Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

US health worse compared to other countries

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#46    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,658 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 29 January 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

When I spoke about my great aunt who lived until she was nearly 107 years old, she died only a few years ago.. She ate cakes and meat along with veg... She baked cakes running her own bakery... She took cod liver oil every day  and took a small dosage of aspirin once or twice a week..  Small dosages of aspirin can prevent heart attacks and other life threatening diseases..  Not everyone back then knew this...

Taking a low dose of aspirin every day can prevent and possibly even treat cancer, fresh evidence suggests.   http://www.bbc.co.uk...health-17443454
Although I would not take it every day, just a low dosage once a week I feel is fine...

Daily aspirin dose 'cuts cancer risk' http://www.telegraph...ancer-risk.html

It also can reduce the risk of heart attacks.. But it is better it take advice for a professional health carer ( your doctor )  as each persons body reacts differently  - http://www.heart.org...714_Article.jsp

You can find many info on line to read up on it and see what you think yourself.. Like I said,  only your doctor  can give the best advice.. I personally wouldn't take it every day , just once a week..I had spoken with my doctor about this and I have had a few clots, so I was advised to take a low dosage every now and again to thin the blood, but told not to over do it.. it can cause harm if you do... It is always best to speak to any doctor....A doctor will inform you that aspirin effects can vary in different people. so it is only wise to check all with a doctor you trust...   In saying that my great aunt would have sworn by it...along with cod liver oil, she took with a table spoon every day.. ( Yuck ) ..Along with lots of water...  Everyone is different...
I take high dose Vit D once a week. Essential on the North west coast of Ireland - I recommend it.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#47    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,065 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

View PostOrcseeker, on 29 January 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

For everyone that is mentioning GM foods, everything is genetically modified.

Not everything is genetically modified. Some crops are, but not all of them. Some critters are being tinkered with, but most of them are currently unmodified... But a lot of them probably do eat GM feed to some extent.

#48    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,697 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

I was reading up on this, and in general this still sounds like a conspiricy theory. Various European and other nations have banned GM crops just to be safe, which is fine, I guess. But I have yet to see really good data saying every kind of GM food is dangerous. That there can and will be genetic exchange between plants/bacterium is bound to happen, but how many people are we talking about here? How many people's illness and deaths can be laid at the feet of GM foods?

Supposedly there are Alalfa, Canola, Corn, Cotton, Papaya, Potato, Rice, Soybean, Squash, Sugarbeet, Sugarcane, Sweet Peppers, Tomatos and Wheat versions of GM crops. And supposedly 90% of all corn and soybeans are already GM. Meaning almost everyone has, or will be eating (in the USA) GM foods daily.

Are humans in general living shorter lives then they used to? Sure... But does this mean... GMO = Bad, Cancer, Shorter Lifespan? No more then.... Vaccines = Autism, IMHO. It is easy to do a study and neglect various variables and find just about whatever it is that you want to proove.

EDIT: I do agree that food should be labeled though. Let it be the consumers choice to pay three times as much, or risk that extra 0.002% (% made up for arguements sake) chance of illness.

Edited by DieChecker, 29 January 2013 - 09:49 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users