As more people become connected the power of the internet grows.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."

#21    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 9,978 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

View Postsslama, on 25 January 2013 - 04:24 AM, said:

Like anything if you let it, it can be a little consuming.  Just like TV, just like all sorts of things.  I am an optimist so I look at what this technology can do to help people. It does connect people, especially people that are cut off for some reason.....maybe an illness, maybe location.  I think we are living in exciting times.  We are just beginning to enter a new realm where billions have a voice.  As more people become connected the power of the internet grows.

'where billions have a voice' ....... hmm, all that seems to happen is they're shouting to be heard! Everyone's shouting and no-one is listening :no: .
But I agree that it's great for people stuck at home for whatever reason.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users