Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

have you ever seen a cryptid/ or unexplained

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    the dalek killer

the dalek killer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

i saw a lake monster in northern ireland

#17    Sundew

Sundew

Poltergeist

• 2,508 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 26 January 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

That is cool! They are hard to catch (and find depending where you live) and beautiful. I remember in college in entomology class we got extra credit on our insect collections if we got a Tiger beetle! I did. I still remember spotting it on a rock on a sunlit path.
Sorry, guess you have to be an insect freak to appreciate that! :whistle:

Yeah, I used to collect insects as a kid, the most frustrating thing was not having a net when you needed one! Once I saw what I later learned was an Asian butterfly (if I remember right) on the east coast near the ocean, but could not catch it bare handed. Never saw another like it, but that's life, lol.

These days I just plant things that attract butterflies to the yard, they have a tough time locally and many species I saw as a kid have been gone for years now. Too bad really.

#18    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

I did encounter a nasty odor once while deer hunting in Georgia, never did see anything of find any other evidence like footprints or hair. Couple weeks later is when my Buddy told me of his encounter where he said he saw one.

#19    Ravinoff

Ravinoff

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

Went looking for Cressie one day a couple years back. Didn't see anything, but I'd go back and swim around a bit if I had the chance. Got a picture with the statue of the "monster," too.

#20    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

• The Proof is in the "peeas nuhhh burder"

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

Closest thing for me was old footage of the Tazmanian Tiger - seeing that last poor guy pace back and forth still brings me a twinge of sadness.  What an amazing looking beast, very "prehistoric" looking.

I thought I pulled  a cryptid out of the Barnegat Bay when I was like 8, ugliest creature ever, but it was just a fish called an "oyster cracker"....or was it? dun dun dun!

What time is it? "peeas nuh burder" and Jelly time!

#21    TravelerZero

TravelerZero

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:53 AM

Saw what appeared to be a wolf in a ravine close to my place. It was dark, it was just outside the light of the sidewalk lamp, and at first I thought it was a small female deer. When I said to myself (out loud) "oh s**t its a deer" it raised its head and looked at me, and it definatly was not a deer. Even an "eastern coyote" (Canadian term?), which I think is a wolf/coyote hybrid, is not thought to live this far south. Biggest canine I have ever seen in person. Prolly not a crypid, but it was quite unexpected (by unexpected I mean there should be a 0% chance of wolves in toronto ontario).

#22    TravelerZero

TravelerZero

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

*Biggest canine I have ever seen - There is a Great Dane that is owned in my apartment complex. It may or may not be bigger than what I saw, but I would say the two are definitely comparable.

#23    Nathan DiYorio

Nathan DiYorio

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

• Bitter words with sweet flavor are poison just the same.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:31 AM

Mountain Lion up on my little ridge.

Supposedly they don't exist here, so that technically qualifies them as a cryptid by general consensus.

Edited by Xetan, 12 February 2013 - 05:31 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users