Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Can we see aura? Science says yes

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

une 21, 2011 — For migratory birds and sea turtles, the ability to sense Earth's magnetic field is crucial to navigating the long-distance voyages these animals undertake during migration. Humans, however, are widely assumed not to have an innate magnetic sense. Research published in Nature Communications this week by faculty at the University of Massachusetts Medical School shows that a protein expressed in the human retina can sense magnetic fields when implanted into Drosophila, reopening an area of sensory biology in humans for further exploration.

more here

Perhaps the nay-Sayers who claimed aura was just a load of horse manure can now see that they were blind ;)

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#2    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

Please don't do this typical - "see , we were right about all paranormal hoowacky now, because someone injected human cryptochrome in a fly" -

Nothing is proved:

These simple experiments show that human cryptohrome can act as a magnetic sensor. This doesn’t mean that it does, much less that humans can sense magnetic fields. Plugging human cryptochrome into an alien environment like the body of a fly tells you very little about what it does in its native surroundings.

http://blogs.discove...agnetic-fields/

And why oh why do you feel the need to link this to aura's , please ... One of the beginner tests to get into Scientology is to stare into each others eyes untill you see "an aura" surrounding the other person. That should tell you enough about how silly it is.

Edited by Render, 21 January 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#3    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• 1,527 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

is the auru meant to be a magnetic field around us?

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#4    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

View PostRender, on 21 January 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

Please don't do this typical - "see , we were right about all paranormal hoowacky now, because someone injected human cryptochrome in a fly" -

Nothing is proved:

These simple experiments show that human cryptohrome can act as a magnetic sensor. This doesn’t mean that it does, much less that humans can sense magnetic fields. Plugging human cryptochrome into an alien environment like the body of a fly tells you very little about what it does in its native surroundings.

And why oh why do you feel the need to link this to aura's , please ... One of the beginner tests to get into Scientology is to stare into each others eyes untill you see "an aura" surrounding the other person. That should tell you enough about how silly it is.

Some people can sense aura some others can see various colors... how the eye perceives is really personal.  I cannot see aura but I can sense it.. And you know what I have been seldom wrong but until today I couldn't really prove that this magnetic field could be perceived.

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#5    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,609 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

More here - from an article I posted some time ago.

Despite much controversy, no conclusive evidence exists that humans can sense the Earth's magnetic field, and the find may revive interest in the idea.

http://www.unexplain...39;s  magnetism

Both articles are dated the same - 21 June 2011. I wonder which study is showing the correct results and if any new findings about this have been discovered since they were published.

Edited by Still Waters, 21 January 2013 - 02:30 PM.

Posted Image

#6    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,066 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostRender, on 21 January 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

Nothing is proved:

Everything from bacteria to Human Beings utilize minute magnetic deposits within themselves.    ( please don't make me look for the study which proved it in humans)

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#7    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• 1,527 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

maybe as some birds eyes have evolved for long distance sight is why peeps say you have to look past things to see an aura. when you focus too closely you cant see it. im still not sure about auras but just thought id share my opinion as  to suscribe to the idea

Edited by Armchair Educated, 21 January 2013 - 02:18 PM.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#8    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,183 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

View PostParacelse, on 21 January 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

Perhaps the nay-Sayers who claimed aura was just a load of horse manure can now see that they were blind ;)
LMAO. Says the guy who didn't read the article.

#9    Trakkia

Trakkia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

• "There are two steps to a journey, setting off and getting there; so just take a step and you're halfway there."
    -Me

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

So we're all secretly Magneto?

"A picture is worth a thousand words, or so they say, so if it is; then here are a thousand and thirty two words to convince you of whatever I need to,"
Now, if you will, imagine a subject appropriate image here...

#10    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• 1,243 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

Science is there to explain stuff so it becomes Normal instead of Paranormal.

#11    The Exodia

The Exodia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

• Life goes on.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

lols. i will be total entertain by these. its interesting all the ways. have fun.

#12    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• 1,399 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 21 January 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

maybe as some birds eyes have evolved for long distance sight is why peeps say you have to look past things to see an aura. when you focus too closely you cant see it. im still not sure about auras but just thought id share my opinion as  to suscribe to the idea
Fact of life, when you focus on something, you forget the surrounding.

#13    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

How wonderful life is.

Now time to read the article.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users