Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Patterson Gimlin Foot Tracks.

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1    danbell06

danbell06

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

• BNAG.... < That's Bang out of order!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Look faked to me. :td:

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Posted Image

#2    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

The stride does seem to be a little short on those and they do have that......."set-there-on-purpose" look to them. Just a little too sharp and clear.

#3    danbell06

danbell06

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

The toes are too pronounced. The distance from one track to another is ridiculously short, and at 20 seconds on the video there side by side as if the subject has jumped and landed on both feet.
Now I've never seen a bigfoot track in person but I know if I went and stood outside in the snow or mud It certainly wouldn't have as much definition as the toes, that are shown on this film.

Screams Hoax to me. Which in turn makes me re-think my views on the PGF. :unsure2:

The tracks are quite reminiscent of a fellow called Ray Wallace.

Edited by danbell06, 24 January 2013 - 11:30 PM.

Posted Image

#4    Insanity

Insanity

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

• "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft, "The Tomb", Published 1922

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

I am not certain these are from the P/G site.  The tracks do not appear to match the casts made from the P/G site, and in fact look more like the fakes reportedly made by Ray Wallace.  The construction site that his brother owned/supervised, was on or near a long dirt road if I recall.

Also the same video appeared on Cryptomundo today, and the poster said it mysterious arrived by email, and said to be of John Green's investigation near Bluff Creek.

Both the Wallace construction site and the P/G site where at/near Bluff Creek, so just by the little info given so far, one cannot say which site it is of, though my guess is the Wallace.

Edited by Insanity, 24 January 2013 - 11:58 PM.

"We see things only as we are constructed to see them, and can gain no idea of their absolute nature. With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos, yet other beings with wider, stronger, or different range of senses might not only see very differently the things we see, but might see and study whole worlds of matter, energy, and life which lie close at hand yet can never be detected with the senses we have." - H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond" Published 1934

#5    danbell06

danbell06

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

View PostInsanity, on 24 January 2013 - 11:51 PM, said:

I am not certain these are from the P/G site.  The tracks do not appear to match the casts made from the P/G site, and in fact look more like the fakes reportedly made by Ray Wallace.  The construction site that his brother owned/supervised, was on or near a long dirt road if I recall.

Also the same video appeared on Cryptomundo today, and the poster said it mysterious arrived by email, and said to be of John Green's investigation near Bluff Creek.

Both the Wallace construction site and the P/G site where at/near Bluff Creek, so just by the little info given so far, one cannot say which site it is of, though my guess is the Wallace.

You've put it into perspective now. I thought the prints were very Wallace-esque. The fact that it has been put on another site allegedly mysteriously by email speaks volumes about the credibility of it.

Posted Image

#6    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

At around 1:30 there 's a shot of a line of footprints that are 'way too aligned: go look at human tracks in the snow and you'll see the left and right footprints are staggered, not in a single line.

#7    Insanity

Insanity

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

• "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft, "The Tomb", Published 1922

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

View Postdanbell06, on 25 January 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

You've put it into perspective now. I thought the prints were very Wallace-esque. The fact that it has been put on another site allegedly mysteriously by email speaks volumes about the credibility of it.

I am not saying it is not an authentic film of John Green doing an investigation, I think that perhaps the stated site is incorrect.  The closeup of the tracks early in the film do look quite similar to those reportedly made by Ray Wallace, even the squarish toes and ball of the foot look darn close, at least from memory.

The video post at CM was titled, "The Missing P/G Film Footage", and the caption reads "This video mysteriously showed up in my email one day. It features John Green’s investigation of an area near Bluff Creek."  I think perhaps the poster may have assumed Bluff Creek meant the P/G site.

Just my thoughts.  I am sure someone with images at their fingertips will be able to point the same out if is such.

"We see things only as we are constructed to see them, and can gain no idea of their absolute nature. With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos, yet other beings with wider, stronger, or different range of senses might not only see very differently the things we see, but might see and study whole worlds of matter, energy, and life which lie close at hand yet can never be detected with the senses we have." - H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond" Published 1934

#8    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

Posted Image

Got this off Jeffrey Meldrum's Facebook page. I think it's rather interesting.

#9    Insanity

Insanity

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

Just seen the same too it fact.

#10    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

There is something else to consider, it you'd like. If this is a guy in a costume then the large feet would most likely not have had any real attention paid to it. Looking at the photo, those feet are believable......I mean, just looking at them......which is all we can really do. Then when you look at the footprint cast, you don't see a smaller foot print within a larger print, it's pretty uniform. I don't know if the film is real or faked, seems every time I look at it I find something new to make me wonder in both directions.

Then too, why put boobs on it in the sixties? See what I'm saying? It just makes me wonder.

#11    danbell06

danbell06

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

That cast is definately from that foot. Big-foot.

Edited by danbell06, 25 January 2013 - 01:27 AM.

Posted Image

#12    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

It certainly look like it did, but then it can be deceiving.....pictures all blurry and at a slight angle, but I have to agree it looks interesting.

#13    danbell06

danbell06

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

I wonder if an overlay of foot and cast would show a match.

Attached Files

Posted Image

#14    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

What really strikes me as interesting is the second toe over from the big toe. Dimple underneath, the toe is slightly out of whack with the others and it seems to match up in the cast.

#15    Night Walker

Night Walker

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

From the hoax perspective: Why would you create an impression that differs from the foot of the costume?

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users