Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

5-year-old girl suspended over bubble-gun

bubble gun mount carmel pennsylvania kindergarten toy gun

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#16    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 21 January 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

Liberal political correctness run amok. You know what turns little kids into crazy kids and crazy adults? Not letting them be kids.

EXACTLY..( Look how Michael Jackson turned out lol ) .  My dad used to tell us about his glory days as a kid playing cowboys and Indians...  My brother was gun mad, always playing with toy guns and having the time of it.  One of the biggest games boys played was war...Always pretending to shoot..It was one of their favourite past times ..Actually my brother would still do it if you gave him the chance, it's no wonder I refuse to go paint balling with him again  lol

I am going to shoot my bubble gun at you ha ha  <-- That is now offensive?   Sigh...kids cant be kids, they must watch what they do and say..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 21 January 2013 - 09:53 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#17    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,582 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

Michael Jackson was the first to come to my mind too. Along with numerous other child stars and serial killers too.

Posted Image

#18    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

A five year old girl  a “terrorist threat”....I think someone is becoming far too paranoid!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#19    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 21 January 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

A five year old girl  a “terrorist threat”....I think someone is becoming far too paranoid!

This anti gun thing is getting too much out of hand.. I know there are people who would love to ban all guns.. But for the love of bubbles, this just rips the as* out of it

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 21 January 2013 - 10:34 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#20    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 21 January 2013 - 10:08 PM, said:

Its gett

This anti gun thing is getting too much out of hand.. I know there are people who would love to ban all guns.. But for the love of bubbles, this just rips the as* out of it
Its just crazy....the poor little 5 year old has been suspended over a bubble guN, and yet give it a couple of years and her parents will be teaching her how to handle a real one.......for safety reasons mind.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#21    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,970 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

View PostStill Waters, on 21 January 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

A 5-year-old girl was suspended from a Pennsylvania kindergarten after telling another girl that she was going to shoot her. The weapon she was going to use was a pink toy gun that blows soapy bubbles.

Mount Carmel Area School District officials questioned the student without her parents present, deemed the girl a “terrorist threat” and suspended her for 10 days, according to attorney Robin Ficker, who was hired by the family to fight the suspension.

The incident happened on January 10 as the preschoolers were waiting in line for a schoolbus.

http://rt.com/usa/ne...-suspended-322/
School officials learned of the conversation and questioned the girl for over 30 minutes the next day, Ficker said. After the talk, she was suspended for 10 days, branded a threat and required to be evaluated by a psychologist, he added

This child is being  forced to be examined by a psychologist?  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!?  She's 5.  Has the world gone completely insane?  Where the hell did all the grownups go?  Are teachers and administrators so scared they'll miss a real danger that they've gone off their nut?  I notice that this is an RT report so I'll add the caveat that IF this is accurate, the people of Pennsylvania need a better education system.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#22    Drayno

Drayno

Draynor's Finest

• 3,707 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

This mentality towards guns is being pushed, as politicians say, "it is for the sake of our children."

Yes, the politicians love the children so much they sign laws with little children all around then.

But of course, let's not forget this sort of mentality towards children and guns is going to be pursued by the Department of Education.

Oh, and let's not also forget that the secretary of said Department is going to be ahead of a national campaign about mental health awareness.

And let's also blatantly disregard the Department of Education is a prime example of Orwellian doublespeak.

What is the best part of this mental health campaign? The secretary will be lecturing children.

She'll probably just end up talking to them and telling them the dangers of thought crimes like these.

Or to tattle on anyone who has violent thoughts; especially those dangerous, playful 5 year old boys who will be labeled terrorists for brandishing fingers in play fights, who will have government files compiled about their behavior, and who will then be forced to go through re-education about mental health and guns.

All the while the children are persuaded guns aren't cool or acceptable; fulfilling all of Eric Holder's dreams about brainwashing kids.

This case is freaking sick.

Edited by Eonwe, 22 January 2013 - 02:52 AM.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II

#23    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,921 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

View Postand then, on 22 January 2013 - 02:28 AM, said:

School officials learned of the conversation and questioned the girl for over 30 minutes the next day, Ficker said. After the talk, she was suspended for 10 days, branded a threat and required to be evaluated by a psychologist, he added

This child is being  forced to be examined by a psychologist?  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!?  She's 5.  Has the world gone completely insane?  Where the hell did all the grownups go?  Are teachers and administrators so scared they'll miss a real danger that they've gone off their nut?  I notice that this is an RT report so I'll add the caveat that IF this is accurate, the people of Pennsylvania need a better education system.
So it's the shape of the toy that got her suspended.   It's shaped like a gun!  Oh MY GOD!!!!  If it was an old fashioned bottle full of soap with a plastic ring on a stick inside, I'm confident the traumatized school officials could have calmed down and thought this over rationally.  

I'm so glad I didn't have to grow up with this generation.   Now we can't even make the shape of a gun with our fingers without a paranoid school employee collapsing in a stress induced seizure.   I can imagine what would happen if kids still used pencils, and a kid actually held a pencil in his hand from the eraser end after sharpening it and pointed it at one of his classmates eyes.  A teacher could have a heart attack over something like that.   Is there a pill for that?  Get these teachers some help!    

http://rt.com/usa/ne...ol-pretend-236/

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#24    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

The really bad part.....................it turns out that the child didn't even have the bubble gun on school grounds. She and her little girlfriends were only talking about it.

#25    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,582 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

These teachers don't need to get help. They need to get lost. They're obviously beyond the point of no return.

Posted Image

#26    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,868 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

View PostEonwe, on 22 January 2013 - 02:42 AM, said:

She'll probably just end up talking to them and telling them the dangers of thought crimes like these.

Or to tattle on anyone who has violent thoughts; especially those dangerous, playful 5 year old boys who will be labeled terrorists for brandishing fingers in play fights, who will have government files compiled about their behavior, and who will then be forced to go through re-education about mental health and guns.

This is the problem with this debate. People like you are accusing officials of "probably" doing something in the future and getting mad at them in the present for it.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#27    Drayno

Drayno

Draynor's Finest

• 3,707 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

View PostStellar, on 22 January 2013 - 04:30 AM, said:

This is the problem with this debate. People like you are accusing officials of "probably" doing something in the future and getting mad at them in the present for it.

That "probably" is based not on some random guess, but based off of the apparent intent and agenda of our government.

People really just need a mandatory political science course where they have to study and read The Prince..

Maybe it's because I first studied Machiavelli at a young age and learned the truth behind politics that I have an inherent distrust of politicians.

But you will say I am being mad at officials for something they haven't done yet while little kids are being punished for pretending to do things or saying things they don't even understand or fully intend to do in the midst of play. And these kids being punished are not mentally mature enough to understand the complexities of violent actions or to have enough motive to actually want to do something violent of that caliber; not to mention they have the blatant physical inability to commit these acts.. But we're better off safe because they "probably" thought violent thoughts..

Of course we're not animals, or the only animals to not be what we are. And of course we haven't been forged through the crucible of civilization and maintaining homeostasis for the past several thousands of years through violent actions and wars...

Edited by Eonwe, 22 January 2013 - 04:41 AM.

#28    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,582 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

View PostStellar, on 22 January 2013 - 04:30 AM, said:

Isn't that the exact same problem you have? People like you are accusing gun owners of "probably" doing something in the future and getting mad at them in the present for it.

Posted Image

#29    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,868 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

View PostEonwe, on 22 January 2013 - 04:38 AM, said:

That "probably" is based not on some random guess, but based off of the apparent intent and agenda of our government.

And that apparent intent and agenda is just as much of a projection as the future actions you are getting mad at.

But you will say I am being mad at officials for something they haven't done yet while little kids are being punished for
pretending to do things or saying things they don't even understand or fully intend to do in the midst of play. And these kids being punished are not mentally mature enough to understand the complexities of violent actions or to have enough motive to actually want to do something violent of that caliber; not to mention they have the blatant physical inability to commit these acts.. But we're better off safe because they "probably" thought violent thoughts..
That is not the government, that is the school. Place blame where its deserved.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#30    Drayno

Drayno

Draynor's Finest

• 3,707 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

View PostStellar, on 22 January 2013 - 04:45 AM, said:

And that apparent intent and agenda is just as much of a projection as the future actions you are getting mad at.

That is not the government, that is the school. Place blame where its deserved.

It was the school yes - a school that has been following the Leftist agenda.

An agenda being fully exploited and now officially mandated, as the mandate was just signed into law.

Or, 23 separate Executive Orders.

Edited by Eonwe, 22 January 2013 - 04:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users