Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

300 Million Year Old Machinery Found

vladivostok

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#46    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,786 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

View Postpallidin, on 22 January 2013 - 09:56 PM, said:

Is aluminm ever in pure form in nature, like gold can be?
I believe aluminum is almost exclusively found in its oxide form in nature.

Because of its strong affinity to oxygen, it is not found in the elemental state but only in combined forms such as oxides or silicates.
http://nautilus.fis....lem/e01300.html

I've yet to see a believable ancient aluminum artifact. Most appear to be crude fakes done by heating the aluminum to make it appear old.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#47    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,786 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 23 January 2013 - 01:24 AM, said:

I do not get how this is not possibly natural formation to be quite honest.

Posted Image

Yeah. I am not even considering that pic. It appears to be a rock that got into the coal bed.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#48    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,095 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 23 January 2013 - 01:33 AM, said:

I believe aluminum is almost exclusively found in its oxide form in nature.

http://nautilus.fis....lem/e01300.html

I've yet to see a believable ancient aluminum artifact. Most appear to be crude fakes done by heating the aluminum to make it appear old.

Indeed, as far as I know, the only place that it is found as a metal is inside a volcanoe, although native aluminium has been reported in cold seeps in the northeastern continental slope of the South China Sea. Bacteria seems to be the likely culprit for the catalyst.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#49    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,095 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 23 January 2013 - 01:34 AM, said:

Yeah. I am not even considering that pic. It appears to be a rock that got into the coal bed.

I thought that was supposed to be the original find, the "tooth" in the lump of coal.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#50    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,786 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 23 January 2013 - 01:53 AM, said:

I thought that was supposed to be the original find, the "tooth" in the lump of coal.
I thought that the thing still in the coal was supposed to be the Wheel part of the device.

#51    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,095 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 23 January 2013 - 02:05 AM, said:

I thought that the thing still in the coal was supposed to be the Wheel part of the device.

Could be, it is very ambiguous, above that picture it says

The metal detail which was recently found by Vladivostok resident is yet another discovery which perplexed the scientists. The coal in which the metal object was pressed was delivered to Primorye from Chernogorodskiy mines of Khakasia region. Knowing that the coal deposits of this region date 300 million years back, Russian experts inferred that the metal detail found in these deposits must be an age-mate of the coal.

Either way, I do not see evidence of manufacture here.

#52    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,467 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

Okay, I'm going to rewrite the thread's headline, from;

"300 Million Year Old Machinery Found, Experts Say May Be Extraterrestrial".

To:

"Unsubstantiated Chunk of Coal (That 'May' Be 300 Million Years Old, No One's Really Checked) Contains So Far Guessed at Piece of Undetermined Aluminum, So-called 'Experts' (Smartest Guys That We Could Find Right Now) Say That, 'They Don't Know. Sure... It Could Have Fallen From The Sky'!"

Nope, too much ink. They'll go with the first headline. :)

#53    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

how is it not natural? it looks perfectly natural to me

#54    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,404 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

You have to Love the different photos ,the one on the Front page and the one DIechecker #47 thread ! Where do people get a Alumn,steering rack from a FTL craft ?
It looks like a Rock ,like the one lots of peeps use to park the car`s on a Hill !

This is a Work in Progress!

#55    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 21 January 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

If this is real then I think it more likely indicates we dont understand how times works.

If the modern world is losing objects which are jumping back to other points in history then theres no need for aliens.

That would mean that eventually we'll come across fossilized tv remotes and unmatched socks...which in reality, would actually make sense.

#56    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

I thought examining age of an object is a piece of cake for science nowadays. Why need such a big debate?
If it's 300 million years old, then so be it.

#57    Mac E

Mac E

Mass Confuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

• If you can't convince them, confuse them.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

The thing with carbon dating is that it has to be orgainc to test the carbon ratios.  It is easy enough to test the coal around it, but the actual objects themselves are not organic and can not test them to determine the age.  If they can date the manufacturing of the item itself, then they might have something, but in these cases, it is most likely a hoax.  Understanding how coal is formed is a real big hint that these are hoaxes.

Coal Formation

In the beginning there were only probabilities. The universe could only come into existence if someone observed it. It does not matter that the observers turned up several billion years later. The universe exists because we are aware of it.

Martin Rees (1942) Astrophysicist

#58    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

View PostMac E, on 23 January 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

The thing with carbon dating is that it has to be orgainc to test the carbon ratios.  It is easy enough to test the coal around it, but the actual objects themselves are not organic and can not test them to determine the age.  If they can date the manufacturing of the item itself, then they might have something, but in these cases, it is most likely a hoax.  Understanding how coal is formed is a real big hint that these are hoaxes.

Coal Formation

I would just like to add to that, that carbon-14 decays with a half life of about 5730 years.

Carbon-14 is therefore typically reliable only for objects that are less than 50,000 years old, although new accelerator techniques can date objects as much as 100,000 years old.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#59    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,213 posts

• Question everything

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 23 January 2013 - 02:25 AM, said:

Could be, it is very ambiguous, above that picture it says

Either way, I do not see evidence of manufacture here.

Second picture in the article just before that one.

Posted Image

The inset is apparently the bottom of this.

Wouldn't want them to accuse you of not reading the article now, would you?

Still too shiny for my taste. Even that Pleistocine "lander foot"  from Romania was more corroded than that and that wasn't supposed to be half as old.

Edit: the article was wrong about that BTW. It wasn't found in sandstone, it was found in a sand pit. Makes you wonder what else they got wrong or got lost in translation.

Edited by Oniomancer, 23 January 2013 - 02:09 PM.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#60    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,591 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

my only question is could a peice like that survive 300 million years?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users