Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Personal Opinion: Daughter's Hair

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,726 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

View PostRockabyeBillie, on 24 January 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

Oh head lice... Growing up the oldest of five kids we all got lice at least once a year. I would get mine washed first so I could help Mom wash and brush the rest of the kids' heads. Ug... lol wonderful memories!

I'm hoping my child is like me when it comes to personal hygiene. I can't stand for my hair or face to feel greasy (I shower twice a day) and I can't sleep unless I've brushed my teeth and bathed at night. I found some cute jawline bobs and reverse bobs online that we'll probably go with until she is old enough to decide on her own what she wants to do with her hair.

As for color... if it weren't for my job I'd have crazy colored/styled hair and I'm almost thirty LOL so that won't be an issue for me! If she wants hot pink hair, that's fine. Let her do it while she's young and able to without repercussions from work and the real world. You're only a kid for a little while.
Whenever there was an outbreak of lice in my daughter's school, we started adding tea tree oil to her shampoo.  She has never had lice, although her freinds all did.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#32    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,441 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

I don't remember ever hearing about lice outbreaks when I was young. Now it seems like every kid gets them at some point.

#33    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 24 January 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

Whenever there was an outbreak of lice in my daughter's school, we started adding tea tree oil to her shampoo.  She has never had lice, although her freinds all did.

I've never heard of that. I'll have to keep it in mind.

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

#34    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,995 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

View PostMichelle, on 24 January 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

I don't remember ever hearing about lice outbreaks when I was young. Now it seems like every kid gets them at some point.

'Way back when', here in the UK our schools were visited on a regular basis by a nurse (usually built like a brick chicken-house), who was universally dubbed 'Nitty Nora', and it was her job to detect head lice among the pupils, and hand out a foul-smelling liquid to be massaged into the hair of the infected ones. I remember how it stank for days, even after washing! (People always knew who'd had the head-lice!)

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#35    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

View Postealdwita, on 24 January 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

'Way back when', here in the UK our schools were visited on a regular basis by a nurse (usually built like a brick chicken-house), who was universally dubbed 'Nitty Nora', and it was her job to detect head lice among the pupils, and hand out a foul-smelling liquid to be massaged into the hair of the infected ones. I remember how it stank for days, even after washing! (People always knew who'd had the head-lice!)

You knew who had lice when they did our inspections because they sent the infected kids home.

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

#36    Miss Shadows

Miss Shadows

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

• Welcome to my home. Now get the **** out.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 23 January 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

This is something I don't get.  Why do people think they have right to dictate how their siblings dress or groom their child?  Sure if you were neglecting your daughter, I would expect your sister to say or do something.  But to start an argument because YOU choose to keep YOUR daughter's hair shorter than your sister would like?  I would tell her to button it.  Your house, your rules.

Bebe I agree with you here. My sister directly eldest has 3 kids, each of whom I have had a personal part of helping to raise with their dad gone and all. They're 3 very sweet individuals with an extremely able mother and I adore them all. If I thought my sister was unable or unwilling to take care of those kids I'd be the first to say something, but at the same time, if I really tried to dictate how SHE dresses her children, or what SHE lets them watch on TV, I have no doubt my sister would have the good sense to tell me where to stick it.

American with an accent, Christian with a tat, sociopath with a heart, child with no mother, Lover with no Lover, confidently doubting, amused but not laughing, woman but child, feisty yet caring, sweet when not bitter.

#37    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,584 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

I use to have my hair cut really short when I was a kid too and I didn't like it.  I've had it long ever since.  There was a time I could sit on it but now just a little past my shoulders is long enough.

Personally I think the kid should have some input on it.  Everyone is different and have different hair types.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users