Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Possible $20tr. shale oil find in Australia

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,219 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 25 January 2013 - 12:56 AM, said:

Good thing Bush isn't in office lol.

Go to 12:03 of this video

Haliburton ceo Dyck Cheney before vise pres invented or rejuvinated the proccess over riding the safty of ground water.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#17    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,893 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:10 AM

Well that put a frackin kabosh on our moment of glory. Oh well back to pridefully lauding our Koalas, Emus and Kangaroos.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#18    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,359 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 26 January 2013 - 03:38 AM, said:

Shale oil or gas requires Fracking and the practice is yet to be proven safe. Don`t jump the gun as Fracking could prove the saying if it`s to could to be true it usually is.
It is likely that fracking will turn out doing less damage than normal drilling practices.  I would suggest you do a web search for something like "benefits and harms of fracking" so you can get both sides of the story.

#19    chopmo

chopmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

• aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

Our country has ABSOLUTELY S***LOADS of Oil, Uranium, Poppyseeds and other resources but our governments are paid to not touch them by the superpowers as we would upset the balance... somehow. This shale oil find as big as it is, I think is a last resort rabbit in the hat trick that Julia Gillard is using to try keep the people on her side as she has pretty much done her dash already and people are starting to listen to Tony Abbott as big of a tool he is. The thing that p***es me off the most about this, is as big as a find as it is Australian Fuel prices would drop from $1.50 a Litre to $1.25 a Litre :@. I think they country needs a complete new political party then the two that control the country.

Ruddy needs his own party of LOYAL supporters.

why is everyone so &^%$ing concerned with "the end"...
new beginnings is what you should be concerned about...

#20    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,752 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

please, we knpw that after such a find the petrol price eould fall from $1.50 to $1.70.  Afterll al, we'd havr to cover the cost of fracking it up (and fracking up the great arteseasn basin).

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users