Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The year 2045

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    coolguy

coolguy

Poltergeist

• 2,394 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

Maybe by then we will a moon base and a base on mars.so far its 2013 and we have nothing yet .when i was a kid they said the future we will have this now

#17    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,050 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

View PostDataAngel, on 26 January 2013 - 03:38 AM, said:

By nature, the megalomaniacs, and selfish souls of the Earth, will strive to control these new technologies and advancements for their own gains. The most powerful systems of Government that currently exist in your time are systems known as plutocracies, and a plutocracy is controlled by the super wealthy. These wealthy elites will be the first to have the opportunity to sample the advantages of the coming technological revolution. Therefore, it is up to you to fight every day for the will of the Egregore consciousness of the human race. You must fight long and hard, every day, to insure that the global consciousness of this growing electronic hyper intelligence is not a tool for the plutocrats, but a sympathizer for democracy and the will of all living things. If you fail, then you and your kin will not be written in the book of life, and your ancestors shall weep from their unborn graves, as your blood line is wiped from the face of the Earth by the will of the followers of greed.

The future beyond the Singularity is not knowable by linear, chemical, animal brains. Your primary objective is to simply make it to the year 2045. And I tell you the truth, you will not make it to the year 2045, if the plutocrats retain control of this planet. At the time of the Singularity, the next phase of your existence will be revealed.
No worries, my time machine is a turn table.
Posted Image
And I'd have to say, this seems like a Countdown to me...
almost a...
FINAL Countdown... >.>

Posted Image

~MEH~

#18    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,573 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:05 AM

View PostDataAngel, on 26 January 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:

When the time comes it really will be a cool story, wont it.. Bro?
Thats all it will be, a story.

#19    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

The Singularity is a much broader concept than is being portrayed in the OP and much of it has nothing to do with making specific preditions or proclamations such as we are Legion. The theatrics detract from the seriousness of this topic and only serve to draw out the cynics, malcontents, and persons unable to approach this on an academic level.

#20    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

On a more serious note.

Raymond "Ray" Kurzweil (/ˈkɜrzwaɪl/ KURZ-wyl; born February 12, 1948) is an American author, inventor, futurist, and director of engineering at Google.

http://en.wikipedia....aymond_Kurzweil

The Singularity Is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology is a 2005 update of Raymond Kurzweil's 1999 book The Age of Spiritual Machines and his 1990 book The Age of Intelligent Machines. In it, as in the two previous versions, Kurzweil attempts to give a glimpse of what awaits us in the near future. He proposes a coming technological singularity, and how we would thus be able to augment our bodies and minds with technology. He describes the singularity as resulting from a combination of three important technologies of the 21st century — genetics, nanotechnology, and robotics (including artificial intelligence).

http://en.wikipedia....ularity_Is_Near

I would rather discuss the topic with him or those who have read his book and understood it. Doubt anything interesting will be produced if the thread continues as it seems to be going. Have fun.

#21    Theater of Dreams

Theater of Dreams

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 53 posts

• 'Open your eyes, Victoria!'

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

I see no evidence to support any of the claims that you've made. But what do I know? I'm just a skeptist.

View PostDataAngel, on 26 January 2013 - 04:02 AM, said:

Skepticism will only keep your mind dilute and useless.
Of course, I prefer to call it being realistic, but with everybody thinking themselves the same, that term doesn't carry much weight.

Dream Theater

#22    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

Will be the same as 2012...... the sun will come up... go across the sky and go down all year. The new apocalypses will be thought up, and new dates will be stated.

#23    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

View PostI believe you, on 26 January 2013 - 08:02 AM, said:

On a more serious note.

http://en.wikipedia....aymond_Kurzweil

http://en.wikipedia....ularity_Is_Near

I would rather discuss the topic with him or those who have read his book and understood it. Doubt anything interesting will be produced if the thread continues as it seems to be going. Have fun.

Now see that at least makes sense, genetics, nanotechnology, and robotics are tangible things that are progressing every day. I don't agree with him on a great many things, but I do see where he gets some of his ideas from and why he would see it the way he does. It makes more sense than the gibberish of the OP that's for sure.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users