Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Magical beings such as elves or fairies

elves fairies forests

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:50 PM

I want to catch a leprechaun and make him take me to his pot of gold. Then it's every man for himself, boyo!

#32    Ronnie1321

Ronnie1321

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 06 October 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

Please do not say you do not have any draughts around, you must open the window once in a while?

I actually CAN'T open my window, there's an a/c in the way...

#33    HeathenRoyalty

HeathenRoyalty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

• "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:17 PM

That still doesn't count out any drafts.

#34    Ronnie1321

Ronnie1321

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:54 AM

It takes force to move the bells. There's nothing like a draft that can make them move on their own.

#35    ZOD

ZOD

Intern of the Illuminatti

• 5,159 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

draft is a movement of wind, force is transferrance of energy between a moving object and another object.

a draft has force

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

#36    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,661 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:44 PM

Isn't that how wind chimes work?

Posted Image

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#37    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,476 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:27 AM

View PostRonnie1321, on 06 October 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

I actually CAN'T open my window, there's an a/c in the way...
Why does this answer not surprise me!?
You must be getting air from somewhere, even a fart can cause a small draft fgs!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#38    ZOD

ZOD

Intern of the Illuminatti

• 5,159 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:54 AM

or...you know, the airconditioner which is designed specifically to move air...and condition it, i guess

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

#39    Avallaine

Avallaine

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:25 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 17 February 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

Fairies are not as nice as some people think. Many a child had been killed because their parents thought the fairies had stolen their babies and the baby was now the demon.

How did you go from "fairies" to "demon?"  It would be more accurate to say that the parents thought their baby was now a changeling.

And, though I agree wholeheartedly that the people of Faerie were not nice, you can't really blame the death of suspected changeling babies on them.  That was on us, we human beings, and our tendency to blame others for our problems and look for quick and drastic solutions.

But yes, the fay were called things like "the Fair Folk" and "the Good Neighbors" and "the Kindly Ones" because people hoped calling them that would flatter them enough to make them behave that way.  As one writer (whom I can't recall offhand) put it, it was the equivalent of calling the snarling Dobermann in front of you "nice doggie."

Edited by Avallaine, 09 October 2013 - 03:27 AM.

#40    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,476 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

View PostAvallaine, on 09 October 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:

How did you go from "fairies" to "demon?"  It would be more accurate to say that the parents thought their baby was now a changeling.

And, though I agree wholeheartedly that the people of Faerie were not nice, you can't really blame the death of suspected changeling babies on them.  That was on us, we human beings, and our tendency to blame others for our problems and look for quick and drastic solutions.

But yes, the fay were called things like "the Fair Folk" and "the Good Neighbors" and "the Kindly Ones" because people hoped calling them that would flatter them enough to make them behave that way.  As one writer (whom I can't recall offhand) put it, it was the equivalent of calling the snarling Dobermann in front of you "nice doggie."
I think there is a slight misunderstanding here, I ONLY blame humans.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#41    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

• I'm baaaaaack

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 15 February 2013 - 01:54 AM, said:

I play an elf in my computer. Another way things are real. Fantasy comes in many forms. But yes the spirit world is full of these things. They just dont like the world we live in. Wonder why ?
   Because there is no "magic" left in the world, equate Magic with True belief, everything that was once "Magic is now explained well almost everything and too few have the imagination left to believe in magic. it must be explained it must be proven. it must, it must, it must. if there isn't  carved in stone evidence and explanations, if the picture isn't crystal clear   it doesn't exist or is some form of hoax, and even when there is proof it is still considered a hoax by some because someone doesn't believe the so called evidence.
as to the brownie  That is simple   there were brownies in the 30s and 40s last century.  they were the homeless.  leave some food out and  they would take the food and leave some work as payment maybe repair a fence or  wash the car or  clean the house or something else in payment. I remember my grandmother telling me about it.  she had two brownies  they dressed in brown and  whenever they would drift through the neighborhood my grandmother would leave something out and in exchange they would do something in exchange for the food, mow the yard or fix the fence and they usually dressed in dark clothes to be able to use the shadows to escape the cops. because some were thieves all were persecuted

Edited by mysticwerewolf, 09 October 2013 - 09:16 AM.

#42    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

View PostUrisk, on 28 January 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

Well they were certainly real up to about 100 years ago... at least to many folk. I suppose that's about as concrete an answer as can be given.

A stream with strong undercurrents, or a large loch with similar, or a particularly apparent thermocline... well of course that'd house a dreaded kelpie. Steep, rocky mountainsides... Of course nasty beasties like the Fachan of Glen Etive. You get my drift... I can't explain brownies though, perhaps there was a call for people breaking into your house and doing your chores overnight? Maybe burglars were far more civil and well-intentioned back then?

Wait what? LOL. :rofl:

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#43    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

You forgot Djinns

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#44    Emeraldgemheart

Emeraldgemheart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

• "In the end, you will always kneel" - Loki

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

If there were still Elves and other Fair Folk still around, they wouldn't be so careless as to let people see them. There is a fact of life I've found out. If people don't understand something, they destroy it. And I think that these Fey have figured it out as well.

"You may think I'm insane.. And you'd be totally right!" ~Me

"Don't look behind you, your dog's watching." ~My friend

"Doth mother know you wear-eth her drapes?" ~Iron Man

#45    BettyTheYeti

BettyTheYeti

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

View PostEmeraldgemheart, on 18 October 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

If there were still Elves and other Fair Folk still around, they wouldn't be so careless as to let people see them. There is a fact of life I've found out. If people don't understand something, they destroy it. And I think that these Fey have figured it out as well.

That is exactly right. Since mankind begun to spread into all corners of the world, the other folk have retreated into their own worlds. These days, if you see them it's only because they want you to see them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users