Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Looking for a First-person Shooter on Xbox360

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16    MidKn13ght

MidKn13ght

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

• The world is MINE!!!!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Boarderlands 2 is pretty sweet. just got that myself and dont need to play online to get full experince,(i dont think) Gears of war 3 is pretty good. I dont do the CoD franchize. another one i recommend isnt a FPS but is pretty damn fun, darksiders 2 :rofl:

#17    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

I'll recommend Borderlands 2 as well, it's a really good game.

And of course if you haven't played the first one then you can probably pick that up cheap as well. :tu:

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#18    NemoMysterio

NemoMysterio

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

• And that's the bottom line...

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

Aliens: Colonial Marines is out soon too

#19    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

Expert Procrastinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

• I make blog entries with stupid jokes and post them to the internet.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Far Cry 3. It's one of the best FPS games I've ever played and it has an amazing, gripping story. The characters, gameplay, setting, just everything about the game is great. Highly recommend it! Also, like everyone else, I suggest you get BioShock. Both are great, but BioShock 1 is better IMO, 2 is still good though. Plus, BioShock Infinite is coming out in a few months, so it might be a good idea to play the first two now so you can be familiar with the franchise and how it all works.

Check out my paranormal news blog on Tumblr! TheParanormalBlog.Tumblr.com

#20    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• 1,298 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

There's a lot of awesome games other than COD, however the OP was asking which was preferred: Modern Warfare 3 or Black Ops 2.

#21    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

View PostColoradoParanormal, on 26 January 2013 - 12:02 AM, said:

There's a lot of awesome games other than COD, however the OP was asking which was preferred: Modern Warfare 3 or Black Ops 2.

Actually he said that the obvious choices were between those two, but wanted our opinion on others.

"The obvious choice is between Black Ops and Modern Warfare, but I thought I'd ask the UM community about which game they think has the best Single Player experience.  Is it COD, MW, or something else?"

#22    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

View PostNemoMysterio, on 24 January 2013 - 11:16 PM, said:

Aliens: Colonial Marines is out soon too

2/12/13 check out the videos here http://www.gamestop....nes/69386#media

And Dead Space 3 is also due 2/5/13.

Two FPS to consider out early next month.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#23    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:52 AM

There are multiple accounts on youtube that uploaded walkthrough on Aliens: Colonial Marines... I think I'll pass on this game.

The gameplay doesnt appear to be all that unique or original. It actually looks kinda crappy CoD-like with all these nonplayer characters constantly barking orders and warnings all the time.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#24    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,725 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:19 AM

Call of duty are great fps.gears of war is a thrid person game.try geting call of duty 2 it launched with the 360  great games and under 10 dollars

#25    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,709 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

View Postcoolguy, on 11 February 2013 - 05:19 AM, said:

Call of duty are great fps.gears of war is a thrid person game.try geting call of duty 2 it launched with the 360  great games and under 10 dollars

COD2 was awesome for a launch title! I might go back and play that again actually.

#26    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

I agree, CoD is still the best if one likes these types of shooters.

The problem now is Dead Space 3, Aliens: Colonial Marines, etc have chosen to go the way of action-oriented FPS CoD-like.

Now that I have played Dead Space 1, and got sick of all the backtracking and all the narrow corridors and the telegraphed scares. I don't care much that Dead Space has gone the way of CoD. I hear Dead Space 2 has more random and scarier moments. But still... ONLY backtracking through corridors and ONLY clearing rooms of nasties WHILE playing the errand boy gets old after a while.

The problem with FPS going the way of CoD is really is it all basically boils down to "take the hill" type action with little brooding atmosphere, little puzzle solving, little strategy leaves little to the imagination of the player.

#27    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,709 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

Sorry to stray from the topic for a second, but did any of you guys play Batman: Arkham City? That was probably one of the most epic games I've ever played.

#28    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 11 February 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

Sorry to stray from the topic for a second, but did any of you guys play Batman: Arkham City? That was probably one of the most epic games I've ever played.

You can post a thread about it if you want but no I haven't played Arkham City.

I have Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition and that game has awesome graphics and great gameplay.

My only complaint is there really isnt any combos to learn at least at the stage of the game I am in. Really all it takes is alot of rapid X, Y, X, Y (blue, yellow) button punching. There is really nothing to it at this point. However, I am still pretty early in the game and haven't encountered too many bosses or armed convicts.

But the graphics are awesome, love the fight choreography, and the Batman tech.

And what I love most of all it is so delightfully faithful to the source material. Nolan should have taken notes from these game designers!

If you are a  DC Comics or a Batman fan, what are you doing without this title in your collection?

#29    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,651 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

View PostParanoid Android, on 24 January 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

So I've started playing my Xbox again recently.  I bought Halo 4 (big Halo fan) and really loved the story Arc.  But alas, it ended too quickly.  Even replaying it on Legendary only made the same story a little longer so I sent it back for a refund.

These days much of the Xbox gamer community is focused on Xbox Live, unfortunately I don't have a Live account.  First, I don't want to pay 100 bucks a year to sign up.  Second, I don't want to end up spending all my time on the console (which would happen if I paid for Xbox Live).  Unfortunately, this also means that much of the content of games is unavailable to me.  I can't engage in endless multiplayer skirmishes.  The fun of my gaming must be enjoyed in the storyline arcs and gameplay of Single player combat.  

So with that in mind, I am looking for a First-person shooter to hold my interest.  Halo 4 (already played) was good (great storyline, actually), but because it was so short it left me wanting more.  The obvious choice is between Black Ops and Modern Warfare, but I thought I'd ask the UM community about which game they think has the best Single Player experience.  Is it COD, MW, or something else?

Any help is appreciate :tu:

~ Regards, PA

Check out Far Cry 3.

It's s Sandbox / FPS that has gorgeous graphics, a compelling story, and a great single player mode.

Bioshock: Infinite is coming out - you should check that out.

As well as Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas. You should expect to see Fallout: New Vegas 2 here pretty soon.

Hey, don't like my opinions? I can respect that. Just realize guns allow you to have that opinion without being labeled as mentally insane for questioning the state.

Political abuse of psychiatry in the USSR: http://en.wikipedia....he_Soviet_Union

#30    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

I would NOT recommend Black ops 2 for the single player campaign, I have played it and it is really short, a lot shorter than what I would of liked... It is good on multiplayer though

I would recommend what Kipperphoenix and Eonwe have recommended,....  Far Cry 3

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users