Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Would you want to know when the world ends?

doom and gloom end of the world end time the end were all doomed

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you want to know when the world ends? (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you want to know when the world ends?

1. Yes, I would want to know the exact time and date. (9 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. No, I would not want to know till it happens (5 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Neither, Speculating & leading others into doom & gloom is fun (1 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

So, just wondering.

Would you want to know when the end of the world comes? And why or why not?

Edited by Professor T, 23 January 2013 - 09:49 PM.

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,413 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

I won't derail with my beliefs that it really doesn't - technically - but I wouldn't want to know day and hour.  I think it is easier to have hope and to keep striving when the end game is unknown.  At least, when the battle is difficult and our faith is being tested.  Strengthening faith through trials is an important thing to me. It's no fun, but neither is running or weight lifting :yes:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#3    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Great question.

I haven't answered the survey yet though. I can't decide.

It would depend as well i think. Like circumstances etc.

If it was instant then most likely no, because sometimes ignorance is bliss. But then i would like to say by to my loved ones and go out of my way to spend time with them.

If it was long and suffering then yes, if it was too horrible then I think the choice of suicide would be nice.

Such a difficult thing to consider.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#4    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Yes. It would be interesting to see the immortality complex of mankind vanish as we grow closer to the end...and I get to say "If I'm going down, you're coming with me...just don't follow me though." :passifier:

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#5    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

View Postand then, on 23 January 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

I won't derail with my beliefs that it really doesn't - technically - but I wouldn't want to know day and hour.  I think it is easier to have hope and to keep striving when the end game is unknown.  At least, when the battle is difficult and our faith is being tested.  Strengthening faith through trials is an important thing to me. It's no fun, but neither is running or weight lifting :yes:

Peoples beliefs are part & parcel to this.. I know yours already, but feel free to express them.

#6    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

View Postand then, on 23 January 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

View PostProfessor T, on 23 January 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

Peoples beliefs are part & parcel to this.. I know yours already, but feel free to express them.

I agree, the point of the forum is to discuss all experiences and avenues. So you shouldn't hold back. :tu:

#7    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,426 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

It would depend on who told me the news and under what circumstances and whether I believe them or not.

So basically, its a don`t know....yet.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#8    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

View PostCoffey, on 23 January 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

Great question.

I haven't answered the survey yet though. I can't decide.

It would depend as well i think. Like circumstances etc.

If it was instant then most likely no, because sometimes ignorance is bliss. But then i would like to say by to my loved ones and go out of my way to spend time with them.

If it was long and suffering then yes, if it was too horrible then I think the choice of suicide would be nice.

Such a difficult thing to consider.

The Circumstances of the end could be anything at all.. It could be long and painful. It could be short and painless, either way would you want to know? I guess I'm wondering why so many threads exist here pertaining to the end of the world, so in a way I'm wondering why this facination in the End of the world? There is admitably a horrible facination in watching you-tube clips of meteor strikes, or ungodly alien invasions, or end time prophecies and angels blowing trumpets to herald the end and fire anfd brimstone falling from the skies..

Personally I think this facination if born of the innevitability of our own deaths, and in many cases it's become an industry packing lost's of $$$, lol.. As an industry though, it feeds on us suckers. And we support it and perpetuate it, and in one UM Members case, move their families to so-called safe zones were the waves wont get them, or the invasion forces wont go..

#9    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 16,097 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

Give me about two months if it is going to be total destruction! There will be parties with people we love and don't get to see that often like we have never done before!

#10    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 23 January 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

The Circumstances of the end could be anything at all.. It could be long and painful. It could be short and painless, either way would you want to know? I guess I'm wondering why so many threads exist here pertaining to the end of the world, so in a way I'm wondering why this facination in the End of the world? There is admitably a horrible facination in watching you-tube clips of meteor strikes, or ungodly alien invasions, or end time prophecies and angels blowing trumpets to herald the end and fire anfd brimstone falling from the skies..

Personally I think this facination if born of the innevitability of our own deaths, and in many cases it's become an industry packing lost's of $$$, lol.. As an industry though, it feeds on us suckers. And we support it and perpetuate it, and in one UM Members case, move their families to so-called safe zones were the waves wont get them, or the invasion forces wont go..

Oh I really don't know which I'd choose. lol

Yeah I've done it myself watching those videos. I agree it probably is the fact one day we all individually die. Hollywood cashes in on anything that us suckers find fascinating. Especially when we go through fads.

#11    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,329 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

I would say yes so I can be sure I'm drunk when it happens.  :innocent:

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#12    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 23 January 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

It would depend on who told me the news and under what circumstances and whether I believe them or not.

So basically, its a don`t know....yet.

Honestly.. Would it matter who delivered the message?

If Obama called a press conference and said "Hey guy's world will end in three days" Would everyone believe him?
Would the likes of Alex Jones or other 3rd party news sources support him in what he said? Within minutes.. no, seconds, his words would be rubished on the foums and in the news by every conspriacy theorist there is saying "No, no, this is a ploy to create commuter chaos and reduce population" or "Nah, false flag.. the hour will come, nothing will happen, then some GI joe   Lance Armstrong will claim he's saved the world!"

Edited by Professor T, 24 January 2013 - 12:04 AM.

#13    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

View Postlittle_dreamer, on 23 January 2013 - 11:37 PM, said:

I would say yes so I can be sure I'm drunk when it happens.  :innocent:

:lol: My doctor say's I'm not aloud to drink..
But what the hell, the end of the world would be a perfect oportunity to get plastered & suffer no hangover..

#14    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,329 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 23 January 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:

:lol: My doctor say's I'm not aloud to drink..
But what the hell, the end of the world would be a perfect oportunity to get plastered & suffer no hangover..

<<<World ends>>>>

"I drank so much, it didn't hurt. I didn't feel a thing." ;)

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#15    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

If you had the choice I'd still say none of the above!

Yes, I would want to know the exact time and date.   Be very careful what you wish for you might get it!
It would be an awesome burden of knowing and who if any to share it.

No, I would not want to know till it happens
It doesn't  matter when it happens because we should live each day as if it is the last anyway.

Neither, Speculating & leading others into doom & gloom is fun
I can't really agree with that one either because too much doom and gloom is not fun.
Although I must admit I laugh at speculations some really believe and then seem upset it doesn't happen!

Edited by White Unicorn, 24 January 2013 - 12:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users