Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Secret door at Machu Picchu

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#46    hollistrum

hollistrum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Every new discovery of ancient people is history changing, This one will be the same as soon as the red tape is lifted.

#47    Everdred

Everdred

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

View PostCapt Amerika, on 28 January 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

I'm glad a lot of you aren't adventurers.  We would never learn anything new or discover something exciting.
"History is written", "nothing new out there"  Where is your sense of adventure?
What would people do if they opened the door and ET walked out saying "Its about damn time someone unlocked the door" - It wont, but tell me you wouldn't freak out. :alien: :yes:
Personally, i would love to see them find something with a detailed history of their civilization and maybe even something that ties together what we already know or think we know.
I for one am tired of Governments taking years and years if at all to allow archaeologists access to these sites.  It just means the finds wont be found until im long gone and that sucks.
I want to see a discovery of such magnitude that it rocks the world, it would make for a good diversion from the worlds current daily turmoil.

Well, the only known record-keeping system of the Inca is a string/knot system that doesn't appear to have any capacity for recording language, so I wouldn't expect any particularly interesting records.  I imagine it's probably just a hidden cache of valuable ornamental objects.  Nice museum pieces, but nothing that will re-write any history.

#48    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

View Postad hoc, on 28 January 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

lol it was just a guess, not a major statement. A reasonable one tho, since fantasy scenarios are usually what people are talking about when they say that ancient ruins have hidden records of 'an alternate history of mankind completely different from what we're taught.'

Which, for that matter, Gobekli Tepe doesn't constitute. (yes I've heard about it thanks). It's a new piece of the puzzle, doesn't change the majority of what we know about antiquity though. Doesn't answer what scenarios you have in mind for the re-writing of the history of mankind, and that'll be found as records lying in an incan ruin. :lol:

Since scientist are finding ancient cities that are dating in the 10's of 1000's and showing craftsmanship superior then expected, here's what I think.
Humankind was more advanced then what modern science gives them credit for. I don't believe ET had any involvement. It's just that some catastrophe
happened that set humankind back until we built ourselves back to what we are today.

If an asteroid impact (for example) hit today and wiped out 2/3 of the worlds population, we would be put back in the stone age until over a few 1000 years
we might build ourselves up to be advanced once again. But if scientist of the future look at the ruins of our legacy like an old rusted locomotive or the effiel Tower,
what do you suppose they would make of it?  All this is just a theory of mine.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve.
But to much skepticism can make you narrow minded to extraordinary possibilities.

#49    3.0

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:41 AM

People have travelled to it for years, since it was found.  Now they've made a new discovery?  amazing!

#50    lakeview rud

lakeview rud

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Mag 357; good theory.  I was at the doctor's office with the wife today and glanced at a recent issue of the Smithsonian.  They had a good article about many cracks in the previously unshakeable and tightly held (by the 'experts') Clovis People theory.  That is, nothing much for humans in the America's until 12,500 years ago.  Now it seems there are several sites (still hotly contested by the established 'experts' in the field) that are significantly older.  One theory even suggests a colonization 20,000 years ago by the Solutreans(early Europeans) who brought there tool making skills with them and thats what eventually led to the Clovis points found out West.  Best to keep an open mind and check for the facts rather than always taking that "expert" opinion.

#51    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,121 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

View Postlakeview rud, on 29 January 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

Mag 357; good theory.  I was at the doctor's office with the wife today and glanced at a recent issue of the Smithsonian.  They had a good article about many cracks in the previously unshakeable and tightly held (by the 'experts') Clovis People theory.  That is, nothing much for humans in the America's until 12,500 years ago.  Now it seems there are several sites (still hotly contested by the established 'experts' in the field) that are significantly older.  One theory even suggests a colonization 20,000 years ago by the Solutreans(early Europeans) who brought there tool making skills with them and thats what eventually led to the Clovis points found out West.  Best to keep an open mind and check for the facts rather than always taking that "expert" opinion.

Just Google Monte Verde, Chile.

The finds there are older than anything Clovis, and it is now accepted as being older.

But about the Solutreans.. there is no genetical proof ancient Europeans arrived in the Americas.

#52    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 5,016 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

I believe most of us are not locked onto what "the experts" tell us.   That's why investigating is still happening.   However, to dismiss what they have learned just because they are  "the established 'experts" is irresponsible.
By the way, there isn't a group that took blood oaths to stick to an untruth.

#53    Everdred

Everdred

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

It's certainly true that the Clovis First theory needs to be revised, but that's just saying that hunter-gatherers migrated here earlier.  It's not really the same as Mag357's idea that there was advanced civilization that got destroyed.  We didn't know about pre-Clovis because the common view of Clovis First meant many archaeologists didn't even bother to dig below their Clovis layers.  But the evidence of an advanced civilization isn't going to be as sparse as evidence of h-g subsistence patterns.

#54    Erowin

Erowin

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

• This is incredibly silly!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:50 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 26 January 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

Yes, who cares about piffling things like culture, ownership, respect for the interred, safety - lets dig for Dinosaur bones with dynamite and hack our way into temples.

I'm all for protocols to make sure nothing is damaged and to be as careful and thorough as possible, though if this door was barred from being opened because of 'respect for the dead' or something I'd be grinding my teeth. They better let them open that door, though knowing the possible monetary value I'm sure the country will be totally on board!

#55    Red Moon

Red Moon

Angry werewolf girl

• 2,116 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

Wow! This is so exciting :D

Being tough is the new square.

#56    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 5,016 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

View PostErowin, on 30 January 2013 - 04:50 AM, said:

I'm all for protocols to make sure nothing is damaged and to be as careful and thorough as possible, though if this door was barred from being opened because of 'respect for the dead' or something I'd be grinding my teeth. They better let them open that door, though knowing the possible monetary value I'm sure the country will be totally on board!
I'm with you.   Open the darn door.

#57    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,410 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Is the site guarded???

Putting out a release saying "Silver and Gold" publically is bound to draw interest from Looters and Robbers. I pray that the door is still there when the Team gets permission to open it.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#58    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

View PostMag357, on 29 January 2013 - 01:02 AM, said:

Since scientist are finding ancient cities that are dating in the 10's of 1000's and showing craftsmanship superior then expected, here's what I think.
Humankind was more advanced then what modern science gives them credit for. I don't believe ET had any involvement. It's just that some catastrophe
happened that set humankind back until we built ourselves back to what we are today.

If an asteroid impact (for example) hit today and wiped out 2/3 of the worlds population, we would be put back in the stone age until over a few 1000 years
we might build ourselves up to be advanced once again. But if scientist of the future look at the ruins of our legacy like an old rusted locomotive or the effiel Tower,
what do you suppose they would make of it?  All this is just a theory of mine.

I agree 100%
I often wonder how many times our civilization may have risen to the point we are now and then evaporated due to some mass extinction that left only a handful of people.
After watching the TV series "Life after People", i am convinced it doesn't take long to wipe out evidence we were here.
Ancient Aliens is another program i like to watch as long as i substitute the word Alien with humans i find it intriguing.
Imagine if the only people left were a tribe of aboriginals over in Australia or such.
Heck, there are people today that have no clue where we stand in terms of advancement due to their isolationist ways.
I may be wrong but it seems at least plausible to me.

#59    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 2,085 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

View PostCapt Amerika, on 01 February 2013 - 08:08 PM, said:

I agree 100%
I often wonder how many times our civilization may have risen to the point we are now and then evaporated due to some mass extinction that left only a handful of people.
After watching the TV series "Life after People", i am convinced it doesn't take long to wipe out evidence we were here.
Ancient Aliens is another program i like to watch as long as i substitute the word Alien with humans i find it intriguing.
Imagine if the only people left were a tribe of aboriginals over in Australia or such.
Heck, there are people today that have no clue where we stand in terms of advancement due to their isolationist ways.
I may be wrong but it seems at least plausible to me.

The Ancient Astronaut Theorist think it was ET that came to earth and gave humans knowledge.
I often wonder if it wasn't just like today there were advanced human societies like our
Western Cultures and primitive human cultures such as pacific islanders. But it was
the primitive human cultures more less telling the stories about the advanced human cultures and not ET.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve.
But to much skepticism can make you narrow minded to extraordinary possibilities.

#60    Cobalt60

Cobalt60

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

• "The Love-Song of J.Alfred Prufrock", by T.S.Eliot

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

...wonder how much they'll really and exactly understand of everything they find...
[by the way, anyone read "The Cave of the Ancients" by T. Lobsang Rampa? very informative stuff, bros & sis's]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users