Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

are aliens likely to exist or not?

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#46    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,181 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

View Postseeder, on 27 January 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

I dont get you Crikey. Your posts previously suggest you don't give a poop for any religion. So then why keep quoting it?  And all this NONSENSE about they didnt have the right vocabulary so called things fiery chariots etc... is that so?  

Well I have news for you. (again) and I quote a page about Ezekiel

"The main premise of the Ancient Astronaut theory is that ancient writers couldn’t understand, or didn’t have the vocabulary to explain technology. But that idea doesn’t really work for Ezekiel for many reasons.

First of all, Ezekiel had a huge vocabulary. Hebrew is one of the richest languages in history of the world, and Ezekiel showed great skill in utilizing it when describing complicated things in other places in his writings.

He had the vocabulary to say things like: silver disk, or round, or window or grey being with big eyes if he had wanted to, but he didn’t. As we will see what Ezekiel describes simply cannot be compared to a UFO.

More than any other Bible writer, Ezekiel was extremely detail oriented. He makes sure to describe every detail, not just here, but throughout his writings. For example a very accurate model of the layout of an entire city, as well as a huge temple complex can be constructed by using his specifications".

So on that basis, is it more likely that he did in fact see a fiery chariot, or might he have been symbolic, allegorical or metaphorical? Why assume that UFOs, 3000 or more years ago, would have looked the same as the 1950s sci fi ideas associated with words like "silver disk"?

"It's nice" ~ Jurgen Klopp.

#47    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

@ seeder
I have no doubt that life exists out there and that video, the man in the video is saying what i said many times before... Thats is why i always give the "17billion earthlike planets" example to try to show people how many chances there are for ET life... inteligence is other story. Superb video thanks!

Edited by Tesla II, 27 January 2013 - 02:12 PM.

RSOE EDIS - Emergency and Disaster Information Service App is available on site!

And just Russia Today...

#48    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

Considering the speed with which life appeared on earth, life would seem likely to be common.  Considering the ensuing eons before multi-cellular life appeared and again the further eons before intelligent life appeared, these two may be a good deal less common.

Still, the universe has sure provided itself plenty of throws of the dice.

#49    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,202 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostTesla II, on 27 January 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

@ seeder
I have no doubt that life exists out there and that video, the man in the video is saying what i said many times before... Thats is why i always give the "17billion earthlike planets" example to try to show people how many chances there are for ET life... inteligence is other story. Superb video thanks!

thanks for the thanks but not my post! The vid under it was great too. In fact all his vids are!!

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#50    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

View Postseeder, on 27 January 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

thanks for the thanks but not my post! The vid under it was great too. In fact all his vids are!!

Yes i saw but i wasnt aware of it until now, good science mixed with humor, priceless! :)

RSOE EDIS - Emergency and Disaster Information Service App is available on site!

And just Russia Today...

#51    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,202 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 27 January 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

So on that basis, is it more likely that he did in fact see a fiery chariot, or might he have been symbolic, allegorical or metaphorical? Why assume that UFOs, 3000 or more years ago, would have looked the same as the 1950s sci fi ideas associated with words like "silver disk"?

I dont assume a ufo should look like anything, the modern stereotype is a disk. (But even so we have reports of triangles/tubes/ etc etc

Ezekiel mentions a wheel within a wheel, and artists renderings tend to inevitably end up somewhat disc shaped as a result, going by the description given that is. Perhaps people should read all of Ezekiels book rather than just the selected and over quoted passages - to get a grip on how he explained everything else as well.

As with Nostradamus's writings, they are open to interpretation.

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#52    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,202 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

heres a passage about Ezekiel from a Christian website.

"In Ezekiel’s case, God used dramatic imagery to get his message across. For example, in chapter 37, Ezekiel was given a vision of a valley of dry bones. Step by step, sinew and flesh attached to these bones until they came to life as a vast army. Was it meant to be taken literally? Not in this case, because God told Ezekiel that the story was ‘symbolic’ of Israel’s restoration to their homeland (they were in exile at the time).

The so-called UFO that Ezekiel saw was no different. No one saw it except Ezekiel. He describes wheels, wings, and living creatures that looked like burning coals and moved like flashes of lightning. Above this strange contraption were a throne and a figure that looked like a man with a brilliant light surrounding him. But right at the very beginning of the passage (vs. 1) and at the end (vs. 28), Ezekiel unmistakably pronounces that it is a vision of God. In verse 17, the ‘vehicle’ is described as going in all directions at the same time, which a real vehicle cannot do. This description is a reference to the fact that God is everywhere at the same time (omnipresent) and that he is not constrained to our understanding. The vision of a man was probably that of the preincarnate Christ.

Many UFO believers claim they place great store in the biblical texts but only when it suits their purposes to do so. It is incredible how often people take a passage of Scripture completely out of context to prove a pet theory. Masquerading angels have also falsely concocted a pseudo-philosophy to closely parallel the texts for their own evil aims. The Bible has become ‘fair game’ for those with their own agenda. I recall an investigator at a UFO meeting glowingly using the passage in Ezekiel to say that ‘even the Bible mentions UFOs.’ When I challenged his comment, pointing out that nowhere does Ezekiel use the term ‘ship’, ‘craft’ or any other word to describe a vehicle of any sort, and when I made the more important point that the text clearly describes the thing as a vision from God, he replied, ‘Yeah, but it’s still a UFO.’

I didn’t say what he wanted to hear. He had already made his mind up and brought his outside ideas to the Bible. He wanted to believe that it is a UFO, despite the intent of the author and the actual words written. This misreading of the Bible is sadly common in UFOlogy.

Bottom of page here
http://creation.com/...-first-approach

Edited by seeder, 27 January 2013 - 02:59 PM.

#53    Crikey

Crikey

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

• I just keep getting stronger..

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

Needless to say, the Bible doesn't have a monopoly on UFO sightings and close encounters, as they're also found in virtually every ancient culture and scripture such as just these 3 examples. Not only have they left us with written accounts, but some civisations have also left us with carved images of what they saw-

Posted Image

#54    Dark Vortex

Dark Vortex

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

I believe that they DO exist, and i would say a few theorys i have and/or heard. Our universe is ever expanding and has billions upon billions of galaxies with thousands of solar systems inside them, and people say that Earth is the ONLY planet with life. Yes, there is very intellegent life on other planets, yes they study us and maybe even test on us. hell, i've heard that they may have CREATED us. dinosaurs may have been a failed experiment, so they came back and wiped them out, they were getting too uncontrollable, and so they started over, using different methods and possibly some of their own DNA to make us. (prometheus is a good example of how) they made very mini versions of some of their first attempted creatures, like chickens (apparently they have a lot of the same genetic makeup as t-rex's) and now make trips back to see how this experiment is going, and if they have to pull the plug.

#55    Crikey

Crikey

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

• I just keep getting stronger..

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

View PostDark Vortex, on 28 January 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:

...dinosaurs may have been a failed experiment, so they came back and wiped them out..

Yes it's quite possible-

"Sorry kiddo, you're on the way out"
Posted Image

And it's also possible that the writing is on the wall for humans too unless they stop wrecking the planet-
"The time has come for judging the dead.. and for destroying those who destroy the earth" (Revelation 11:18 )

Edited by Crikey, 28 January 2013 - 08:20 AM.

#56    Muzzybluezzy

Muzzybluezzy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

View Postali smack, on 23 January 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

do you think they exist?
don't exist?
are visiting us?
not visiting us?

Aliens are the truth. But a whole lot of things about them are not told us. Hence for today we are ignorant about kinda issues like this. In time I believe we will find out such truths.

Posted Image

Usually they don't visit us, in fact lots of aliens already live among us in forms of normal human beings (sometimes, an old man or an old woman or a child) and we don't perceive the existence of them.

They don't disclose themselves in order to the world order continues without any problem. In other words due to aliens should control and monitor the world, they live among us by hiding their own existences. It's really important that you know that there are two realities: seemings (animals and us, short; material life) and invisibles (others and inner powers). God is the main transcendent power that rules these two realities. We experience this world with the conscious (or we might say this world is the world of the conscious), other reality is related to the unconscious (or, it can be said that other reality is the world of the spirit). Human is the total of these two creations.

Also and lastly; Russian prime minister Medvedev said that "aliens are among us"

#57    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

Scary -- not the aliens but Medvedev.

#58    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,202 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostMuzzybluezzy, on 28 January 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

I believe you will find Medvedev was taking the p***.  Thats why he ALSO said the answers can be found in the MEN IN BLACK movie...

you didnt really think that he was serious did you? :clap: :w00t:

#59    Muzzybluezzy

Muzzybluezzy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

View Postseeder, on 28 January 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

I believe you will find Medvedev was taking the p***.  Thats why he ALSO said the answers can be found in the MEN IN BLACK movie...
you didnt really think that he was serious did you? :clap: :w00t:

sorry for that :) also thanks for the heads up! in fact frankly I thought he was serious,because he was not the first politician that talks about aliens, for instance;
Ex-China Foreign Ministry Official says Extraterrestrials live among us

hence I believed him, but I never knew he was a kidder, I think he should be a comedian, not prime minister :)

Edited by Muzzybluezzy, 28 January 2013 - 07:12 PM.

#60    the dalek killer

the dalek killer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

i'd say it is a certainty
because we know life can survive in amazing extremes and from what we can tell the universe is infinite

saying earth is the only planet with life is like saying the room is a great movie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users