Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Patterson Gimlin Foot Tracks.

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#61    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,866 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

View PostNight Walker, on 01 February 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

What of Patty's uniformly hairy breasts? Only possible via fabrication?

I had wondered that once too. But I looked at pictures of lactating apes and the amount of breast hair did vary from none, to a bit hairy- but possibly long hair that overhangs the breasts? Hard to tell from photos.
However, Patty's again to me looks like carpet/fur covered breasts. I know gorillas have hair, but theirs is carpet-thick/fur-like to me as opposed to obvious hair of chimps or orangutans that have areas of thinning . But the gorilla mothers have barer breasts, again trying to discern from I-net photos and a controversial bf photo.

#62    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,866 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

View Postsetsuna2275, on 01 February 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

Strange... Bigfoot Walked on The side of the road see the footprints... Bigfoot never walked on the center... Oh well Maybe Bigfoot is hitching for a ride!!!

According to some, bigfoot likes to tread off the beaten path if possible, to help cover his tracks. Bf is very clever remember. However, some bf don't get the memo or are a tease- here a track, there a track.

#63    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,204 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 31 January 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

I'm not sure what you mean and i'm not looking for an explanation. I am in no shortage of attitude, and i apologize for that.
Then how about if I clarify...  lol. Taking the position "it does not exist", is the high ground. It's a nice warm & fuzzy place to be, and at times that's where I wish I were.

But I want you to know, in no way do I look down on anyone doing research into a sincere belief in bigfoot.
Hoaxers, fame-seekers, scammers, and those who beg for ridicule (imo, obviously) I offer no mercy, true.
But I would never think myself above you in any way for the belief you hold or the searching you do. No matter how I come across.
Heck, I'd go out looking with any sincere searcher, and enjoy myself tremendously without ever feeling the slightest bit of superiority.
In fact, I love to learn anything... anywhere. And I take every opportunity to learn something, and don't doubt I would learn from you as you had things to show me.
Now, I may not see bigfoot evidence, Stardrive, but I'd learn about your stomping ground and your areas of knowledge and interests.
And why you believe what you believe. And I know I'd be impressed!
I appreciate that QC. Yeah there's alot of disinformation out there that's for sure. And just for record, I'm not writing a book, belong to a research organization, nor seek any attention (good or bad) from the fruits of my searching. I will admit my findings are not anything that have been reported by others who research, as far as I know. I've attempted to explain it to other researchers but I've been shunned by them. I've attempted to get a scientist to look at it with no luck there either. The search will continue nonetheless, but only on a personal level. I've invited keninsc to come for a visit so he could see for himself. I hope he takes me up on it. His help and expertise would be most welcome and I know I'd learn alot from him.

Posted Image

#64    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,204 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

View PostNight Walker, on 31 January 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

It doesn't exist.
I doesn't exist to the best of your knowledge.

I don't know. For me it is not about belief but about evidence. I don't have to believe that there is no evidence otherwise we wouldn't be discussing this on a mystery forum. I would change my position should actual evidence arise
I'm curious as to what you would consider "actual" evidence.

Posted Image

#65    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,866 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

View PostStardrive, on 01 February 2013 - 11:11 PM, said:

I've invited keninsc to come for a visit so he could see for himself. I hope he takes me up on it. His help and expertise would be most welcome and I know I'd learn alot from him.

We lived in Virginia for 3 years. Beautiful valleys, and so pretty to fly over. My husband loved to ride his Hondas and Harleys on the Blue Ridge Parkway. We enjoyed camping along the James River with our boys.
If we still lived there, my husband and I would gladly join you. He looks tough, but he's really much much nicer than I am. :P

Edited by QuiteContrary, 01 February 2013 - 11:39 PM.

#66    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:45 AM

I hope to take Stardrive up on his very kind invitation in the near future. I think we could learn from each other.

Although, I have been called a cross between Grizzly Adams, Moses and a Neo-Nazi when I head out into the woods. So I hope if I were ever to meet your husband QC I didn't freak him out.

My own speculations about this creature suggests that they do have certain "habits" or it's probably better described as "tendencies" because like Stardrive points out, not all the Bigfoots seem to get the memos about what they're supposed to do. For instance most Bigfoot sighting in broken wooded areas tend to be someone saw a Biggy walking parallel to them, but not on a trail. If this were any other creature than an alleged Biggy, this would be considered "stalking activity". Not so much hunting, although hunting could be a function of what they're doing or just plain curiosity about what it's seeing. Monkeys are curious as all get out and so are humans so it's not like there isn't anything to base an assumption on to begin with and we, or at least I can attest to the fact that people are curious, don't all follow the same patterns, do odd things from time to time......and did I mention curious? Not to mention there have been a number of supposed sighting where there were single females or multiple females or children. I can't speak on behalf of the local Bigfoot Chapter in my area, but I been known to follow girls around from time to time. Well, until the judge made me promise not to do it any more but that another story completely. Ok, we won't talk about that any more.....will we?

This would also tend to explain why with so many as it would take to support a breeding population there are relatively few footprints found in a given area. Now why hasn't there been a body found.......those meddling porcupines! Seriously, the only semi-reasonable explanation I have ever come up with is they tend to stay off the beaten path, for whatever reason, so when they die they are apt to do so in those same places where people don't go so much.......because the path is a hundred meters to the left and it's a lot easier walking over there. That is not a panacea explanation, it's as wholly as an old pair of my drawers, but I think it's a place to start.

I should say again I am in massive hopes that Stardrive and I can hook up and do a little look out in Southwestern Virgina, and hell even if we don't find anything we can enjoy being out is nature and making friends. Hell guys, if you need more reason than that to do something then there's something missing in your life.

#67    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

View PostStardrive, on 01 February 2013 - 11:21 PM, said:

A specimen - preferably several.

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#68    dharma warrior

dharma warrior

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 242 posts

• "Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid.

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

Funny stuff

#69    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,204 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

View PostStardrive, on 27 January 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

But you have to remember until such a creature is turned into science for study, even compelling "evidence" is inconclusive at best.

View PostNight Walker, on 28 January 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

There is good reason that even compelling evidence is inconclusive at best and it has nothing to do with a creature as yet uncategorised by science

View PostStardrive, on 01 February 2013 - 11:21 PM, said:

View PostNight Walker, on 02 February 2013 - 06:13 AM, said:

A specimen - preferably several.
As I was saying....

Posted Image

#70    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,204 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 01 February 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

According to some, bigfoot likes to tread off the beaten path if possible, to help cover his tracks. Bf is very clever remember. However, some bf don't get the memo or are a tease- here a track, there a track.
E I E I O. Ha! I've seen footlike impressions in the ground, but when it comes to prints I'm not good enough to know what I'm looking at. That's where ken comes in. He can also help verifying game trail manipulation and herding techniques to a kill zone amongst other things.

Posted Image

#71    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

View PostStardrive, on 02 February 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

As I was saying....

That's the Bigfoot 2-step. Whether you are a believer/knower/experiencer, skeptic, or on the fence we are all engaged in this merry dance that goes round and round. Where there is Life there is Hope or Where there is Hope there is Life? Either way, we all get what we're really after (except a specimen - that would ruin everything for everyone!)

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#72    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,204 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Maybe you were just testing to see if I was paying attention this time...lol   I'm not into the psychological side of this. But I am into the learning new things side of it.

Posted Image

#73    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,214 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

View PostStardrive, on 03 February 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

Maybe you were just testing to see if I was paying attention this time...lol   I'm not into the psychological side of this. But I am into the learning new things side of it.

No offense at all. After reading through, I would say you are. Maybe you just do not know it :)

At the least, it is into you.

Edited by Sakari, 03 February 2013 - 06:20 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#74    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,204 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

Maybe maybe not.  Ya'll have a nice day.

Posted Image

#75    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:32 AM

View PostNight Walker, on 02 February 2013 - 10:21 PM, said:

That's the Bigfoot 2-step. Whether you are a believer/knower/experiencer, skeptic, or on the fence we are all engaged in this merry dance that goes round and round. Where there is Life there is Hope or Where there is Hope there is Life? Either way, we all get what we're really after (except a specimen - that would ruin everything for everyone!)

At least Stardrive is out looking, which is a great deal more than most of us here are doing, myself included. I know I'd like to see a real.......something, body, skeleton, a live Bigfoot because the only reason I'm open to the possibility is because of what happened to two friends of mine. My only encounter was a smell so.........oh dear..........twenty-one or so years ago. Me, I'd love nothing better than to find conclusive proof they exist, even if that takes away from the mystic and allure these creatures seem to conjure up.

......and if I do get the chance to join Stardrive and go looking about for whatever we can find, I'm sure we'll have a good time of it. Hell, we might even post up some pictures of us out and about out "Squatchin'".

Edited by keninsc, 05 February 2013 - 02:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users