Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Looking for a First-person Shooter on Xbox360

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,717 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

Heard that Aliens Colonial Marines was a let down. Anybody play it yet?

#32    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:46 AM

View PostJackofalltrades, on 15 February 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

I would NOT recommend Black ops 2 for the single player campaign, I have played it and it is really short, a lot shorter than what I would of liked... It is good on multiplayer though

I would recommend what Kipperphoenix and Eonwe have recommended,....  Far Cry 3

I didnt think too much of Far Cry Instincts Predator and Far Cry 2, the game's AI can be unpredictably very stupid and unpredictably very smart. And the latter makes the game rather difficult because enemy NPCs will spawn right next to you or will instantly locate you were you are well hid. Other times like the former, these NPCs will spend hours with their backs turned to you until you kill them. I heard the XBOX version of Far Cry Instincts is better than the shorter 360's Instincts Predator. I also dont like the fact about FC2 is that you are basically an errand boy throughout the whole game.

On that note, two strikes against the FC franchise, should I give FC3 a shot when the pre-owned price goes down?

View PostWoIverine, on 16 February 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

I almost bought this game but two youtube users uploaded long video walkthroughs on the game and I thought it looked very sucky. Perform a yt search "Alien Colonial Marines walkthrough" and see for yourself if this game is for you.

Edited by B Jenkins, 18 February 2013 - 03:47 AM.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#33    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

Ever since watching Angry Joe's review of Far Cry 3, I catch stop listening to the main theme of the game. It is haunting and beautiful and strangely moving.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#34    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 16 February 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

Wolverine and everybody, if you are interested in a great review of Aliens Colonial Marines -- go to youtube and search "Aliens Colonial Marines Angry Joe Reviews".

He gives an brilliant rundown on the whole game and all of its features then proceeds to rip it a new one with some hilarity!

I have been watching  Angry Joe Reviews on youtube since last week after I got back into gaming big time and this dude really knows his stuff.

I posted a thread devoted to the review but its has since been deleted by a mod as I did forewarn viewers there was strong language due to frequent f-bombs.

Then I watched his review for Far Cry 3 and he convinced me that this game is quite a leap above its predecessors. I want to play it if not own now.

#35    Nathan DiYorio

Nathan DiYorio

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Bitter words with sweet flavor are poison just the same.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:10 AM

Perfect Dark is available via XBLA.

You know you want to ;3

(I'm not sure if you know this, but you don't need a Gold Membership account to download games from the Arcade.)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users