Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

California enduring a "Freezing Epidemic."

jimmy kimmel california funny arctic

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

Saw this on Jimmy Kimmel and had to share. He's reporting on the "Arctic Front," or at least that's how the people in California think of it, and how California is having to "endure" the past few days haha.

#2    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,401 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

That was last week's news, California had warmed up since then...temps hit the upper 80s in the deserts (hot enough for ya?) and goodness, it's still January. Laughable for colder climates throughout the country, but goes to show how warm climates react towards temps enough to freeze water in swimming pools, puddles and lawns.

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

#3    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

If they get a single snowflake,they shut down the freeways .
Which the east coast laughs about,but then the eaat coast gets a 2.2 EQ,with aftershocks,and we cry under the table like big babies .
It's all a matter of what you're used to I think .

Miss me?

#4    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

View PostTsa-La-Gie Oyate, on 24 January 2013 - 02:08 AM, said:

That was last week's news, California had warmed up since then...temps hit the upper 80s in the deserts (hot enough for ya?) and goodness, it's still January. Laughable for colder climates throughout the country, but goes to show how warm climates react towards temps enough to freeze water in swimming pools, puddles and lawns.
Yeah, I knew this wasn't "New" news, but I I thought Jimmy Kimmels "report" on it was rather funny.

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 24 January 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

If they get a single snowflake,they shut down the freeways .
Which the east coast laughs about,but then the eaat coast gets a 2.2 EQ,with aftershocks,and we cry under the table like big babies .
It's all a matter of what you're used to I think .

Very true! I was born and raised in North Dakota before moving to Colorado, of which we were used to winter temps being in the Negatives for a high, so I'm very used to the actual cold temps. Again, as you said though, it's all a matter of perspective. People in ND would be FREAKING if they had an Eathquake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users