Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

J. J. Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII,

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,558 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 29 January 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

You don't like Abrams?

In my opinion - I've yet to see an Abrams film that's even close to being in the same class as the first three Star Wars movies.

Edited by Tiggs, 29 January 2013 - 08:00 PM.

#32    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

View PostTiggs, on 29 January 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

In my opinion - I've yet to see an Abrams film that's even close to being in the same class as the first three Star Wars movies.

Yeah I see where you're coming from, but, in my opinion, trying to compare any trilogy or film/s to the first three Star Wars films is like comparing frying steak to fillet. I thought he did really well with Star Trek and I enjoyed Cloverfield as well. If we're looking for films to match the quality of the original Star Wars films then it most likely will never happen. Star Wars was fairly original at the time; all these decades later - after thousands of sci-fi films - I doubt we'll ever see any true originality emerge and never a whole film. The most we can hope for is a cool storyline.

A way I always like to think about newer films though is that if, say, Star Trek rebooted had been seen by an audience in the 70s, it would have blown their minds. We take for granted just how cool films look and feel nowadays.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users