Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

US ends ban on women in frontline combat

leon panetta women combat ban

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#31    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,834 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

View PostAntilles, on 25 January 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

Anyone who has served in the military knows that women are the soft target.

Not because they aren't as capable and in many cases almost as strong, but because the men will always go in to save them or to defend them.

How do you screw around with the enemy when they have female combatants?

Go after the women.

Women should not be front line grunts. They put their male counterparts in an untenable position. No man worth his name is going to walk away and leave a woman behind. That's just the fact. And women can argue up and down and around but the basic fact is, they put the men they serve with in danger.

There are many service positions behind the lines that women can fill way better than men.

Ridiculous, and simply untrue. In the Canadian military we allow women in the infantry and this is not an issue,

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#32    bacca

bacca

Puppet master of Vision

• 2,424 posts

• Allasourous
    Jan 2003-Sept 25 2005
    Have a SUPER SPARKLEY DAY

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

We already have female casualties in war, not being on the front lines does not mean no deaths...

I want to make sure I understand some of the points here....men are unable to control themselves and continue to do their job properly if there is a female who is in danger or harmed therefore women should not be allowed? And this makes sense to anyone?

Women on the front lines will somehow harm the military how exactly? What will a woman do that is so harmful?

And since women cry at movies they will somehow have mental breaks or be unable to cope with seeing bad things? This is such a sexist comment it makes me feel sorry for anyone who would still be so backward to believe it!

Commit random acts of kindness

Careful what you wish for, you just might get it!!!

#33    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,281 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Lucky for me that I'm getting too old to be drafted.

What I found strange is that I am 5 foot 6 inches tall, and probably taller and possibly stronger than some men who have already participated in combat.   There's a lot of variation in human size and anatomy.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#34    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

Good news. If they're qualified for the positions there's no reason why they should be banned from them.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#35    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,718 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

i have nothing against it, will see how it'll work in real world

RESIDENT TROLL.

#36    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,703 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Well, I guess the up-side to this, if there is any,
is that a US female soldier held hostage can rest assured that 200 special ops men are after a rescue, uh sex, uh, rescue.

Edited by pallidin, 25 January 2013 - 05:58 PM.

#37    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,703 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

But seriously, I don't know what it is about a man's desire to more protect a female-versus-male.

Maybe it's 'cause our mothers nurtured us far more than our dads, and we thus have some "hard-wired" desire to protect.

I don't know. But I do know that I would be MUCH MORE concerned about a female soldier injury than a males.

But maybe that's just me. I LOVE women.   :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by pallidin, 25 January 2013 - 06:08 PM.

#38    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,086 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Being a soldier and having been to Afghanistan. I can tell you that I had no more want to protect female soldiers then I did male soldiers. After all they are all soldiers. Sure I was more concerned about specific trades of soldiers because they didnt recieve more combat related training, but for the women who where out with us in the CLPs if they had to they could shoot just as good as the men. If a soldier can do there job then hell let them.

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#39    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

This is all another secret communist attempt to weaken the family in the U.S.A. and pave the way for an unstoppable government to control all aspects of your life.

How?

By allowing women to serve in the front lines sets a precedent.  Once this is accepted, then women will be included in the draft.  Then a draft will be called, which will take away mothers from their families, and create more people that will be dependent on the government to survive.  Inch by inch, the enemy within gains a better foothold...

#40    THE MATRIX

THE MATRIX

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

Looks likes the males posters here who are against women in combat are feeling threatened. LOL!

#41    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,289 posts

• ראה

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

It's Obama and the Defense Department's gift to Hillary upon her departure from the State Department. I can't imagine what her legacy will be, beyond the Arab Spring, so this is her conciliation prize.

They're establishing a mindset for 2016, when she can play Joan of Arc. It's hard to imagine a female Commander in Chief, when you can't see them on a white horse at the head of a troop of men.

Posted Image

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#42    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,438 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

I've never witnessed, in any forum, such an initial gang tackle of sexist statements.

Step back for a minute. Women are generally smaller, thereby having quicker reflexes.

Modern war isn't about '300 Spartans', hacking it out on a causeway. It's about reflex. If a woman can take that place, why not?

#43    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:41 AM

View PostStellar, on 25 January 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

Ridiculous, and simply untrue. In the Canadian military we allow women in the infantry and this is not an issue,

Prove it.

#44    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,438 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

View Postlittle_dreamer, on 25 January 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

Lucky for me that I'm getting too old to be drafted.

What I found strange is that I am 5 foot 6 inches tall, and probably taller and possibly stronger than some men who have already participated in combat.   There's a lot of variation in human size and anatomy.

At 5' 6", you're taller than Audie Murphy. Apparently he was 5' 5", 110 lbs.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

#45    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,976 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:34 AM

View Postaztek, on 25 January 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

i have nothing against it, will see how it'll work in real world
Exactly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users