Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Wisconsin Sheriff Tells the Truth!

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#46    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

He means history is barely taught in our schools anymore. My child has learned so much more from his own reading and watching "educational" historical TV then he will ever learn in lower education. I say lower education because we have a higher education history teacher in the house so itleast real history is available there. I cannot tell you what percentage of students ever enter those classes as they would be considered electives unless you were in certain college majors.

So basically an American can go through there whole life without learning history or even "modern" history such as the conflict in your own countries recent history. Let alone what it was about. The only way to learn that is to do your own research here in America.

This was replaced with standarized testing that focuses only on basic school work. Reading, Arithmetic.

Edited by AsteroidX, 27 January 2013 - 02:08 PM.

#47    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 27 January 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

He means history is barely taught in our schools anymore. My child has learned so much more from his own reading and watching "educational" historical TV then he will ever learn in lower education. I say lower education because we have a higher education history teacher in the house so itleast real history is available there. I cannot tell you what percentage of students ever enter those classes as they would be considered electives unless you were in certain college majors.

I had already gathered that from previous posts..  He mentioned a liberal agenda took over.. So I asked -> .When you say a liberal agenda, what do you mean?  Why did they stop teaching it in its proper sense?
I was looking to know what he meant, to see were he is coming from?

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#48    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

Yeah. I dont attribute that to any Liberal agenda myself. But an Agenda. yeah I go for that.

Its the dumbing of Americans. Intentionally. Especially those of lesser means.

I cant speak of where he was coming from but from past conversations I will assume it is close to near the same as what Im saying.

Sorry for butting in.

#49    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

View PostUncle Sam, on 26 January 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:

[size=4]

People need to seriously be proactive in this department if the government is unwilling to teach our children the importance of the constitution. It feels like the government is trying to make it out to be a unimportant document, a relic of the past, which it really isn't at all. It is just as valuable as it was the day they sign it.

I agree completely with your sentiment, but the facts are that constitutional governance is an illusion.  Consider the Unpatriot Act or NDAA amendments as but 2 examples out of many.  Through the actions of all 3 branches of government, the Constitution is under steady attack.  That so many citizens support the GWOT shows why.

#50    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,810 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

the liberal agenda... I'm trying to come up with a simple answer. It's not easy. Best thing to do is hang around these forums, pay attention and gather it all in. So you got me searching for a well written simply put answer for ya and I came across this website. I guess it's a book promo with excerpts. I read one excerpt "the madness of the liberal agenda" and it was pretty concise and about as descriptive as one could ask for. In fact, the whole link is worthy of its own thread.
Here is the link. Aside from the excerpt I read I can't say ATM how the rest of it is but if you want to know all about modern liberalism and what many dislike about it this looks like a one stop link.
http://www.libertymi...php?page_id=257

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 27 January 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

I had already gathered that from previous posts..  He mentioned a liberal agenda took over.. So I asked -> .When you say a liberal agenda, what do you mean?  Why did they stop teaching it in its proper sense?
I was looking to know what he meant, to see were he is coming from?
See above ^^^^

#51    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 27 January 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

Yeah. I dont attribute that to any Liberal agenda myself. But an Agenda. yeah I go for that.

Its the dumbing of Americans. Intentionally. Especially those of lesser means.

I cant speak of where he was coming from but from past conversations I will assume it is close to near the same as what Im saying.

Sorry for butting in.

It's an open forum, butt in as often as you wish

#52    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 27 January 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

the liberal agenda... I'm trying to come up with a simple answer. It's not easy. Best thing to do is hang around these forums, pay attention and gather it all in. So you got me searching for a well written simply put answer for ya and I came across this website. I guess it's a book promo with excerpts. I read one excerpt "the madness of the liberal agenda" and it was pretty concise and about as descriptive as one could ask for. In fact, the whole link is worthy of its own thread.
Here is the link. Aside from the excerpt I read I can't say ATM how the rest of it is but if you want to know all about modern liberalism and what many dislike about it this looks like a one stop link.
http://www.libertymi...php?page_id=257

See above ^^^^

To sum up.. Liberalism  is to take away your rights and tell the nations to do what they are told...Control them like a parent would with a child, and doing this by using incentives ..Am I on the right track ?

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 27 January 2013 - 03:30 PM.

#53    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Honestly, I get that the Sherriff was telling the truth and he is clearly more than a little frustrated at not having the resources he needs to keep his town safe - but it has to be said, it wasn't only the good guys who heard what he said about not being able to respond to crimes effectively, just putting that out there.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#54    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

Why are putting this on topic mod :nw:

#55    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,810 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 27 January 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

To sum up.. Liberalism  is to take away your rights and tell the nations to do what they are told...Control them like a parent would with a child, and doing this by using incentives ..Am I on the right track ?
Yep. Now this is about modern liberalism, aka progressivism. Liberal used to mean something different but let's stay on track.

#56    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,810 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 27 January 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

Honestly, I get that the Sherriff was telling the truth and he is clearly more than a little frustrated at not having the resources he needs to keep his town safe - but it has to be said, it wasn't only the good guys who heard what he said about not being able to respond to crimes effectively, just putting that out there.
Sure but the criminals I assume you speak of also just heard the sheriff tell the whole town it's a good time to get a gun and learn how to use it. I'd say disadvantage: criminals, advantage: the citizens.

#57    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

Small towns. Not sure of the population of this sherrifs county generally have less crime unless there drug infested. In which case the criminals are likely stealing from each other.

#58    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 27 January 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

Sure but the criminals I assume you speak of also just heard the sheriff tell the whole town it's a good time to get a gun and learn how to use it. I'd say disadvantage: criminals, advantage: the citizens.
Lets hope you are right but I have a doubt about average Joe's real capacity to perform under that kind of pressure, the criminal has the element of surprise on their side me thinks.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#59    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,810 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 27 January 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

Lets hope you are right but I have a doubt about average Joe's real capacity to perform under that kind of pressure, the criminal has the element of surprise on their side me thinks.
I agree with that. But still I don't think criminals see much of an advantage when the whole county has been called to arms. Chances are crimes will continue as they were but if just a few more citizens are a little more prepared and a little more alert I think it can only be a good thing.

#60    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 27 January 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

I have a feeling, that IF in my own country, we had the rights to bare arms..The no good terrorists that used to burst into random homes and shoot innocent people dead  for political and religious reasons. These low life gunmen may have thought twice before doing so  IF they knew that every citizen was packed to the hilt with their own guns and were allowed to shoot anyone who is attempting to kill them and their loved ones   I have heard so many say this over here for years,  I wish I had a gun to protect my own family.. That was when the killings were really bad.

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 27 January 2013 - 04:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users