Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

300 Million Year Old Machinery Found

vladivostok

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,358 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

The Voice of Russia and other Russian sources are reporting that a 300 million year old piece of aluminum machinery has been found in Vladivostok. Experts say a gear rail appears to be manufactured and not the result of natural forces.

The metal detail was supposedly 300 million years old and yet the scientists suggest that it was not created by nature but was rather manufactured by someone. The question of who might have made an aluminum gear in the dawn of time remains unanswered.

http://beforeitsnews...g.likes&fb_sour

The original article is in Russian so the translation might not be correct.

http://kp.ua/daily/140113/374931/

Posted Image

#2    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

aliens i say! they are tricky but we are getting closer.

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#3    HMS Dreadnought

HMS Dreadnought

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

That article just doesn't ring true to me especially with all the other outlandish claims in it, why have we not heard of them before?

Dear you guys. Words cannot express how much I hate you guys. As we fight our way northward into the great unknown, only that one thing remains certain: that I hate you guys with every tired muscle in my confederate body. We have taken Topeka and I must rally the men onward to Missouri. Because I will not stop until we have won it all, and you guys are my slaves. Because I hate you guys. I hate you guys so very very much. Yours, General Cartman Lee.

#4    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

300 million year old piece of aluminum machinery..... Would someone be shocked if this turned out to be BS? :lol:

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#5    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,666 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

View PostDBunker, on 21 January 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

300 million year old piece of aluminum machinery..... Would someone be shocked if this turned out to be BS? :lol:

Not shocked, but......

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#6    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

The objects in the picture that look like a jumbled heap of gear wheels were identified as looking identical to a certain marine organism, some time back. These were apparently fossilized.  
As the aluminum object that looks like a track for a cog wheel was found in mined coal, it seems natural to wonder if some tool or piece of a mining machine got stuck in the coal and broke off. I'd have figured these to be made of steel, but I know next to nothing about coal mining.

#7    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Could someone please post a picture of said 300million yo machine.... I cant get that link to work. :no:

Edited by DBunker, 21 January 2013 - 04:32 PM.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#8    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,059 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

View PostDBunker, on 21 January 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

Could someone please post a picture of said 300million yo machine.... I cant get that link to work. :no:

Uh.... that's because that link is 300 million years old. Talk about a necropost!  :passifier:

#9    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,010 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

would that be coincidentally, the same or very similar story posted online March 2012? With pics

400 Million Year Old Machine Found in Russia
RUSSIA. In the remote Kamchatka peninsula (map below), 200 km from Tigil, University of St. Petersburg archaeologists discovered a strange fossil. The authenticity of the find has been certified. According archaeologist Yuri Golubev, occurs that, in this case the discovery surprised scientists by its nature, at least – unusual, able to change history (or pre-history).

http://www.thetruthb...ound-in-russia/

clicky
Attached File  fossil.jpg   70.18K   86 downloads

Edited by seeder, 21 January 2013 - 04:45 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#10    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,358 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

View Postseeder, on 21 January 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

would that be coincidentally, the same or very similar story posted online March 2012? With pics

400 Million Year Old Machine Found in Russia
RUSSIA. In the remote Kamchatka peninsula (map below), 200 km from Tigil, University of St. Petersburg archaeologists discovered a strange fossil. The authenticity of the find has been certified. According archaeologist Yuri Golubev, occurs that, in this case the discovery surprised scientists by its nature, at least – unusual, able to change history (or pre-history).

http://www.thetruthb...ound-in-russia/
It's not the same. If you scroll down the page of the article in my OP you'll see they've shown that one as a previous discovery.

Edited to add - I've done a search and the article you're quoting was also posted on here -

http://www.unexplain... peninsula&st=0

Edited by Still Waters, 21 January 2013 - 05:10 PM.

Posted Image

#11    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 21 January 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

The Voice of Russia and other Russian sources are reporting that a 300 million year old piece of aluminum machinery has been found in Vladivostok. Experts say a gear rail appears to be manufactured and not the result of natural forces.

The metal detail was supposedly 300 million years old and yet the scientists suggest that it was not created by nature but was rather manufactured by someone. The question of who might have made an aluminum gear in the dawn of time remains unanswered.

http://beforeitsnews...g.likes&fb_sour

The original article is in Russian so the translation might not be correct.

http://kp.ua/daily/140113/374931/

If this is real then I think it more likely indicates we dont understand how times works.

If the modern world is losing objects which are jumping back to other points in history then theres no need for aliens.

#12    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,855 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Hmm. Wonder if it'll fit my tractor gearbox?

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#13    Supersquatch

Supersquatch

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

• Supersquatch powers, activate!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

Don't EVER trust Before It's News.

Posted Image

#14    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

View PostNoodly Savior, on 21 January 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

Don't EVER trust Before It's News.

Who says time is linear?

#15    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,247 posts

• Question everything

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

Right, because a dinosaur-aged machine is much more reasonable than a piece off of some modern mining equipment broken off during processing.

Goody, I just saw this on ATS and was wondering if it would make it here. To start with, they've thrown in several previous similar finds, so we need to straighten out which one the article is talking about. That would be the second and third pictures down. The others have been addressed before.

That established, the first question we should ask is where did the coal come from? An underground mine, a strip mine or reclaimed salvage, like mudlarks used to do with bits of coal lost in the Thames during offloading?  The item wasn't found until the consumer had got ahold of it so the coal could've come from anywhere and the item imbedded at any step of way who knows when. A strip mine for instance makes a huge difference as that's all surface mining.

The specimen itself may be questionable in that while most of it has the characteristic glassy sheen of solid coal, the area immediately around the contact point with the imbedded metal appears almost powdery and unconsolidated. The corrosion apparent on the object is meaningless, as aluminum is known to weather rather quickly when exposed to mercury, which destroys it's protective oxide layer. The fact that the inner surface appears almost undamaged suggests it wasn't sitting in any bog for millions of years waiting for coalification to set in.

Edited by Oniomancer, 21 January 2013 - 05:31 PM.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users