Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Coolest Kids Are Also The Biggest Bullies

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

http://www.redorbit....bullies-012513/

A new study from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) revealed that “cool” kids in middle school had a tendency to participate in bullying more than others.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#2    MainerMikeBrown

MainerMikeBrown

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

Those kids who bully others will appear to be "cool," until they mess with the wrong kid and get beat up, that is.

When I was in high school, their were some kids who bullied many of my friends and I.  But a lot of those bullies stopped messing with me and my friends.

The reason?

They messed with the wrong kids and got beat up and humiliated.

No matter how big, strong, and tough a kid is, their's always someone else that can beat them up in a fight.  So if a bully goes around messing with other students, sooner or later it backfires.

#3    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,711 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

Peter Parker types are real, eventually they mature and far outshine their peers in even the most unexpected ways.

#4    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,974 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

"A new study from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) revealed that “cool” kids in middle school had a tendency to participate in bullying more than others."

The preceding study was also brought to you by the 'Institute of Obvious Studies'.

#5    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:15 AM

I think they are right about the aggression and violence part but not the bullying part. The people who fought were regarded as cool, not the ones who just straight up bullied or mouthed off.  The ones who broke the rules and did their own thing.
Maybe the definition of cool changed since I was in school.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users