Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Yemeni Al-Qaeda commander killed

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16    Ugly1

Ugly1

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

View Postand then, on 25 January 2013 - 04:03 AM, said:

Do you think that walking away and just allowing them to operate unhindered is the answer?  Is it your belief that they would stop their aggressive moves if we stopped?  And if so, why do you think it?  What evidence of such an action by them have you seen?

Well the thing is that the Taliban is in no way a super power. While they have the resources to reach out and cause random attacks, so do I or anyone else in the world. If you want to die, you can become a terrorist and make it happen.  Why I mention that they are not a super power is because they are limited to how they can attack. They have to do snake in the grass type attacks to get anything done. I would imagine the majority of the Taliban do not have resources to do anything other than local terror attacks. So in my mind if we quit p***ing off the locals and making them feel that they should join the Taliban, than they would combat the Taliban on their own. If you have a small or even large terrorist group in that part of the world that is causing grief in their own communities, I guarantee they take care of it themselves. We wouldn't need a war on terror. We would then need the red cross to be sent to Afghanistan to aid the starving, homeless taliban. Hell, just look at Egypt, Syria, and Lybia.

People on that side of the globe are getting much more educated and are tired of being shat on.If we go over there and look like we are dropping the feces well they are going to go against us. If we let them see that the feces is coming from their own kinfolk, they will clean up the stinch themselves.

#17    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,170 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostUgly1, on 30 January 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

Well the thing is that the Taliban is in no way a super power. While they have the resources to reach out and cause random attacks, so do I or anyone else in the world. If you want to die, you can become a terrorist and make it happen.  Why I mention that they are not a super power is because they are limited to how they can attack. They have to do snake in the grass type attacks to get anything done. I would imagine the majority of the Taliban do not have resources to do anything other than local terror attacks. So in my mind if we quit p***ing off the locals and making them feel that they should join the Taliban, than they would combat the Taliban on their own. If you have a small or even large terrorist group in that part of the world that is causing grief in their own communities, I guarantee they take care of it themselves. We wouldn't need a war on terror. We would then need the red cross to be sent to Afghanistan to aid the starving, homeless taliban. Hell, just look at Egypt, Syria, and Lybia.

People on that side of the globe are getting much more educated and are tired of being shat on.If we go over there and look like we are dropping the feces well they are going to go against us. If we let them see that the feces is coming from their own kinfolk, they will clean up the stinch themselves.
19 guys with box cutters, a little cash and some imagination managed to damn near wreck the economy of the US so the "snake in the grass" bit is still pretty impressive, wouldn't you say?  As to what happens in their backyard, I agree with you.  We should leave.  I think it is awful what will happen to all those who trusted us and helped out because they'll probably be butchered.  But we cannot create a free country where no overwhelming desire exists for freedom.  Hell, we're barely hanging on to our own.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users