Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

J. J. Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII,

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

If you weren’t thrilled about J. J. Abrams’ interpretation of the Star Trek franchise, and also weren’t thrilled about the third Star Wars trilogy being in development, then boy, do we have some bad news for you. It would seem J. J. Abrams is slated to direct the next Star Wars, Episode VII.
The third trilogy in the famed trilogy of trilogies was announced last October when Disney purchased Lucasfilm for a little over $4 billion in cash and stock. The new entry is set for a 2015 release, with Michael Arndt (of Toy Story 3 and Little Miss Sunshine fame) penned in to write the script.
Love him or hate him, J. J. Abrams has seen enormous success in recent years, whether he was bewildering fans with Lost, revitalizing the Star Trek franchise, or producing a love note to old Godzilla movies. Now, with another Star TrekStar Trek Into Darkness– releasing on May 17, it would seem Abrams has control over the two most famous star-prefixed franchises in media.

http://www.geek.com/...-trek-20130124/

I hope this is for real!

#2    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

Star Wars, the real Star Wars, has been dead for 20 years. So has Star Trek.

You can flog a dead horse, turn it over and flog it some more. But it's still a dead horse.

#3    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,770 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

so lifhtsbaers generating lens flare here we come!

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#4    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,406 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Dead or not, there are lots and lots of Star Wars and Star Trek fans. I suspect Mr. Abrams has gotten himself far more of a 'cash cow' than a 'dead horse'.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#5    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

View PostLilly, on 25 January 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

Dead or not, there are lots and lots of Star Wars and Star Trek fans. I suspect Mr. Abrams has gotten himself far more of a 'cash cow' than a 'dead horse'.

Money, of course, being paramount makes all sell outs OK. Or buy ins.

#6    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,897 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

I enjoyed JJ Abrams take of Star Trek.  I am willing to give this a go too, Star Wars was my first big movie hit I am one of those geeks that have seen it more times than I am willing to admit and would watch it again in a heartbeat - or anything even remotely related to them.  He will receive hate mail tho if he messes it up, possibly even from yours truly.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#7    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

View PostAntilles, on 25 January 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

You can flog a dead horse, turn it over and flog it some more. But it's still a dead horse.

This is a matter of opinion. And it is an opinion held by a minority of people.

#8    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

This is going to be awesome. Lets hope J.J.A captures the feeling from the original 3 movies.

Ford, Fisher and Hamil? http://www.telegraph...lo-return.html#

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#9    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan but I find it silly to continue the series, especially with the gigantic expanded universe from the books that may get 'erased canonically' because of this silly cash cow movies. But hey, whateva, no one can make me watch it and make them part of my 'personal cannon' so to those who'll enjoy, good on ya for not having a stick up your butt like me. :3

Posted Image

~MEH~

#10    PlanB

PlanB

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

• Find out what you love and let it kill you.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Sulu armed with a lightsaber battling The Smoke Monster. MAKE IT HAPPEN ABRAMS!

#11    PlanB

PlanB

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

• Find out what you love and let it kill you.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Never mind, I did it myself.

Posted Image

#12    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

View PostHasina, on 25 January 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan but I find it silly to continue the series, especially with the gigantic expanded universe from the books that may get 'erased canonically' because of this silly cash cow movies. But hey, whateva, no one can make me watch it and make them part of my 'personal cannon' so to those who'll enjoy, good on ya for not having a stick up your butt like me. :3
LOL

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#13    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,021 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Just my opinion... But considering the second set of movies, they probably can't hork this one up much worse.

#14    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

View Postrashore, on 25 January 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:

Just my opinion... But considering the second set of movies, they probably can't hork this one up much worse.

Revenge of the Sith is my second favourite Star Wars film, behind Return of the Jedi and only slightly ahead of The Empire Strikes Back (which itself.is only slightly ahead of A New Hope).

#15    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

• The great path has no gates. Thousands of roads enter it. When one passes through this gateless gate, he walks freely between heaven and earth.

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

View PostAntilles, on 25 January 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

Sometimes the dead horse is more entertaining than the live one. Neither series is dead. The Star Trek reboot was great. Trekkers who think otherwise are delusional with selective memories. I'd be happier with Joss Whedon, but I don't think this is a bad move at all. Certainly better than letting George Lucas further ruin the series.

Ummon asked : "The world is such a wide world, why do you answer a bell and don ceremonial robes?" ~ Zen Flesh Zen Bones

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users