Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Florida's great Python hunt

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,628 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

NY Times said:

HOMESTEAD, Fla. – For as long as anyone can remember, hunters here have wielded machetes, knives, rifles and crossbows as they swept past thickets of mosquitoes and saw grass in pursuit of alligators, feral hogs, bobcats and vermin of all sizes.

But on the outskirts of the Everglades this month, a different kind of hunt is taking place, and among those on the trail are three men with little macho swagger and zero hunting finery. They drive up gravel roads alongside the brush in a red “man-van” (a well-lived in Toyota Sienna) and a blue Prius (“You can’t beat the mileage,” says one).

And when they get lucky, they clamber down from their vehicles and snare enormous Burmese pythons with their bare hands, shrugging off the inevitable bites.

Read more

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,637 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

Posted already, sorry.

http://www.unexplain...hl= python&st=0

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users