Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

random altered states of consciousness.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 25 January 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

No we do get warnings like that... well yes it was a feeling but why say "just" before it?

Good point..
I guess there's no such thing as "Just" a premonition.. the word kind of doesn't give justice to the source of premotitions does it..

But I guess I said "Just" because it was a premonition, which is at the end of the day (as far as the OP goes)  Just a feeling, even if that feeling is from a paranormal source.

#17    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 25 January 2013 - 07:30 AM, said:

Meditation in many cases is daydreaming.. Sometimes we meditate when we don't even intentionally know we are doing it... Contemplation, Day-dreaming, relaxing, reflecting on self, reminicing, these kind of thought streams can be medative.. I think.

Yeah, that's when I realized listening to music when laying with my eyes closed is a meditation for me, because during this time I'll realize that my mind has wandered off in so many directions, and I don't even remember all of the things I had just thought about. I then realize this was my mind going wherever it wants freely. So many people think that clearing your mind completely is meditating. It can be I guess, but it's just letting it go and not trying to control it that I think is the real magic moment.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#18    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

View Post_Only, on 25 January 2013 - 07:42 AM, said:

Yeah, that's when I realized listening to music when laying with my eyes closed is a meditation for me, because during this time I'll realize that my mind has wandered off in so many directions, and I don't even remember all of the things I had just thought about. I then realize this was my mind going wherever it wants freely. So many people think that clearing your mind completely is meditating. It can be I guess, but it's just letting it go and not trying to control it that I think is the real magic moment.

The feeling of knowing everything must have been so powerfull.. lol, how cool..  
If it was through meditation, then what song were you listening to? Have you tried to replicate it? Letting go is vital in meditation for sure, but, it makes it hard to replicate the kind of results we're after doesn't it.. That kind of knowing.... be it knowing you will live for 30,000 years or knowing that you know everything is powerfull stuff. I kind of feel as though it wasn't meditation, especially in my case.. but there was a definate shift in consiousness & perspective..  The perspective shift was that I felt taller.. I felt as though the house had shifted north-east by about 50 meters? These smaller details are things that don't fit the bill with standard meditation.. then again, I've only been practicing 7 months.

The other weirdness about the event, for me, was that I forgot it, or dismissed it.. And yet I can now remember a lot of the details around it, & I can also realise that it was something that is shaping the person I am today?

#19    Longsight57

Longsight57

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

I do this most of the time when im driving.If i want to over take cars in front and dont have alot of road in veiw ahead if I feel apprehensive I dont go but if my body is relaxed I go .Try it when youre driving .Instead of overtaking just note what happens.Try blind bends as well just note how you feel then see whether you had a clear road or not .Do not actually overtake.Just observe how you feel and the out come.Been using this for years and trust my bodies reaction;

#20    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Sometimes while I am near sleep, I realize that I am in fact a Giant.  I can tell because of a feeling in my teeth.
It feels nice to be a Giant even if only for a short amount of time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users